• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shouldn't have picked Cam

txsting

Disengeuous to compare Cam to Trae last year. Trae was struggling with his shot, Cam is struggling with his shot, dribbling the ball, finishing through contact, not gettijg stripped/blocked when he drives, and general decision making. On top of that, Cam doesn't have a historically good college season to lean on for goodwill. He had a historically bad college season. 

I'll say his defense has been as advertised, he's just one of the very worst offensive players in the NBA.

19 minutes ago, DBac said:

Disengeuous to compare Cam to Trae last year. Trae was struggling with his shot, Cam is struggling with his shot, dribbling the ball, finishing through contact, not gettijg stripped/blocked when he drives, and general decision making. On top of that, Cam doesn't have a historically good college season to lean on for goodwill. He had a historically bad college season. 

I'll say his defense has been as advertised, he's just one of the very worst offensive players in the NBA.

Selective memory is a disease 

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Cwell said:

exactly. Trae was looking like a little kid trying to get to the rim this time last year, and he eventually figured out how to pick his spots and become more successful. He was getting swallowed up going to the rim early. People seem to have very selective memory of early Trae just because he's playing at an All Star level now.

None of this is anything new. Cam gets stripped going to the basket just like Taurean did

Yes.  Although I thing the point is probably the right one.   I don't expect Cam to be at the high level Trae was by January.  But he'll be good.

56 minutes ago, AHF said:

By far the biggest issue is the abysmal shooting.  It has been just putrid.  Other than that, it is the usual rookie mix of positive and negatives but from my perspective overwhelmingly positive on the whole.

Well-stated.  It's really odd to see people see a normal rookie mistake and fly off the deep end on the guy.

Should it shock people to see him getting stripped a lot?  No, he's a rookie.

Should it shock people to see him get bumped off his spot or knocked off balance on drives (due to lack of strength)?  No, he's a rookie.

Should it shock people to see bad shot selection/decisions at times?  No, he's a rookie.

Same things happen, routinely, to Hunter but no weird backlash.

You know what should shock people though?  Seeing UK get beat by Evansville at home in a pay 'em game. 😁

(I couldn't resist, AH.  It keep callin' me. Scotty.)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

That isn't completely right.  Trae was getting blocked at the rim routinely in November and turning the ball over a fair amount.   

But it's a fair point that Cam is much more raw than Trae was.

No, the funny thing about this point last year was that Trae was far ahead as a dribble driver than what was expected. He just couldn't buy a 3 pointer and actually started taking far less for a while. 

Trae gets blocked a lot even now, he's 6'2 with high usage so I've come to accept it.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

When I said he was the next Randy Moss, I didn't anticipate he would have the hands of Darrius Heyward-Bey

Yeah, that was quite a stretch. Glad you see that now. And Moss was a really good basketball player in high school so there's a chance he would have been a better NBA rookie as well.