• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

Marco, Jay and AHF makes some great points in how we want him to play and develop. I just prefer he spends a lot more time doing what he did a good job at, at Duke. 

High end variance 3s

Movement 3s

As I said, I liked the Duke tape. I didn't think it was that bad. The stats were bad, I agree but the tape wasn't. 

His game especially v. Chicago was a special type of awful I don't think I've from a professional in awhile. 

I didn't have an issue with what he is. I felt his game was fairly translatable and it is defensively. 

I respect what LP is doing. I really do and I like it but 5.1 threes per36 is not acceptable for a 2 in this league much less a starting 2. It's not even acceptable for a 3 and if you are going to take less, you got to be a lot more than 3 and D like Hunter is. Cam hasn't proven that. Unlike you guys, I am happy with his Duke percentages, he is a high end variance shooter who shot 41% on wide open C&S at Duke. He will be fine, he is an excellent strongside shooter but he has to take them.

16 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m from the Crazy 80’s and certainly no PC policeman or moderator but this is a tight-knit online community.  No need for referring to people who don’t agree with your volume 3 pointer premise (which is pretty much everybody) as “idiots” Supes.  We know you get passionate about your stances.  Just watch some tape of Al and cool out.

I am clearly not referring to our fans as idiots. Cam haters are the target of my ire. Most of which if not all don't post on this site from my experience. Even the harshest of critics aren't Cam haters yet. I just don't agree with the ideal that this 5.1 per36 is acceptable when at not level has he shot so few threes in his career thus far since what? Middle school? 

It seems like Hawks fans on here are okay with it and want him to improve the other aspects of his game. I think he is simply too far from that level of needed development and I want him to stick to what got him here in the 1st place. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Marco, Jay and AHF makes some great points in how we want him to play and develop. I just prefer he spends a lot more time doing what he did a good job at, at Duke. 

High end variance 3s

Movement 3s

As I said, I liked the Duke tape. I didn't think it was that bad. The stats were bad, I agree but the tape wasn't. 

His game especially v. Chicago was a special type of awful I don't think I've from a professional in awhile. 

I didn't have an issue with what he is. I felt his game was fairly translatable and it is defensively. 

I respect what LP is doing. I really do and I like it but 5.1 threes per36 is not acceptable for a 2 in this league much less a starting 2. It's not even acceptable for a 3 and if you are going to take less, you got to be a lot more than 3 and D like Hunter is. Cam hasn't proven that. Unlike you guys, I am happy with his Duke percentages, he is a high end variance shooter who shot 41% on wide open C&S at Duke. He will be fine, he is an excellent strongside shooter but he has to take them.

1. It doesn't matter if he's high variance if the numbers suck and 2. Here's the rub - I don't think he would be starting if Huerter was healthy.  

He's been thrust into a situation and force fed into situations I don't think he was quite ready to handle, after all, he's a rookie. And yes Trae was too, but Trae had a totally different mindset. But I'm actually ok with throwing him in based on if nothing else his defense and our current team dynamic with injuries and our goal of developing these young players.

I just don't see how it helps him launching a chuckfest from 3. He has to play in our system and what the defense gives him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

High end variance 3s

Movement 3s

I believe instead of all this”more explaining” you can simply say.. I made a mistake. And move on.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. It doesn't matter if he's high variance if the numbers suck and 2. Here's the rub - I don't think he would be starting if Huerter was healthy.  

He's been thrust into a situation and force fed into situations I don't think he was quite ready to handle, after all, he's a rookie. And yes Trae was too, but Trae had a totally different mindset. But I'm actually ok with throwing him in based on if nothing else his defense and our current team dynamic with injuries and our goal of developing these young players.

I just don't see how it helps him launching a chuckfest from 3. He has to play in our system and what the defense gives him.

I don't think 33-35% from 3 shooting 9 to 11 threes a bad shooting especially with high end variance. I actually think its solid. I would have an issue if he was just Kevin doing that but not with guys like Cam, Poole, Ja, Herro and guys like that who 3pt shot catelog is extremely versatile. You can say it is bad all day but I simply disagree from how I see the game. I am not saying you are wrong from your logic, I am saying from how I see the game and the many games and notes I've read over the years and studies, I strongly feel this way. I respect and I think the world of you and your opinions. 

You are a superstar in my eyes, I just don't agree here. This is a minority grouping that I am proud to be in. The players in this grouping have proven me right more than wrong.

Luka, Trae, Herro, Poole, Ja, and others with this shot catalog. I just need Cam to be next especially since I am riding on him more than just about anyone other than Trae last year.

I am okay with Cam taking bad shots. VC does it and is shooting 16% but is our best +/- player my a country mile. Volume matters in the NBA. 5.1 per36 a game is a joke. Parker is getting up 5.7 per36 and that's not much volume at all. Cam is barely relevant shooting the ball from 3 with these rates. It's like having Len out there. You gotta to let them fly.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😊 it’s ok Supes, freaky boo 👻 luv u too...I know how u do. 😉 

I love all of ya'll and think you are a superstar with Mace and many on this site. But I really don't agree with most of the opinions in opposition of me in this thread and I really know many who are in opposition don't agree with me on this subject. 

For you, Cam shooting 0-13 from three next game would be a killer but for me, I'll say, keep letting em fly young man!

I want him to chuck threes!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I love all of ya'll and think you are a superstar with Mace and many on this site. But I really don't agree with most of the opinions in opposition of me in this thread and I really know many who are in opposition don't agree with me on this subject. 

For you, Cam shooting 0-13 from three next game would be a killer but for me, I'll say, keep letting em fly young man!

I want him to chuck threes!

Can we just please for the love of anything get a win tonight. My entire prediction has gone to crap 💩. My 46 wins, Collins as my leading scorer....my Warrior fan friend was too nice to tell me Damian sucked so he nicely lied 🤥 to me.

Now I got East bay King 👑 fan buddies talkin smack that Fox 🦊 is way better than Trae and it’s not close... ugh 😩 I can’t fight off this many.. @kg01 somebody help.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I love all of ya'll and think you are a superstar with Mace and many on this site.

Thank you sir. The same to you. So I’m definitely paired up with @MaceCase...like those are the duos? It’s set? Confirmed? 😏 Good, good. Yes, yes, we have a bright future!

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I respect what LP is doing. I really do and I like it but 5.1 threes per36 is not acceptable for a 2 in this league much less a starting 2. 

His current 3PA/36 is in the range of what guys like Zach LaVine, Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown, Jrue Holiday, and Gary Harris shot last season.  I expect he will end up at a higher per36 and that it is where it is partly based on small sample size.  Removing the 76ers game bumps him to 5.7 per 36, for example.  Shooting 6 times in 20 minutes in his next game would also bump him to 5.7 per 36, etc.  

Also, his 3pt% is having a significant impact on this.  Part of the reason Cam shot a substantially higher% when he had a ton of attempts in games at Duke is not just because he abstractly functions better with a higher volume.  It is the same trend you see in a lot of players because guys tend to get more shots when they are hitting them and tend to get fewer shots when they are struggling.  So you see lots of players who shoot very high % in their highest volume games because their teammates and coaches got them more looks when they were hot that day.  Cam is shooting 20% right now from range.  To get him to 33%, in his next two games he would need to end up shooting 6 for 11 in that time.  If he does that at 25 mpg, his per36 will be up to 5.7 and rising.  His volume per 36 will have increased in those games (7.9 per 36), year to date (5.7 per 36) and likely going forward as well which will continue to raise his year to date per 36.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

His current 3PA/36 is in the range of what guys like Zach LaVine, Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown, Jrue Holiday, and Gary Harris shot last season.  I expect he will end up at a higher per36 and that it is where it is partly based on small sample size.  Removing the 76ers game bumps him to 5.7 per 36, for example.  Shooting 6 times in 20 minutes in his next game would also bump him to 5.7 per 36, etc.  

Also, his 3pt% is having a significant impact on this.  Part of the reason Cam shot a substantially higher% when he had a ton of attempts in games at Duke is not just because he abstractly functions better with a higher volume.  It is the same trend you see in a lot of players because guys tend to get more shots when they are hitting them and tend to get fewer shots when they are struggling.  So you see lots of players who shoot very high % in their highest volume games because their teammates and coaches got them more looks when they were hot that day.  Cam is shooting 20% right now from range.  To get him to 33%, in his next two games he would need to end up shooting 6 for 11 in that time.  If he does that at 25 mpg, his per36 will be up to 5.7 and rising.  His volume per 36 will have increased in those games (7.9 per 36), year to date (5.7 per 36) and likely going forward as well which will continue to raise his year to date per 36.

Most of the guys you named either had a bad year last year, are 1/3 or are slashers. KD played 3-5 and is probably the greatest mid range shooter of all time. Jrue has an extremely versatile catalog. He only shoots open threes more than not. Same for KD. Their scoring catalog is insane. They are 2s outside of Harris and LaVine who is a slasher and loves mid range shots.

Vince is shooting 8.5 per36 a game shooting 17%. A bigger part of this is his mental state. Just shoot and shoot with confidence. Jabari is the most confident 3pt shooter in the world and he can't even shoot 3s that good but his confidence is like, I got this!

Cam has to be ready. He can't shoot them just to shoot them but he needs to shoot them to be an impact. He been shooting 3s of late with confidence. Now he needs to go back to shooting with volume. Even you know you can't find no one with Cams shooting profile who iust aren't letting them fly. If that's who you are, that's who you are.

Cam never seem to be one to care about percentages. He shot 8.5 in EYBL for per24 at 29%. Not sure why he is questioning himself and who told him he's prime T-Mac. Stop slashing like he is LaVine or something. You are a shooter!

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Can we just please for the love of anything get a win tonight. My entire prediction has gone to crap 💩. My 46 wins, Collins as my leading scorer....my Warrior fan friend was too nice to tell me Damian sucked so he nicely lied 🤥 to me.

Now I got East bay King 👑 fan buddies talkin smack that Fox 🦊 is way better than Trae and it’s not close... ugh 😩 I can’t fight off this many.. @kg01 somebody help.

Bro, I can't even follow what's going on in this thread.  If I jumped in the fight, I'd just be swangin' on everybody just because.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

In Supes defense LP said the same thing: @2;34

Everything LP said is 100% correct. Drive if someone is over perusing like Herro who got dunked on but let it loose otherwise. We let Parker shoot 5.7 threes per36 a game and let Carter shooting 17% shoot 8.5 per36. Just let it fly. You are no use to us trying to be young VC

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Everything LP said is 100% correct. Drive if someone is over perusing like Herro who got dunked on but let it loose otherwise. We let Parker shoot 5.7 threes per36 a game and let Carter shooting 17% shoot 8.5 per36. Just let it fly. You are no use to us trying to be young VC

I will agree with “do what you do otherwise you are a detriment to the team” WITHIN THE FRAME OF THE GAME. I guess I’m sayin I want Cam to shoot too if it’s in rhythm and flow, if he passes up on those then he’s hurting both himself and us, otherwise you know my philosophy..

SWANNNNNNG THAT BALL AROUND BABY 👶! 💃 

The ball 🏀 will find the right shot if you share it. 😊 

@HawkItus, thanks for the standup post. Do you realize for the average NBA player that 3s can be worth 3 times what twos are worth? 3x. 

For Cam Reddish who is shooting in the twenties for both, his 3s are worth 8x times the value and his value per possession, in the range of 3 is worth 12x the value. It makes absolutely no sense to have him really doing anything but jacking threes.