• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More than anyone on this squad, Cam Reddish is really starting to piss me off

NBASupes

• Moderators

I agree with Supes concerns about how Reddish would react to a G-League assignment.  I wouldn't even think about it until we had Crabbe, Parsons, etc. back such that we no longer had a natural path to meaningful minutes for him.

On Bruno, why do you want to see him there?

16.8 PER (top center) on .618% TS%, 14.7 pp36 (top center), 9.1 rp36 (basically tied with Len), 3.1 ap36 (top big man)

While the competition is junk, the numbers are just fine regardless.  Seems like he is earning his minutes and if anything might need more minutes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I agree with Supes concerns about how Reddish would react to a G-League assignment.  I wouldn't even think about it until we had Crabbe, Parsons, etc. back such that we no longer had a natural path to meaningful minutes for him.

On Bruno, why do you want to see him there?

16.8 PER (top center) on .618% TS%, 14.7 pp36 (top center), 9.1 rp36 (basically tied with Len), 3.1 ap36 (top big man)

While the competition is junk, the numbers are just fine regardless.  Seems like he is earning his minutes and if anything might need more minutes.

He is extremely raw mentally which bothers me the most as I watch everyone at all times. His talent level and potential to me means that he has a high ceiling that he will likely reach. 

In three years, I wouldn't be surprised if he was our best pick in this draft. 

Cam like Trae has to make both in game changes which is vital 1st and Cam has to have the work ethic that Trae has to become elite. Bruno just needs time, experience and physical growth that comes with experience and age. He is the most likely to reach his ceiling over everyone on our squad.

That said, mentally, he is raw as hell and I honestly don't find joy in watching him play on either end of the court. Stats are meaningless to me with rookies. I've said that for years and will continue too. I only use them when I feel it's an accurate representation of the eye test. I feel like Bruno's isn't. I felt the same way last year about Mitchell Robinson. Alex Len this year is proof stats is meaningless compared to what his stats were last year

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bembry and Prince went to the GLeague because we were a playoff team and they were buried on the bench. When they did go, those 5/6 games were spread out over the course of months, go for 1 game, come back, two weeks later go for another, come back, etc - they weren't 5/6 consecutive games. 

We have 15 rostered players, 4 are out for varying reasons, 1 is an emergency player in Crabbe, that leaves 10 players available, 4 of which are bigs in Len, Jones, Bruno and Parker, that leaves 6 players to play at PG and Wings - Trae, Wallace, Huerter, Cam. Hunter and Bembry.

What's the point when there is available playing time for him, RIGHT NOW!

And I don't think he's too special for the Gleague, just that our team circumstances does not warrant it.

Easy solution.  Call up either Charlie Brown or Goodwin for a week, and send Cam to College Park for a few games.  Playing against lower level competition, plus having the green light offensively, may get Cam back into the groove when he comes back to the big team.

But if some people are already worried about Cam's psyche if he's sent to the G-League for a few games, that's a HUGE red flag to me.  That would mean that they even think that the kid is just not mentally ready for the NBA yet.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Easy solution.  Call up either Charlie Brown or Goodwin for a week, and send Cam to College Park for a few games.  Playing against lower level competition, plus having the green light offensively, may get Cam back into the groove when he comes back to the big team.

But if some people are already worried about Cam's psyche if he's sent to the G-League for a few games, that's a HUGE red flag to me.  That would mean that they even think that the kid is just not mentally ready for the NBA yet.

You don't risk failure to find red flags. You simply develop and if he is productive which he is, you play him. Until he becomes ass on both ends, you continue to play him till he can prove he is good enough to starter again. It's that simple. Like at C, our wing depth is bad at best. Cam is listed as the 10th worst player getting major minutes, you know which Hawk is worse? Kevin Huerter. Hunter is not that far behind.

Our wings is as bad as our bigs. Maybe worse at this present stage.

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You don't risk failure to find red flags. You simply develop and if he is productive which he is, you play him. Until he becomes ass on both ends, you continue to play him till he can prove he is good enough to starter again. It's that simple. Like at C, our wing depth is bad at best. Cam is listed at the 10th worst player getting minutes, you know which Hawk is worse? Kevin Huerter. 

Our wings is as bad as our bigs. Maybe worse at this present stage.

I don’t believe in stats I just believe in me ( 👁).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe in stats I just believe in me ( 👁).

Same and the eye test hasn't been kind to any of our wings other than Hunter for me. Stats are too up and down for young players. Usually by their 2nd contract, you see more consistency 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm really not worried about Cam's psche and red flags.

Ya to tell you the truth, with Marvin, I was worried at this point in his rookie year but Cam makes me feel comfortable for what the future will bring, he just needs to grind. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

For me, Cam has been good enough on defense and we are weak enough on our swingman depth that I would just keep him learning with the big boys.  Simplify his role with Kev back.  Flex his minutes based on his play and have an assistant coach who can grab him and walk through teaching points when he comes off.  But I see no reason to send him to the G-League right now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Pierce talks Cam....4:33 mark.

4 hours ago, HawkItus said:
Most players are shooting or finished; Cam Reddish is studying video with Lloyd Pierce.

2:17 PM · Nov 12, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

This is more valuable than beating up on the sisters of the poor in the GLeague.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2019 at 8:59 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Pierce talks Cam....4:33 mark.

This is more valuable than beating up on the sisters of the poor in the GLeague.

Agreed, a thousand words there. All for the good.

• Like 1