• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I watched the game. Luka is a stat padder. Russell Westbrook Jr

Cant shoot the 3 with efficiency to save his life. But eveyr highlight, hes draining one. lol. Great player though.

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Even Trae showed some things from the early going. Scam Reddish doesn’t even   resemble an NBA level player out thrre.

Scam? 

Doesn't resemble a NBA player when his defense is top notch which does resemble a NBA player 

You need any more rope Hots?

Just now, terrell said:

Cant shoot the 3 with efficiency to save his life. But eveyr highlight, hes draining one. lol. Great player though.

I don't mind his shooting for the type of threes he shoots, he just plays selfish a lot. He has Trae in summer league turnovers but in the regular season 

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka dropped 38, 14 and 10. He is a machine. If we had drafted him and made a trade with Orlando at #6 to get Trae we could of had a dynasty lol.

Orlando was ready to select Trae...THere would be no trade..lol

Edited by terrell

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I watched the game. Luka is a stat padder. Russell Westbrook Jr

Been trying to figure out what to make of Luka. The consensus is he's an elite player and he puts up triple doubles like he shooting layups. But when I watch him it seems empty. Does he make his teammates better? How impactful is he? I dunno. I think he's legit but just not sure he's a guy that makes a team better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Is there anything Luka could do to win you over? He's putting up numbers that are almost unheard of for a player his age. You just seem like a biased hater. Like the people who used to say "LeBron sucks." Come on don't be that guy.

Edited by bleachkit

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Been trying to figure out what to make of Luka. The consensus is he's an elite player and he puts up triple doubles like he shooting layups. But when I watch him it seems empty. Does he make his teammates better? How impactful is he? I dunno. I think he's legit but just not sure he's a guy that makes a team better.

What are you talking about? You want to see Dallas without Luka? KP and a bunch of role players. That team would be lucky to win 28 games.

Just as I said before. The squawk always dismisses good players as either stat padders or they aren't "winners".  It's just haterade.

Edited by bleachkit

I think he is something nice. Versatile offensive player. Extremely skilled. But he doesn't make people better. 

That goes into my biggest issue with Trae right now. I need Trae to start making people better. Stop fishing for assist. The offense needs to create for others. Right now, the offense is garbage. It's not doing justice for Alex, Cam or DeAndre at all. It's basically iso ball and set screens for Trae. We gotta get back to the offense we had last year where we had a premium of spacing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

What are you talking about? You want to see Dallas without Luka? KP and a bunch of role players. That team would be lucky to win 28 games.

I'm talking about the fact that he puts up a ton of numbers but no one else on the team really does other than KP. Elite players make those around them better. I agree Luka puts up a ton of numbers but I'm not sure it translates into making the team better. That's all. I like Luka quite a bit. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Is there anything Luka could do to win you over? He's putting up numbers that are almost unheard of for a player his age. You just seem like a biased hater. Like the people who used to say "LeBron sucks." Come on don't be that guy.

I like Luka. lol. I just dont see him as LBJ , Bird, or Magic, like some do.  Not much better than Trae if at all. Give Trae that roster, and that team would be just as good imo..We need better vets..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm talking about the fact that he puts up a ton of numbers but no one else on the team really does other than KP. Elite players make those around them better. I agree Luka puts up a ton of numbers but I'm not sure it translates into making the team better. That's all. I like Luka quite a bit. 

You can say the same thing about Trae. Is it Trae's fault when Cam, Kevin, Hunter, Bemby and Len go 3 of 25 for three? Luka's not a miracle worker, nor is Trae. The only player in the modern era that can drag scrubs to greatness is LeBron. And even LeBron couldn't do it all the time.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Scam? 

Doesn't resemble a NBA player when his defense is top notch which does resemble a NBA player 

You need any more rope Hots?

You told us that that he was this great talent that simply was in the wrong system. Truth is, he doesn’t look like much at all. Surely not living up to the praise that he has been given.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You can say the same thing about Trae. Is it Trae's fault when Cam, Kevin, Hunter, Bemby and Len go 3 of 25 for three? Luka's not a miracle worker, nor is Trae. The only player in the modern era that can drag scrubs to greatness is LeBron. And even LeBron couldn't do it all the time.

Theyre both great young players..But the Hawks arent much better if at all if you swap em out..THats all Im saying..Hes putting up big numbers, but hes lot less efficient than Trae so far this season. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

You told us that that he was this great talent that simply was in the wrong system. Truth is, he doesn’t look like much at all. Surely not living up to the praise that he has been given.

I did say he was a great talent. I do think he is a great talent. I don't recall saying Duke was the wrong system ever. 

I give you the last sentence. I need more context for the 3rd one. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Of course. I actually think Luka and Trae are similar in that regard. Last year Trae did better at making his supporting cast better than Luka did but so far this year they are about the same in that regard. If you take KP away you'd get the same thing Trae is dealing with now. Both players put up great numbers but neither is really making the team great at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, BudBall said:

We just don't have the horses to win right now. We are starting two rookies and Alex freaking Len right now... We are garbage unfortunately. 

Alex Len is just sad..lol

I don't know how any of you are saying Trae doesn't make his teammates better.  Did you not watch the garbage that was the two Miami games?

Trae literally throws his teammates open like a quarter back and sets them up so well. 

The only big difference betwen Trae and Luka is their ability to manipulate defenses.  I don't think Luka is as good at that because he doesn't have to be. He's much taller so he doesn't have to manipulate defenses as much to get his assists.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

Of course. I actually think Luka and Trae are similar in that regard. Last year Trae did better at making his supporting cast better than Luka did but so far this year they are about the same in that regard. If you take KP away you'd get the same thing Trae is dealing with now. Both players put up great numbers but neither is really making the team great at the moment. 

Besides LeBron, who can make single handedly make a team great? Even AD couldn't drag the Pelicans. Who are the players capable of this heroic feat that you speak of?