Sign in to follow this  
hawkman

James Wiseman

Just read that James Wiseman has been ruled ineligible by the NCAA. They claim Penny Hardaway helped his family relocate to Memphis when he was in high school and is therefore considered a "booster". He is the center prospect I was eyeing for the Hawks. He's raw but has great hands and athleticism. I thought he would be out of reach, but maybe this puts him in play for the Hawks now? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

Just read that James Wiseman has been ruled ineligible by the NCAA. They claim Penny Hardaway helped his family relocate to Memphis when he was in high school and is therefore considered a "booster". He is the center prospect I was eyeing for the Hawks. He's raw but has great hands and athleticism. I thought he would be out of reach, but maybe this puts him in play for the Hawks now? 

He'll still probably go top five, but who knows.  I've been on the James Wiseman/ Tre Mann train for the longest. Also, would love Ant Man too out of Georgia, that kid's going to be a scorer.

• Like 2

Penny Hardaway showing he is above NCAA rules and whatever else. Wiseman plays after the NCAA said he is ineligible. The Memphis Mantra is alive and well. Don't have to like the rules but you need to abide by them or be remembered as a Tarkanian. Don't really want to take it too political but you know....this stuff seems so very familiar in D.C. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Penny Hardaway showing he is above NCAA rules and whatever else. Wiseman plays after the NCAA said he is ineligible. The Memphis Mantra is alive and well. Don't have to like the rules but you need to abide by them or be remembered as a Tarkanian. Don't really want to take it too political but you know....this stuff seems so very familiar in D.C. 

Case is still under review, appeal in progress.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Case is still under review, appeal in progress.

Penny's cash either way.