NBASupes

So we couldn't have used Devonte' Graham?

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We could have used any player picked in the 2nd round that is playing well.

Our pick we traded was him. I actually liked the pick and found out we traded it

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam just lacks the strength. 

So very disappointing.  He has a lot of fine tuning that he needs to do to his game.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So very disappointing.  He has a lot of fine tuning that he needs to do to his game.

Indeed but the lack of strength is so obvious. So so obvious. He can do things that most players can't do but most players can do things he can't 

Five meals a day and weight training but that exact regiment probably is not consistently doable till the offseason. Either way that weight training will take some time to build up his strength but hopefully he starts now. He is really young so am confident he will get bigger for the next three years anyway. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Five meals a day and weight training but that exact regiment probably is not consistently doable till the offseason. Either way that weight training will take some time to build up his strength but hopefully he starts now. He is really young so am confident he will get bigger for the next three years anyway. 

Proceed with caution. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a physique. Don’t pull a Josh Smith and start bulking up for no reason.

Cam’s game isn’t built on strength. I realize he needs strength but not power if that makes sense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, Spud2nique said:

Proceed with caution. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is a physique. Don’t pull a Josh Smith and start bulking up for no reason.

Cam’s game isn’t built on strength. I realize he needs strength but not power if that makes sense.

Understand what you are saying but just think a good amount of time in the weight room is part of the answer to help Cam's future. Looking for "and ones" from him but that is not happening right now though think with added strength it will be there. Not crippling a pure shooter here with too much muscle mass in this case. Would be good for him and good for us for him to hit those weights. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He needs power and strength. He plays like a 6'3-6'4 170 PG but without the explosiveness or body control that those guys like Fox, Schröder, Morant have. 

Cam like Monk did needs to add 20 pounds to his college frame. 

If you look at Ingram this year, he is like 210 like Cam but Ingram plays strong for his size. Cam plays weak and on top of that, due to the lack of explosiveness plays small, especially on offense. He needs to work on his core strength, power strength and adding more bulk as he has the frame to

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Josh didn't have the frame to add 20 pounds when he was 245. Cam does. Josh did gain 10 pounds from his rookie year to 3rd year. He went from 225 to 235. 235 was his max weight. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How'd this become a Cam thread? Just asking?

I mistaken wrote a post I meant for the Clippers/Hawks game thread in this thread. Diesel replied and that was that. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

and adding more bulk as he has the frame to

Agree with all but this to a certain degree. Smoove messes up his body with bulk. What is bulk? Power and bulk grouped together is a misconception for some. I’m a firm believer that adding explosive movements will actually bring power without bulk. I don’t agree, I don’t want “bulk” that he can’t control.  He should add strength to his frame 🖼.

ps We might be saying the same thing but using different routes to get there. 😊 

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How'd this become a Cam thread? Just asking?

😆 oh shoot I didn’t notice. Ummm I don’t have much to say on the topic..

um..we shoulda taken Manu, Mark Price and Rodman too? I kid supes 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1