• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The pressure Trae is under right now is absurd...

REHawksFan

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think he gets it!

It’s that tweet that makes me nervous. It’s not like the kid is going to just come out and say “Hey I’m going to looking for a way out if we don’t start winning..” 

Most players who end up wanting out of wherever they are out usually don’t say it openly until they are demanding a trade.

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

I think you're missing the Plan EZR.  If you think Travis wouldn't move assets for a Championship difference maker right now you're wrong.  But, that opportunity isn't available yet.

It’s not a lot of difference makers out there, but there are a good handful of players who would make the team better. Fielding Damian Jones in your starting unit is sending a very strong message.

59 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think you'd be correct IF we were 3 or 4 years into Trae's career and the Hawks were still looking up at the playoffs. But in year 2 of his career, I have to think Trae understands the situation pretty well. He knows we have 3 rooks, a suspended JC, and a HeURTter.  If Schlenk doesn't shake things up this year just to make a run at the playoffs, I highly doubt Trae gets upset about it. Again, THIS year. The expectation from all involved is playoffs going forward.  

Fair enough. Maybe he doesn’t become disgruntled this year, but if he has to play like this night in and night out just to have a chance at a win it’s going to wear down on the kid..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

It’s that tweet that makes me nervous. It’s not like the kid is going to just come out and say “Hey I’m going to looking for a way out if we don’t start winning..” 

Most players who end up wanting out of wherever they are out usually don’t say it openly until they are demanding a trade.

I'm not spending the season nervous about this stuff - the season is what it is.  I'm going to enjoy watching Trae play for as long as he's here.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

It’s not a lot of difference makers out there, but there are a good handful of players who would make the team better. Fielding Damian Jones in your starting unit is sending a very strong message.

And everyone understood that going into the season.

Schlenck has said he is not against making a move later in the season if our play and record warrants it.  He first wants to develop the core of this team - that's the plan for the season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 11/13/2019 at 7:44 AM, kg01 said:

And this ...

People are gutless, man.  Young is a kid.  Shouldn't have to deal with this kind of stuff.

Young's been dealing with stuff like this or worse for a while. It's ridiculous it happens but it comes with the territory of being a star. Everyone always looking to tear you down. 

• Like 2

Trae will ball no matter what and yeah if key guys are out he may start looking a tad like Marbury but am sure for very, very different reasons. He is our ticket to serious playoff contention and everyone else will have to fit no matter years of experience. Not even gonna bring up the injuries and that other thing because it is what it is. A lot of weight for him yes but he is HOF material.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Fair enough. Maybe he doesn’t become disgruntled this year, but if he has to play like this night in and night out just to have a chance at a win it’s going to wear down on the kid..

I agree with you here.  It will be unacceptable to have a roster like this coming into next year.  Even if we are only signing guys to one year deals because we want to preserve flexiblity, we need to be signing the center equivalent of JJ Redick then so we have a quality guy and aren't relying on players other teams didn't want on their roster to fill important roles in the rotation let alone the starting lineup.  I am betting this is the last year we have a team built for the lottery (although talented enough to make a run at the playoffs if our young guys come along ahead of schedule).

• Like 4

Just for old time sakes. Trae was included in the jacking up with no purpose theme in this post last season. Not mine by the way. Sound remotely familiar though? Personally felt Trae was above the fray then and so much more so now. What he does overtly offensively just has to be done or we lose games right now am pretty sure and do believe the youngsters are on the same page whether Prime Time ready or not. Only get three guesses as to who posted that stuff below.

"I'll repeat this.  This team is currently on a 10 game losing streak, and I'm not sure that the end of this is in sight.  String together a few more losses in a row with certain players having the green light to just jack things up, and let's see how much these players truly like each other."  

4 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

This is our schedule for the next 10 games:

@ Phoenix

@ LA Clippers

@ LA Lakers

vs Milwaukee

@ Detroit

vs Toronto

vs Minnesota

@ Milwaukee

@ Indiana

@ Houston

If you're already in "apprehensive mode" now, what will you be after the Houston game on Nov. 30th?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Like most said, I agree that Trae understands where we are now in the rebuilding process. He believes in himself though and will still expect to win. I like that a lot. 

The city is starting to get behind him and he’s loving it. I haven’t been to a game yet this year, but it’s obvious on TV. A MVP chant? Joe and Al probably have three of those combined during their time here. He is always playing the underdog/everyone doubts me role, what better team to play for than the Hawks? I think Trae and the Hawks are a perfect match.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is our schedule for the next 10 games:

@ Phoenix

@ LA Clippers

@ LA Lakers

vs Milwaukee

@ Detroit

vs Toronto

vs Minnesota

@ Milwaukee

@ Indiana

@ Houston

If you're already in "apprehensive mode" now, what will you be after the Houston game on Nov. 30th?

TBH I’m not REALLY nervous. 

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And everyone understood that going into the season.

Schlenck has said he is not against making a move later in the season if our play and record warrants it.  He first wants to develop the core of this team - that's the plan for the season.

9 hours ago, High5 said:

Trae is 10 games into his second season. It’s a little (a lot) early to start thinking about him pulling the ripcord. 

It’s not when the rest of your roster either doesn’t know how to or isn’t talented enough to win games while he’s playing like a top 5 NBA player just so we can beat a team by 2,3,or 4 points. 

Just go get real damn center already. Don’t break the bank, but there’s HAVE to be better options than what we have.

Think about it like this..It’s not going to be as easy to switch from rebuilding to competing. Don’t wait until the pressure is on to decide you want to shift gears and put together an actual roster. That’s when you get desperate and make bad decisions.

5 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

It’s not when the rest of your roster either doesn’t know how to or isn’t talented enough to win games while he’s playing like a top 5 NBA player just so we can beat a team by 2,3,or 4 points. 

Just go get real damn center already. Don’t break the bank, but there’s HAVE to be better options than what we have.

I honestly think you are WAY overselling this idea that Trae is going to become disgruntled in year 2.  Yes, it's true that he's a competitor and wants to win badly. It's also true that the team around him certainly isn't playing up to his level. But this isn't a case where A + B = Trae is going to demand a trade or walk at the first opportunity simply because the team isn't as good as he is in year 2. 

The thing that is REALLY hurting the hawks right now is JC being a dumbass and getting suspended, Huerter being perpetually hurt, and the rookies being rookies. All of that is putting the weight of carrying the team squarely on Trae's shoulders. 

Last night 6 different guys played in the backcourt. Those 6 players totaled 35 points on 11-34 shooting. And obviously the majority of those points came from Trae (21). 

In a game where you got 24 from Jabari, 21 from Len, 14 from Damian Jones, and 14 from Hunter, you *only* got 21 from your best player and the team lost by 16. Trae needed a 38 pt game for the Hawks to win. While he's more than capable, it's a lot to ask on an every night basis, especially when he's seeing double and triple teams throughout the entire game. 

Also, since inserting Jones into the starting lineup and bringing Len off the bench, the C position has gone for 25 pts / 10 reb on 10-13 shooting and 35 pts / 18 reb on 14-19 shooting.  It's only 2 games but so far so good in that regard. Maybe that will start to relieve some of the pressure being put on Trae. 

• Like 4

Right now Hawks are short handed.  VC is out, Collins is suspended, Huerter is injured and Trae is ready to leave if we don't shape up and go for the gold soon?  Trade for a new center, preferable an all star.

Really?

:stirthepot:

• Haha 1