• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The pressure Trae is under right now is absurd...

REHawksFan

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Where do we get this center from 11 games into the seadon? Who are you suggesting? Are they available?  What are you willing to trade for that player?

I’m not in the Front Office so I don’t have a full vision of whose available but if you think Damian Jones is the only reasonable option available to us then I really am wasting my time.

Edited by EazyRoc

8 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I honestly think you are WAY overselling this idea that Trae is going to become disgruntled in year 2.  Yes, it's true that he's a competitor and wants to win badly. It's also true that the team around him certainly isn't playing up to his level. But this isn't a case where A + B = Trae is going to demand a trade or walk at the first opportunity simply because the team isn't as good as he is in year 2. 

The thing that is REALLY hurting the hawks right now is JC being a dumbass and getting suspended, Huerter being perpetually hurt, and the rookies being rookies. All of that is putting the weight of carrying the team squarely on Trae's shoulders. 

Last night 6 different guys played in the backcourt. Those 6 players totaled 35 points on 11-34 shooting. And obviously the majority of those points came from Trae (21). 

In a game where you got 24 from Jabari, 21 from Len, 14 from Damian Jones, and 14 from Hunter, you *only* got 21 from your best player and the team lost by 16. Trae needed a 38 pt game for the Hawks to win. While he's more than capable, it's a lot to ask on an every night basis, especially when he's seeing double and triple teams throughout the entire game. 

Also, since inserting Jones into the starting lineup and bringing Len off the bench, the C position has gone for 25 pts / 10 reb on 10-13 shooting and 35 pts / 18 reb on 14-19 shooting.  It's only 2 games but so far so good in that regard. Maybe that will start to relieve some of the pressure being put on Trae. 

No I don’t think I am. I think too many people here refuse to think about this from a perspective other than their OWN.

Almost every rebuttal is from a fans POV complete with this rosy, hopeful optimism.

The fact is our roster is bad outside of our young guys. We still don’t have an actual backup PG. An actual starting C. No one who knows how to consistently win games. Again stop falling for the PR. Y’all acting like the kid is going to come out and say my team sucks and I want better players or I’m gone. History says that doesn’t typically happen until it’s TOO LATE. What aren’t y’all understanding about that ?

Edited by EazyRoc

7 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Right now Hawks are short handed.  VC is out, Collins is suspended, Huerter is injured and Trae is ready to leave if we don't shape up and go for the gold soon?  Trade for a new center, preferable an all star.

Really?

:stirthepot:

Don’t twist my words. It’s disingenuous. None of that is what I said or doesn’t represent the idea I’m expressing.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What Trae needs moreso than another big are some knock down shooters on the wing. 

Yes, three point shooting is by far our biggest weakness. You take Trae's numbers out of the equation and we must rank dead last or close to dead last in all 3pt shooting categories. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Don’t twist my words. It’s disingenuous. None of that is what I said or doesn’t represent the idea I’m expressing.

Sorry.  I wasn't trying to twist anyone's words.  I want the Hawks to win as much as anyone.  As noted, we have too many of our players out at present.  Winning requires most any team to be as close to maximum strength as possible.  

As for our centers, I believe all will learn and grow.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I’m not in the Front Office so I don’t have a full vision of whose available but if you think Damian Jones is the only reasonable option available to us then I really am wasting my time.

None of us are in the front office but we do on occasion propose trade options/proposals to fill roster spots.

Wether Damion Jones is a reasonable option or not, he is who we have right now as one of 3 options to play C.

I'm asking you for who you think we should get wether now or at the trade deadline or in the offseason via draft or free agent and how we go about getting them. 

I've posted trade idea options here:

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, High5 said:

The problem with your logic is that you think year 2 is "too late." Booker went through 4 years in the Phoenix dumpster fire before seemingly getting some help this season. AD gave NO 6 years before he checked out. Kemba gave Charlotte 8 years and I think he'd still be there if MJ paid up. Giannis stayed loyal to Milwaukee for 5 years before Bud showed up and made them a serious team. Etc. etc. It just doesn't happen like you're thinking. 

I think you guys are substituting something for what Eazy is saying.  He isn’t saying we should be contenders right now.  He is saying we demonstrably didn’t try to fill our roster with quality depth.  He is right.  We didn’t spend this offseason except on the relatively low dollar gamble for Jabari.  I think he is right that we need to show we are committed to trying to win next season.  That doesn’t mean to sign overpriced guys but we could have had a much better center on a one-year deal if we wanted.  We chose not to do so.  His message is we can’t do that again next offseason.  I think he is right on that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you guys are substituting something for what Eazy is saying.  He isn’t saying we should be contenders right now.  He is saying we demonstrably didn’t try to fill our roster with quality depth.  He is right.  We didn’t spend this offseason except on the relatively low dollar gamble for Jabari.  I think he is right that we need to show we are committed to trying to win next season.  That doesn’t mean to sign overpriced guys but we could have had a much better center on a one-year deal if we wanted.  We chose not to do so.  His message is we can’t do that again next offseason.  I think he is right on that.

I agree with this. I don't read what @easyroc is saying as the same though. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but it reads like he's saying if the Hawks dont make a playoff push this year then Trae is gonna walk which is patently ridiculous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that. It's the idea that Trae will start planning his exit strategy if Schlenk doesn't get him more help this season that we're disagreeing with.  

• Like 3

If we are still talking about centers for the moment then will say believe Bruno and Jones are both here next year and then the draft for a C and/or offseason move is possible though not thinking TS likes the FA vets available in 2020. Will believe a deadline move only when I see it. Definitely have the assets to work a trade that he would favor though, just think it will be offseason.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:43 PM, REHawksFan said:

I agree with this. I don't read what @easyroc is saying as the same though. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it but it reads like he's saying if the Hawks dont make a playoff push this year then Trae is gonna walk which is patently ridiculous. 

You’re misinterpreting. I’m saying they need to start fixing the roster now because the idea of “flipping the switch” is crazy dangerous and could leave us with a disgruntled superstar. I’m saying there some real “low hanging fruit” were we could realistically improve the roster without hamstringing ourselves and we need to start now. Hence why I felt the pressure is now shifted into the front office to get to work because we have plenty of precedence for stars bailing in similar situations. I hope the clarified things..

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

You’re misinterpreting. I’m saying they need to start fixing the roster now because the idea of “flipping the switch” is crazy dangerous and could leave us with a disgruntled superstar. I’m saying there some real “low hanging fruit” were we could realistically improve the roster without hamstringing ourselves and we need to start now. Hence why I felt the pressure is now shifted into the front office to get to work because we have plenty of precedence for stars bailing in similar situations. I hope the clarified things..

Again, I ask....what do you think we should do? Throw out a couple ideas to move this discussion along.

• Thanks 2

On 11/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

None of us are in the front office but we do on occasion propose trade options/proposals to fill roster spots.

Wether Damion Jones is a reasonable option or not, he is who we have right now as one of 3 options to play C.

I'm asking you for who you think we should get wether now or at the trade deadline or in the offseason via draft or free agent and how we go about getting them. 

I've posted trade idea options here:

Again without a full scope of who’s available and for what price, what’s the point ? There is in my conservative opinion about 30-40 bigs that are better than Len or Damian Jones. Pick one and don’t overpay and I probably would feel a little better..

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Again without a full scope of who’s available and for what price, what’s the point ? There is in my conservative opinion about 30-40 bigs that are better than Len or Damian Jones. Pick one and don’t overpay and I probably would feel a little better..

This is rather pointless then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/17/2019 at 2:13 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

This is rather pointless then.

It was actually very much on topic regarding pressure and I suggested that the pressure should be more on the Front office.

It’s pointless and a huge deviation from the over-arching topic/theme to play armchair GM for no other reason than your own satisfaction. 

Edited by EazyRoc

• Moderators
8 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

It was actually very much on topic regarding pressure and I suggested that the pressure should be more on the Front office.

It’s pointless and a huge deviation from the over-arching topic/theme to play armchair GM for no other reason than your own satisfaction. 

Jay's point is more that this is a very tough time of year to trade for value.  Criticizing the summer is clean right now there may be no good deal out there.  Can't criticize a GM for not doing a good deal now if there isn't one to be had.

• Thanks 3