• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Depends on the player and their status. The Knicks were never going to sent THJ to the G league but we traded for him so we didn't view him like that so we sent him. 

Generally speaking, you send a top 10 pick to the g league, it's admitting failure especially in year 1 unless you are an established team like Toronto or Boston. But when top 10 picks go to the G-League, it's admitting to instant failure. 

As bad as we were defensively last year, they want to send one of our best defenders to the G-league already?  I wasnt as high on Cam as some either, but thats just crazy..

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

That is the point of the GLeague ... its to work on your game and hone your skills.  If he can't hack it there then he is not NBA material.  The reason we have a GLeague team is to develop our players ... its not an insult to be sent down there to learn how to play.  

I see it more for guys who won't get time with their NBA teams. If we had a full healthy team (Crabbe, Turner, Parsons) and an unsuspended JC and there were no minutes for Cam, I could understand sending him down. As it stands, he's slotted in for some minutes if nothing else for his defense.

Maybe if he hadn't been forced into early starter minutes, he could have transitioned better, but it's been 8 games. Maybe going to the bench where expectations are lower will help.

Cam reminds me of a new born Pony....unsteady and unsure, gotta get used to his legs and body. 

• Like 2

Yal are making too much out of the g league and the optics of it all. 

Its not that deep or serious. The kid is struggling on offense. If he is who we want him to be, going to the g league should do nothing but help him find a better rhythm and showcase himself. 

He is a great defender, sure, but it isn’t translating into wins like it appeared it would after our first 3 games.

If we can’t hack it on D without Cam, then we deserve just as much criticism as him if he can’t hack it down in the G League. If his defense is legit then he should be able to light up those g leaguers off of turnovers and fast break opportunities 

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Admin
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Depends on the player and their status. The Knicks were never going to sent THJ to the G league but we traded for him so we didn't view him like that so we sent him. 

Generally speaking, you send a top 10 pick to the g league, it's admitting failure especially in year 1 unless you are an established team like Toronto or Boston. But when top 10 picks go to the G-League, it's admitting to instant failure. 

I completely disagree ... this is the point of the gleague ... Cam is seriously struggling on offense ... going and playing on the league and working on his game will do nothing but help him.  It’s not a bad thing being sent down whether u are the first pick or 60 pick.  It’s to help him improve.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrell said:

No pressure for the 10th pick playing in the Gleague? Really? YOu struggle there, and it might be game over..Talk about pressing...And those players would come at him hard, knowing he was just drafted 10th overall..No way IM sending him down there...Hawks have all summer to work with Cam. He should be healthy, as opposed to last summer when he couldnt do anything....THis season has basically been his SL..

If people truly don't believe that he can find some cohesion to his offensive in the G-League, he's definitely not NBA material.  In a perfect world, he and Bruno would be making a trip to the G-League about 1 week a month.

Bembry went to the G-League for a few games.  So did Taurean Prince.  So what makes Cam so special?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I completely disagree ... this is the point of the gleague ... Cam is seriously struggling on offense ... going and playing on the league and working on his game will do nothing but help him.  It’s not a bad thing being sent down whether u are the first pick or 60 pick.  It’s to help him improve.  

Since 2010, only three top 10 picks have ever played in the G-League as rookies.

Vonleh - Hornets

Poeltl- Raptors 

And

Issac - Magic

They played a total of 6 games combined, all playing just two games a piece. Top 10 picks almost NEVER play in the G-League. 

One was the Raptors who even though they strongly believe in the G-League barely had him there. 

One was Clifford who didn't believe in playing rookies like that and even then, Vonleh was useless on both ends. 

The other was Issac who they didn't think was physically ready and even then, just two games in the G-League. 

Teams don't send top 10 picks to the G-League 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Since 2010, only three top 10 picks have ever played in the G-League as rookies.

Vonleh - Hornets

Poeltl- Raptors 

And

Issac - Magic

They played a total of 6 games combined, all playing just two games a piece. Top 10 picks almost NEVER play in the G-League. 

One was the Raptors who even though they strongly believe in the G-League barely had him there. 

One was Clifford who didn't believe in playing rookies like that and even then, Vonleh was useless on both ends. 

The other was Issac who they didn't think was physically ready and even then, just two games in the G-League. 

Teams don't send top 10 picks to the G-League 

You are acting like it’s a punishment... I want him to improve his game while you are just proposing he chuck up more 3s.  Gleague isn’t a death sentence... it’s the opposite... go get some help where the coaching can focus on you for a couple of weeks.  Come back with more confidence and experience... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You are acting like it’s a punishment... I want him to improve his game while you are just proposing he chuck up more 3s.  Gleague isn’t a death sentence... it’s the opposite... go get some help where the coaching can focus on you for a couple of weeks.  Come back with more confidence and experience... 

It is seen as a punishment for high level NBA prospects. Use common sense, top tier prospects don't want to be in the minor leagues and it's more demoralizing than not playing at all. Cap, this is not 2k. These players have you know, feelings. 

Edited by NBASupes

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It is seen as a punishment for high level NBA prospects. Use common sense, top tier prospects don't want to be in the minor leagues and it's more demoralizing than not playing at all. Cap, this is not 2k. These players have you know, feelings. 

Shooting in the 20's and turning the ball over at a high rate is demoralizing as well. At some point that outweighs the embarrassment from going to the G-League. Hopefully he can turn it around before then, but it's not too far off. 

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Shooting in the 20's and turning the ball over at a high rate is demoralizing as well. At some point that outweighs the embarrassment from going to the G-League. Hopefully he can turn it around before then, but it's not too far off. 

They are a lot of NBA players struggling this season and quite a few putting up worse numbers than Cam. I don't see them in the G-League 

• Moderators

I can see if both ways.  I don't want him in teh G league either but i guess it depends on how he'll react.  Just because he was a top 10 pick though isn't a great reason not to send him down there.   So if he was the 11th pick we'd be fine with it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can see if both ways.  I don't want him in teh G league either but i guess it depends on how he'll react.  Just because he was a top 10 pick though isn't a great reason not to send him down there.   So if he was the 11th pick we'd be fine with it?

Duh, obviously yes.

Since most of y'all rejected my plan of kidnapping Siakim and performing an attitude-ectomy/attitude-infusion from him to Reddish, we gotta find another way to make him into that type of player.

I still like my plan better though.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If people truly don't believe that he can find some cohesion to his offensive in the G-League, he's definitely not NBA material.  In a perfect world, he and Bruno would be making a trip to the G-League about 1 week a month.

Bembry went to the G-League for a few games.  So did Taurean Prince.  So what makes Cam so special?

Bembry and Prince went to the GLeague because we were a playoff team and they were buried on the bench. When they did go, those 5/6 games were spread out over the course of months, go for 1 game, come back, two weeks later go for another, come back, etc - they weren't 5/6 consecutive games. 

We have 15 rostered players, 4 are out for varying reasons, 1 is an emergency player in Crabbe, that leaves 10 players available, 4 of which are bigs in Len, Jones, Bruno and Parker, that leaves 6 players to play at PG and Wings - Trae, Wallace, Huerter, Cam. Hunter and Bembry.

What's the point when there is available playing time for him, RIGHT NOW!

And I don't think he's too special for the Gleague, just that our team circumstances does not warrant it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I honestly think Cam is going to become a solid rotation player in the next couple of months.   On both sides of the floor.  He just needs time, coaching, practice and a little experience to get comfortable.   Not that many guys go one and done and set the world on fire immediately.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bembry and Prince went to the GLeague because we were a playoff team and they were buried on the bench. When they did go, those 5/6 games were spread out over the course of months, go for 1 game, come back, two weeks later go for another, come back, etc - they weren't 5/6 consecutive games. 

We have 15 rostered players, 4 are out for varying reasons, 1 is an emergency player in Crabbe, that leaves 10 players available, 4 of which are bigs in Len, Jones, Bruno and Parker, that leaves 6 players to play at PG and Wings - Trae, Wallace, Huerter, Cam. Hunter and Bembry.

What's the point when there is available playing time for him, RIGHT NOW!

And I don't think he's too special for the Gleague, just that our team circumstances does not warrant it.

Which is usually why top 10 rookies don't go to the GLeague. Their teams normally suck and they are usually the best talents on the squad regardless of their readiness 

I clearly think he is too special to go to the G-League but I agree that his offensive performance is making him an worthy candidate to spend some days in College Park 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly think Cam is going to become a solid rotation player in the next couple of months.   On both sides of the floor.  He just needs time, coaching, practice and a little experience to get comfortable.   Not that many guys go one and done and set the world on fire immediately.  

Honestly, during last November, closer to the end of course, I wanted to send Trae ass down but I knew this was a garbage season so it was whatever.

His defense is excellent. He had some struggles v. Portland on that end at first but my guess is he was dealing with the fact that he got benched. In the 2nd half, his defense was much better.

For me, Bruno is still the rookie I know should be there but I know our center depth is beyond trash and why not?

Edited by NBASupes