• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

I can live with starting the season 0-14 on threes

I can live with getting stripped in traffic consistently. 

I can live with bad spin moves. 

I can live poor percentages within the paint considering I didn't expect much at least early on in terms of slashing. 

BUT WHAT I CANNOT ACCEPT is 5.1 3pt per game per36. 

I understand the line is further. I understand NBA defenders defend threes better than college. I can understand a dip in 3pt% but what I cannot accept is you playing unlike you. 

Cam, you are not a slasher. Of your 12 shots a game at Duke, 77% were jumpers and 7.4 were threes. I can live with that. 

I can't live with ONLY 45% of your shots being threes. Threes need to make up at least 70% of your shots and you need to shoot at least 10-12 shots a game playing 27 mpg. Teams will just sit on Trae's shot and force him to not take many shots. If you leave the game taking only 8 shots, most of which are blocked, you aren't really helping us and doing what got you drafted. I been looking at all Cam's metrics. He always been a low FG% high volume 3pt shooter. That's fine. That's okay, When you got playmaking skills, elite defense and are willing to get defensive rebounds, I can live with it. Offensive rebounds don't matter much anyway as we need to continue to have a great transition defense. 

Cam! If you shoot threes with volume, you only help Trae, Hunter, and others, not hurt them. When you attack the paint, it doesn't have the effect. Chuck that bitch Cam! Just have shot selection that don't stink. No fadeaway threes in transition or passing on open driving lanes to take a three on a 3-1 fastbreak. You are 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan. Shoot damnit! 

I have nothing but praise in general to his defense. Better than I expected, much better than most of the scouts projected but I said he is like Lonzo Ball as a rookie, just quicker, longer, more agile, better lateral quickness and better size on defense. 

But when it comes to shooting volume

I need to see to 9 to 11 3s per36 for the rest of calendar year. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 game sample size. I am not worried. I don't see Cam as a chucker; I think he has a conscious. He has to figure out ways to score when his shot is not falling. Even Hunter's stats are taking a dive. We wanted the rookies tossed into the fire, this should be expected. I want effort on defense no matter how bad the shooting is. That I expect and did not get against the Bulls.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

7 game sample size. I am not worried. I don't see Cam as a chucker; I think he has a conscious. He has to figure out ways to score when his shot is not falling. Even Hunter's stats are taking a dive. We wanted the rookies tossed into the fire, this should be expected. I want effort on defense no matter how bad the shooting is. That I expect and did not get against the Bulls.

Hunter is like rookie Brogdon, he can score from all three levels efficiently as long as he has space. Cam is a shooter. 77% shots in college were jumpers. Over 60% were threes. 9 3s per36 and 10per36. Before his major injury, 10.2 per36.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190214192729/http://www.tankathon.com/players/cam-reddish

That's what we need. Malik Monk took 10.2 3s per36 as a rookie. Mitchell took 7 per game and 7.5 per36. 

For example of last year, Bazemore took 4.5 per game 6.6 per36. Prince took 5.7 per game and 7.3 per36. 

Hunter took 2.8 per game at UVA and 3.1 per36. 

Hunter is shooting 3.4 per game and 4.4 per36. That's improvement! That's why I am not mad at Hunter. I need Cam to get up at least 8 threes a game. AT LEAST! 

Edited by NBASupes

21 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

When you've shot as bad as he has to start the year, that's probably the primary reason for putting up less attempts. When the shots start falling consistently, I expect his attempts will go up.

You need to shoot volume threes if you are a volume three point shooter. Sorry but I don't want to see Josh Smith living at the 3pt line even if he is shooting 36% from three. You are an inside scorer, even if he is struggling in the paint, keep trying, keep getting buckets in the post. I want Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver and J.J. Reddick shooting threes in volume even if you are in a deep slump. I want Cam Reddish shooting volume threes. Your legs will come. 

Play your game. This slashing ain't it. It wasn't it at Duke either. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

The last thing we need right now is Cam bricking ten 3's every game. The kid has plenty of time to adjust his game. What I am concerned about is Huerter and his poor shooting and lack of play time. Maybe it's the injury thing but this surprises me more then anything and hope to see it fixed very damn soon

Kevin is a low volume shooter. The issue is, he normally makes many that he takes. Struggling right now but it will come. 

So what if Cam goes 0-8 or 1-10 from 3. He needs to play his game. Right now, he is going 1-8 and 2-9 anyway and is a higher risk for turnovers with his current style of play 

3 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Allen Crabbe needs to hurry back so Cam can get some time down in College Park.

You really think Allen will be able to help us within the next couple of months? We just got Kev back three weeks ago and he still look like he a month away. Allen might not be Allen again till ASB. 

12 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

The last thing we need right now is Cam bricking ten 3's every game. The kid has plenty of time to adjust his game. What I am concerned about is Huerter and his poor shooting and lack of play time. Maybe it's the injury thing but this surprises me more then anything and hope to see it fixed very damn soon

Yes, this is a huge shock to me. I remember watching videos of Huerter training this offseason and he was splashing 3s effortlessly. Something must be off on his mechanics (perhaps due to the injury). For the Hawks sake (and most of our collective sanity🤓), please work out the kinks, Kevin! We need you!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I can live with starting the season 0-14 on threes

I can live with getting stripped in traffic consistently. 

I can live with bad spin moves. 

I can live poor percentages within the paint considering I didn't expect much at least early on in terms of slashing. 

BUT WHAT I CANNOT ACCEPT is 5.1 3pt per game per36. 

I understand the line is further. I understand NBA defenders defend threes better than college. I can understand a dip in 3pt% but what I cannot accept is you playing unlike you. 

Cam, you are not a slasher. Of your 12 shots a game at Duke, 77% were jumpers and 7.4 were threes. I can live with that. 

I can't live with ONLY 45% of your shots being threes. Threes need to make up at least 70% of your shots and you need to shoot at least 10-12 shots a game playing 27 mpg. Teams will just sit on Trae's shot and force him to not take many shots. If you leave the game taking only 8 shots, most of which are blocked, you aren't really helping us and doing what got you drafted. I been looking at all Cam's metrics. He always been a low FG% high volume 3pt shooter. That's fine. That's okay, When you got playmaking skills, elite defense and are willing to get defensive rebounds, I can live with it. Offensive rebounds don't matter much anyway as we need to continue to have a great transition defense. 

Cam! If you shoot threes with volume, you only help Trae, Hunter, and others, not hurt them. When you attack the paint, it doesn't have the effect. Chuck that bitch Cam! Just have shot selection that don't stink. No fadeaway threes in transition or passing on open driving lanes to take a three on a 3-1 fastbreak. You are 6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan. Shoot damnit! 

I have nothing but praise in general to his defense. Better than I expected, much better than most of the scouts projected but I said he is like Lonzo Ball as a rookie, just quicker, longer, more agile, better lateral quickness and better size on defense. 

But when it comes to shooting volume

I need to see to 9 to 11 3s per36 for the rest of calendar year. 

Why would you want a bad 3 point shooter to be a volume shooter from 3?  When Josh Smith did this, the fan base went crazy and turned on him. 

I think you might need to come to the reality that Cam just isn't a knockdown 3 point shooter, especially not now.

At best, he may be a streak shooter from the outside.   His best chance at NBA success, is to develop his "off the dribble" offense.  He's made more good passes running the pick and roll, than he has making 3s.

Cam has more steals (8) than 3 point makes (5).

Honestly, for what you want Cam to do, he needs to go down 85 to College Park, and spend a few weeks with the Skyhawks to just see what a volume shooting Cam would look like.  If we had legit vets on the team, he and Bruno would be down there right now, working on their games.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why would you want a bad 3 point shooter to be a volume shooter from 3?  When Josh Smith did this, the fan base went crazy and turned on him. 

I think you might need to come to the reality that Cam just isn't a knockdown 3 point shooter, especially not now.

At best, he may be a streak shooter from the outside.   His best chance at NBA success, is to develop his "off the dribble" offense.  He's made more good passes running the pick and roll, than he has making 3s.

Cam has more steals (8) than 3 point makes (5).

Honestly, for what you want Cam to do, he needs to go down 85 to College Park, and spend a few weeks with the Skyhawks to just see what a volume shooting Cam would look like.  If we had legit vets on the team, he and Bruno would be down there right now, working on their games.

Trae hit 17% in November and October combined and 11% in November. Cam can shoot and shooters shoot. This isn't Josh Smith who can't shoot with a broken form worse than anyone who played for this squad. Cam needs to shoot threes in volume. He will get back to his Duke percentages in due time. 

11 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Allen Crabbe needs to hurry back so Cam can get some time down in College Park.

As I said in my last post, the lack of legit vets are pretty much forcing guys like Cam and Bruno to learn on the fly, when they probably should spend 5 - 7 games in the G-League as offensive focal points.

LP is in a bind.  Cam is undoubtedly one of the top 3 defensive players we have on this team . . but he's also one of the 3 worst offensive players.  With Huerter not having the green light to play 30 minutes a game, that's also keeping Cam on the "big team", instead of in the G-League. 

So as you said, it will be very interesting to see what happens when Crabbe comes back.  He's not going to play any defense AT ALL, but he can fill it up from the outside.  If Crabbe is allowed to get 15 - 18 min a game, someone's time will have to be cut. 

Will it be Cam's?  Will it be Vince's?  Or will LP opt not to play Crabbe at all, in an attempt to continue to develop Cam.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I said in my last post, the lack of legit vets are pretty much forcing guys like Cam and Bruno to learn on the fly, when they probably should spend 5 - 7 games in the G-League as offensive focal points.

LP is in a bind.  Cam is undoubtedly one of the top 3 defensive players we have on this team . . but he's also one of the 3 worst offensive players.  With Huerter not having the green light to play 30 minutes a game, that's also keeping Cam on the "big team", instead of in the G-League. 

So as you said, it will be very interesting to see what happens when Crabbe comes back.  He's not going to play any defense AT ALL, but he can fill it up from the outside.  If Crabbe is allowed to get 15 - 18 min a game, someone's time will have to be cut. 

Will it be Cam's?  Will it be Vince's?  Or will LP opt not to play Crabbe at all, in an attempt to continue to develop Cam.

You said all of this and Cam still needs to shoot 8-10 threes a game while as a member of the Atlanta Hawks.

Edited by NBASupes

If you are a Debbie Downer ass dude, I get it but I am not. Some of you assholes are acting like he is Josh Smith or rookie Ricky Rubio from three. The kid can flat out shoot the rock at all levels. He has never been efficient and I am not looking for that from him. I want the same defense and playmaking but with 70-75% of his shots being threes. I do not even mind the drives that go nowhere, I just want them severally limited moving forward at least this season. 

Teams are going under screens, daring him to drive only to block off a direct angle to the basket forcing him to make decisions which he hasn't really done well at so far in the pros or college. Do what you do. You were drafted because you can be a worse shooting, high end variance, higher volume Klay Thompson with better defense and some playmaking. Be that but the lite version as a rookie. He needs to shoot whenever he has space. Just shoot it. Don't think. Bazemore did it and he's a scrub. Prince did it. Cam, you did it at Duke. Just shoot and let it fly baby, fly!

Edited by NBASupes

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well this escalated quickly.:laugh1:

This is what happens when you say someone will break the NBA and all he's doing is breaking backboards shooting from 3.

Patience is key. Let him find his way...not on your timeline but the coach.

I rather him break backboards and do what he does than trying to be Tracy McGrady and getting blocked like Lou Williams and SAR.

I have a lot of patience when you play your game. His game is shooting 8-10 threes a game.

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Supes gonna be like . . . 

"Shoot it Cam!!   SHOOT IT!!"

And Cam will be like . . .

Image result for carlton banks basketball gif

Just keep playing defense, Cam.  Get out on the break and let's get some highlight dunks.

Cam can shoot, stop acting like he's Westbrook or Josh Smith. You stay Debbie Downing. Trae shot 11% from 3 in November. I say, shoot that bitch some more. Now he is shooting better than anyone with volume and everyone is quiet. 

Cam shoots 40% on 12-14 threes a game. Everybody gonna be on his game

Edited by NBASupes