• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is Bruno Fernando? A scrub? Or a potential all time great?

TheNorthCydeRises

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

I look for him to spend a big chunk if not most of the season at College Park.

Who's with me?

Might as well.  If he's only going to get 10 min a night, he's better off playing 30 min a night in College Park.

If they leave him on the big team, he deserves his chance to see what he can do as the starter.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

His rookie season numbers compare to guys like Lavoy Allen.  In other words, he's an end of the rotation big who probably doesn't have the tools to nail down the first big off the bench role. 

Personally, I'd trade him for a 2nd rounder and give his minutes to Skal, whose ability to space the floor when healthy is a more worthwhile gamble.

Think I'll hang onto a guy that will mix it up and grab a rebound for us for second round money since that is not a given outside of JC grabbing boards for us since we don't know about Capela and his foot yet. We could shoot threes for 48 but that is a tough way to take post season games. Not counting the one and only outlier out West of course. And no am not trying to start a bash LP thread here. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Will Bruno get real playing time next season?

I hope so. I'm hoping by mid season he's over taken Dewayne Dedmon as the backup behing Capela.

I think I asked already, but any chance Bruno can be a full time PF or play more PF than C?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Will Bruno get real playing time next season?

I hope so. I'm hoping by mid season he's over taken Dewayne Dedmon as the backup behing Capela.

I think I asked already, but any chance Bruno can be a full time PF or play more PF than C?

He will be behind Capela and Dedmon imo.  I think the Hawks as a organization understand they have to be in the playoffs next season.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny you mention that I have him slotted as our future backup 4, but that’s only because we have Dedmon signed another year. I honestly think he’s versatile enough to play backup 4 and 5 due to his agility and power.

For instance if we sign a Gorgeous Gorgui Dieng next summer as a backup 5, he would be the 4, but if we signed a natural backup PF like Mike Scott (welcome back Molly 👦 with both arms 😉) then big Bruno could slide in at the backup 5. 

Either way he had be hyped the hell up with his energy on some sequences during the season. I remember rewinding a few of his plays where his D led to his O. He brings it 💯 no doubt!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To begin the season, he will battle Dedmon for the back up center.  Then, if another team becomes in great need of a center to finish out the season, Dedmon may be gone for a future draft pick and he moves into the #2 center spot.

Or, Hawks could decide he needs to go to the G League and Collins becomes the #3 center behind Dedmon.

A lot will depend on how well our other Hawk players preform.  If they aren't doing so well, we need him to fill the void where Capela and Dedmon are disappointing us.  Either one could be "not great" and open wide the door.  

:smug:

• Like 3

With Capela believe the truly only issue is that foot. Even with restrictions think he plays close to half the game starting. Bruno was physical and active so with improving the skills area think he will get minutes but it probably is both positions over the course of an entire season (foul and/or injury stuff related). Super energetic and positive cat and that is nice to have in the rotation somewhere. Early in the season would think at PF.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

To begin the season, he will battle Dedmon for the back up center.  Then, if another team becomes in great need of a center to finish out the season, Dedmon may be gone for a future draft pick and he moves into the #2 center spot.

Or, Hawks could decide he needs to go to the G League and Collins becomes the #3 center behind Dedmon.

A lot will depend on how well our other Hawk players preform.  If they aren't doing so well, we need him to fill the void where Capela and Dedmon are disappointing us.  Either one could be "not great" and open wide the door.  

And gramps don’t forget your boy Skal whose a PF, if we keep him he might show flashes of backup 4 minutes as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hey, before the trade to get Hunter I was saying trade the #17 down to about #20 or so and grab Bruno. Was stunned we got him in the second. A truly nice draft overall by TS.

That’s right. Dang I usually pride myself of remembering who liked whom but you were one of the Bruno wagon drivers indeed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bruno isn't long enough to play center and doesn't shoot well enough to play power forward.  Dedmon is a far superior defender.  Unless his shot dramatically improves, he will struggle to be a rotational player on a winning team.

15 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Bruno isn't long enough to play center and doesn't shoot well enough to play power forward.  Dedmon is a far superior defender.  Unless his shot dramatically improves, he will struggle to be a rotational player on a winning team.

True.  However, we expect him to be improved in his second year.  How much depends on him...

• Like 4