• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam can shoot, stop acting like he's Westbrook or Josh Smith. You stay Debbie Downing. Trae shot 11% from 3 in November. I say, shoot that bitch some more. Now he is shooting better than anyone with volume and everyone is quiet. 

Cam shoots 40% on 12-14 threes a game. Everybody gonna be on his game

The difference is we saw Trae shoot and impact in college, Cam not so much.

Even when Trae was shooting 19% in November we felt his impact on the court offensively in other ways. Cam not so much.

It's been 7 games so no reason to be pissed off. It took Trae 20+ games to get his 3 pt shooting steady.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam can shoot, stop acting like he's Westbrook or Josh Smith. You stay Debbie Downing. Trae shot 11% from 3 in November. I say, shoot that bitch some more. Now he is shooting better than anyone with volume and everyone is quiet. 

Cam shoots 40% on 12-14 threes a game. Everybody gonna be on his game

I praise Cam all of the time on his defense and his ability to find people as the ball handler.  I think those are his strengths as a ball player.

I don't think he's a shooter . . . at all.

You disagree.

When he starts to shoot 35% from 3, you'll get to gloat a little.  In the meantime, I just hope he starts making a few more midrange jumpers off the dribble.  The last thing I want to see happen to the kid, is the crowd start to groan every time he shoots a 3.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is we saw Trae shoot and impact in college, Cam not so much.

Even when Trae was shooting 19% in November we felt his impact on the court offensively in other ways. Cam not so much.

It's been 7 games so no reason to be pissed off. It took Trae 20+ games to get his 3 pt shooting steady.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/trae-young

https://web.archive.org/web/20190214192729/http://www.tankathon.com/players/cam-reddish

Before Cam injury during the North Carolina game, he shooting 35% on 10 per36. That's an insane total. His projected 3pt% 39% which is .1 higher than Klay Thompson. Think about that for one second. 

Once again, you guys don't know Cams game. I heard an idiot on here say this is how Cam played at Duke. No the f*** he didn't. I watched every f***ing game.

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

First, I think Cam's % of shots from 3pt range at Duke was artificially inflated by Duke already having two studs they wanted to feature near the basket.  Zion and Barrett averaged over 23 2pt shots per game between them.  They didn't want him in the same space on the floor.  This was double the case because 3pt shooting was a weakness for Duke and he was often the only guy who could shoot a 3 out on the floor.  Duke was forced to pigeon-hole him there because of their desperate need for a long distance threat.  In a more balanced environment, I think his shot distribution would have been more balanced.

Second, we don't want a high volume, low % shot from him.  He should keep shooting a high volume only as a bridge to get him to a high % long-term (ala Trae).  He needs to not just return to Duke levels but get much better than that long-term if he wants to be a volume shooter from range.

I'm good with him focusing on his defense and continuing to try to integrate into the offense.  He seems to have decision-making challenges right now so keep it simple to start and layer complexity in as he gets comfortable.  No need to force high volume on him.

Lies. Teams gameplanned to run him off the three point line. I posted literal coaches saying what they did in the other thread. I am tired of people who didn't watch us play telling me what teams did and didn't do. 

Cam was the only three point threat we had at Duke. Teams dared the others to shoot threes. They used to box in 1 Cam at the three point line and focus on the others. 

His entire career he has been a volume 3pt shooter since middle school. His shooting volume from 3 is similar to Trae. That's why you got him for. That's what he is. Why get someone and use them for something else? I am not going to get Gobert and tell him I want him to switch, guard the perimeter and shoot threes like Mitchell. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

http://www.tankathon.com/players/trae-young

https://web.archive.org/web/20190214192729/http://www.tankathon.com/players/cam-reddish

Before Cam injury during the North Carolina game, he shooting 35% on 10 per36. That's an insane total. His projected 3pt% 39% which is .1 higher than Klay Thompson. Think about that for one second. 

Once again, you guys don't know Cams game. I heard an idiot on here say this is how Cam played at Duke. No the f*** he didn't. I watched every f***ing game.

Projected stats???  per 36???

Shots taken, shots made - that's my interest today.

Nov - 43.1%, Dec - 25.0%,  Jan- 29.4%, Feb - 34.3% Mar- 32.1%

One of my most famous quotes that some people in the industry knows from me that I usually only say in person is all draft busts look the same. 

Why I say that? It's obvious. They all look the same. 

1. You look at what they do. If they aren't doing what they did in AAU, HS, and college and decided to flip it up in the pros and it has been less effective, it's a bad sign.

Example: Jimmer Fredette. The OG bust. Why was he a bust? Many will say his defense but I'll say it's his offense. Jimmer shot 8.5 threes a game at BYU. In the NBA, just 6.8 per38 at it's peak. 5-6 range is a low value. 7-8 per36 in college or pro is solid volume and 9+ is high volume. 

When you can't do what you do, you will struggle. I always said I could care less about percentages for youngins. For me, percentages start to really matter in year 3 or 4 depending on your playing time. Year 1, you can shoot like shit, idc. 

That's my biggest sign. That's why I never wrote off guys like Monk or Frank Kaminsky. They are still playing their game, it might haven't translated all that well but they aren't real bust. They just need the right situation. I did the same for Victor Oladipo. 

I got a lot more but I am still in a meeting and they called on my name

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where's the proof?

He showed the ability to shoot when he was in high school.  

The difference is that once you go up at each level, you're playing against elite level athletes and/or guards just as big, if not bigger than you.  There have been thousands of guys who were outstanding prospects in high school, that even balled out in college.  But once they get to the pros, it just didn't click for some reason.

Now it's waaaayyy too early to say either way what Cam will be.  Cam's struggles only illustrate that he will have to work HARD on his offense, if he wants to be the elite player that people think he can be.

As the great Jeff Teague once said . . . "Nothing Easy!"

Edit:  Actually, I think Jeff Teague said ( mocking Woody )

"The sh*t works!"

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Projected stats???  per 36???

Shots taken, shots made - that's my interest today.

Nov - 43.1%, Dec - 25.0%,  Jan- 29.4%, Feb - 34.3% Mar- 32.1%

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cam-reddish-1/splits/2019/

Every month he was getting 9 threes are close to it a month with high end variance. I am very proud of the results. For a true freshman and someone was the 3rd option, that's a great mark. Love it!

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He showed the ability to shoot when he was in high school.  

The difference is that once you go up at each level, you're playing against elite level athletes and/or guards just as big, if not bigger than you.  There have been thousands of guys who were outstanding prospects in high school, that even balled out in college.  But once they get to the pros, it just didn't click for some reason.

Now it's waaaayyy too early to say either way what Cam will be.  Cam's struggles only illustrate that he will have to work HARD on his offense, if he wants to be the elite player that people think he can be.

As the great Jeff Teague once said . . . "Nothing Easy!"

Edit:  Actually, I think Jeff Teague said ( mocking Woody )

"The sh*t works!"

He shot similar percentages in HS and EYBL. His Duke shooting was an improvement. He just shot the ball a lot more than 8 damn times a game.

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

As I said in my last post, the lack of legit vets are pretty much forcing guys like Cam and Bruno to learn on the fly, when they probably should spend 5 - 7 games in the G-League as offensive focal points.

LP is in a bind.  Cam is undoubtedly one of the top 3 defensive players we have on this team . . but he's also one of the 3 worst offensive players.  With Huerter not having the green light to play 30 minutes a game, that's also keeping Cam on the "big team", instead of in the G-League. 

So as you said, it will be very interesting to see what happens when Crabbe comes back.  He's not going to play any defense AT ALL, but he can fill it up from the outside.  If Crabbe is allowed to get 15 - 18 min a game, someone's time will have to be cut. 

Will it be Cam's?  Will it be Vince's?  Or will LP opt not to play Crabbe at all, in an attempt to continue to develop Cam.

If they don't send Cam down to the G-League it will probably be Vince who's time is cut.  

12 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Will y’all stop this ridiculous crap. Cam is not going to the G League. It’s not happening

Yeah probably not because it would make Schlenk look like he made a mistake with picking Cam in the Lottery.   

2 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Yeah probably not because it would make Schlenk look like he made a mistake with picking Cam in the Lottery.   

Of because his defense is clearly one of the best on the team and his talent level is the highest of all players on the squad. 

Once he starts shooting 8-10 threes a game, ya'll will see the real Cam Reddish 

If Cam shoots 0-13 from 3 tomorrow, I'll give him a gold star. If he shoots 3-3. Instant F as the grade. Ideally, 4-9 or 5-10 from 3 and I am an extremely happy camper on the offensive end from Cam.

Shooters shoot, shoot them threes. f*** a percentage

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Straight line drives for dunks and layups. A fast break when it happens, and shoot threes. I agree about the dribble in and shoot from inside the three point line. They look crafty but are a waste more times than not.

He can work on his strength and dribble penetration in the off season.

• Like 1