• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Pierce is just as lost as the rookies are

Bonkers

• Premium Member
On 11/22/2019 at 8:12 PM, Bonkers said:

LP doesn't know what a screen is smh. Get Trae coming off screens Einstein!!!!

Im 2 years I guarantee LP will be gone. Plz Basketball Gods send us a cerebral Coach

We run screens off the ball for Trae every game. Trae is a much better player with the ball in his hands though so those plays often don't pay dividends. Trae isn't particularily fast and relies on his tricky dribbling and hesitation to get space and advantages, but he can't do that off ball. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

TS interview via The Athketic

Q: How challenging has it been for you to actually evaluate the progress of this team when you haven’t had John (Collins) and a healthy Kevin (Huerter) for most of it? 

Any time you have two starters out for an extended period of time, it makes it tough. We’ve also had a lot of guys banged up or on a minutes restriction. It makes LP’s job tough managing the minutes and trying to find a consistent rotation every game.

Q: In what ways then have you had to rethink your goals and expectations for this team with all you have experienced? 

Well, our goals and expectations haven’t changed. We’re still in the development stages of our process. As long as our young guys keep getting better — I haven’t watched the second half yet. I downloaded the first half and watched it, but just looking at the box score, and I’ll use Cam as an example. Just seeing flashes like that from him. We’ve seen them from De’Andre (Hunter) where he’ll have two or three really good games in a row, and then he’ll have a lower game. I think we need to just start coming more consistent. I think, all in all, we got spoiled with Trae (Young) in the second half of the season with his consistency. Kevin was consistent in the second half of the season. We have to remember that these young guys didn’t play Summer League, so they’re learning on the fly.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Its official every "bad" team in the NBA is better coached than the Hawks

Why is it the other bad teams look more competent than the Hawks????? Hmmm the players on those teams are not great at all so it must be something...hmmm what could it be....oh yea it's called COACHING!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bonkers

8 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Hard to even argue against it at this point...VC should’ve never been in that game with time ticking down. 6’ Trae should not have been inbounding. 

It's like how can everybody not see this team is poorly coached. It's blowing my mind!!!

And Trae just took a subtle shot at LP tonight too

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

It's like how can everybody not see this team is poorly coached. It's blowing my mind!!!

And Trae just took a subtle shot at LP tonight too

What did Trae say? Did not stick around to hear the post game comments.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Isn't it funny how the folks that claim Trae isn't that great and how we shouldn't put the "keys to the franchise" in his hands and how he's selfish and can't be the best player on a championship team, etc. .... are the same folks that jump on his every word/action if it supports their anti-CLP narrative?

idk-girl.gif

I’m sorry can you just say what ur trying to say it’s Xmas eve and ur making me think 🤔 a lot. Like a lot more than I need to ok? Great thanks..

Ps Give 05 a high five 🖐 from his UNC Spud! 😊 

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry can you just say what ur trying to say it’s Xmas eve and ur making me think 🤔 a lot. Like a lot more than I need to ok? Great thanks..

Ps Give 05 a high five 🖐 from his UNC Spud! 😊 

Nothing too deep.  Jussayin it's a lotta folks on here just anglin' to complain.

And I will absolutely give 05 a pound for his Unc.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, Spud2nique said:

Time for Trae to start pinching asses like John Stockton did. It might be the only way. A pinch here, a squeeze there, a baby trip here and there.

Stockton loved stepping on toes like the original IT did and it caused plenty of turnovers. He also was a master of the hidden elbow to the ribs, second in effectiveness only to the "Reggie". As you said earlier he wasn't exactly dirty but only because he hardly ever got called for it....but just the same. Some additional defensive grit by Trae was your point and that is right on.

• Like 2