REHawksFan

The pressure Trae is under right now is absurd...

Recommended Posts

Lol, we would won by 10 hitting free throws and Murray not getting that cheap last second shot with no defense 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, we would won by 10 hitting free throws and Murray not getting that cheap last second shot with no defense 

That's kinda the point though. The Hawks have to rely on Trae because they are deficient in so many other areas. Hitting their FTs would certainly help. But the Hawks are 29th in the league at 69% on FTs missing about 7 per game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, we would won by 10 hitting free throws and Murray not getting that cheap last second shot with no defense 

We are the worst FT shooting team in the NBA (agreeing that NY is the worst at everything😂 and therefore don't count in this conversation)...our record if we continue to play as we are playing would be bolstered 5-6 wins easily over the season by simply hitting 75+% of our FT. 

Trae continues to perform and every now and then get noticed...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trae has always had MVP potential even going back to Oklahoma. It was clear that he was an explosive scorer and elite playmaker on a bad, untalented team.

He literally is doing now most of the same things he was doing at Oklahoma this time with better teammates.

The real pressure is being applied to the Front Office. They’re going to HAVE to shift gears. There’s no way a guy plays this hard and will be ok with not making the playoffs. Especially when you’re starting Damian Jones at C. If they don’t start trying to put a winning roster together, he’s not going to stay in Atlanta.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hawks are 4-6.

  • Heurter, Trae and Collins have all missed several games or been limited
  • Wins over spurs and nuggets
  • The only game where we were really close to full strength we were close to beating philly
  • 3 2019 draft picks are all in the rotation and two have started multiple games. 

Things are looking good.  This team at full strength and some experience is going to be really good.

Typical low floor, high ceiling team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Trae has always had MVP potential even going back to Oklahoma. It was clear that he was an explosive scorer and elite playmaker on a bad, untalented team.

He literally is doing now most of the same things he was doing at Oklahoma this time with better teammates.

The real pressure is being applied to the Front Office. They’re going to HAVE to shift gears. There’s no way a guy plays this hard and will be ok with not making the playoffs. Especially when you’re starting Damian Jones at C. If they don’t start trying to put a winning roster together, he’s not going to stay in Atlanta.

No.  Hawks have a plan.  It's working.  They can't afford to crash the plan and go for broke.  We have watched as, time after time, teams have done this.  It's an old adage, but true:  "Plan your work.  Work your plan."  Growing your own is part of the master plan.  

When we reach the 2020 portion of the season, we are going to be very good IF we can only be healthy!!

:smug:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re missing my point I think. Do you think Trae Young is playing his ass off just to be sitting at home at the end of the year because the front office has a “plan” ? They’re going to have to shift gears. 
 

Sure, we as fans are patient and can wait for another swing in the lottery, but do you think our new superstar will be as patient ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

You’re missing my point I think. Do you think Trae Young is playing his ass off just to be sitting at home at the end of the year because the front office has a “plan” ? They’re going to have to shift gears. 
 

Sure, we as fans are patient and can wait for another swing in the lottery, but do you think our new superstar will be as patient ?

If it's heading in the right direction definitely.   These players aren't dumb.  They know what the plan is and what the payoff is.   And they know that the grass isn't always greener. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

You’re missing my point I think. Do you think Trae Young is playing his ass off just to be sitting at home at the end of the year because the front office has a “plan” ? They’re going to have to shift gears. 
 

Sure, we as fans are patient and can wait for another swing in the lottery, but do you think our new superstar will be as patient ?

I think you're missing the Plan EZR.  If you think Travis wouldn't move assets for a Championship difference maker right now you're wrong.  But, that opportunity isn't available yet.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.