• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shouldn't have picked Cam

txsting

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, you're telling me a rookie wasn't able to come in and set the world afire but was able to improve given time and extra work?  Shocking.

It’s true I’ve seen it. It exists out there. But some still say...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, just to be clear, I wasn't taking a shot at uncle @Gray Mule.  I was taking a shot at folks who don't seem to grasp the concept that not every rookie is gonna walk in as a finished product.  Gotta give dudes time to work.

Ya that’s what I initially thought you were saying. Lol. When all the parts start firing at once, 😬.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, just to be clear, I wasn't taking a shot at uncle @Gray Mule.  I was taking a shot at folks who don't seem to grasp the concept that not every rookie is gonna walk in as a finished product.  Gotta give dudes time to work.

I agree about needing time. I think the Huerter injury and Collins suspension has dashed a lot of hopes for us to be competitive. Now some of us are 2nd guessing; and in my opinion its mainly due to the poor start and that is mainly due to Huerter and Collins being MIA.

I am still holding out hope for a 8th seed but without Collins for 25 games it is only by a thread.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

This John Collins thing may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I mean I hate him serving the suspension and all but it gives the rooks some opportunities for sure to get thing cranked up a bit.

We are 4-10 but this isn’t a write off 4-10 team heading for a tank. We are going to start getting some W’s soon.

I think there are some winnable games coming up. Some of them are the 50/50 games that define a young teams season. This one against Detroit is the first of several in the next four to six weeks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This John Collins thing may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. I mean I hate him serving the suspension and all but it gives the rooks some opportunities for sure to get thing cranked up a bit.

We are 4-10 but this isn’t a write off 4-10 team heading for a tank. We are going to start getting some W’s soon.

Salient point here.

It's not like we're intact and playing poorly.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Salient point here.

Yeah, and i think we're 3-1 in games that Trae, Heurt, Collins were all playing with the one loss being a close one to the sixers.  Small sample but pretty encouraging.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Salient point here.

When I looked at the schedule to start the season, I was hoping for a better record when we started that west coast swing. Honestly, I thought the only game we would win on that trip was against the Suns. Instead we started it with a worse record than I hoped but beat Portland and Utah which is not what I expected even with Collins and Huerter.

So the glass half full view is we did better on that west coast trip than I expected even if Collins and Huerter had played; to go along with a decently played game against the Bucks last night.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

When I looked at the schedule to start the season, I was hoping for a better record when we started that west coast swing. Honestly, I thought the only game we would win on that trip was against the Suns. Instead we started it with a worse record than I hoped but beat Portland and Utah which is not what I expected even with Collins and Huerter.

So the glass half full view is we did better on that west coast trip than I expected even if Collins and Huerter had played; to go along with a decently played game against the Bucks last night.

Huh? We lost to Portland but beat Denver. 1-4 road trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huh? We lost to Portland but beat Denver. 1-4 road trip.

My bad, OT loss and you are right. Chalk it up to old age with getting confused.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The bottom of the east is so trash that even New York still has a clear playoff shot. Look at the bottom two playoff teams right now: 

Brooklyn and Orlando. Both of them are below average. Dealing with injuries. Orlando went 4-0 last week and lost not only by 20 yesterday but lost Vooch and Gordon to ankle injuries. Brooklyn been nursing injuries but it seems to have helped that Kyrie is gone. They are winning again and moving the ball again. 

You got a list of currently wack teams like the Hawks, Wizards, Hornets, Knicks, Pistons, and Bulls just taking up space and not really sure what they are at time due to bad chemistry, or in our case (injuries and suspensions), just playing over their head like Charlotte but likely to finish at the bottom when it's all said and done. We will likely still have a shot. 

Ya that’s why I thought the Hawks would make the playoffs. I mean I didn’t think we’d be world beaters but I looked at the East and couldn’t name 8 better teams than us. 

It’s a long season. We are only 17% through it now. I still have ya getting in. And if not, I’m going down with the ship 🚢 👨‍✈️!

• Like 3