• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh pretty please basketball gods!

JTB

One star thread

That and one intriguing young player like De'Andre Hunter would satisfy league trade rules.

Hawks don't have any assets for a Andre Drummond trade. We aren't trading our 1sts much less our young players. Besides, he will likely cost too much money. I'll rather Baynes who actually has an impact and can be signed and traded for, for much less. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

One star thread

Hawks don't have any assets for a Andre Drummond trade. We aren't trading our 1sts much less our young players. Besides, he will likely cost too much money. I'll rather Baynes who actually has an impact and can be signed and traded for, for much less. 

We have plenty of expiring deals to offer for Drummond. We don’t have to give away any young core players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

We have plenty of expiring deals to offer for Drummond. We don’t have to give away any young core players.

I been on Detroit board, I am more convince they would rather let him walk than trade him for 2nd rounders and Chandler Parsons. 

I can see Phoenix pulling a New Orleans and trading Baynes for two 2nd rounders if they feel they can't resigning him in the off-season. 

Edited by NBASupes

Last year, we had an abundance of trade assets. 

This year, we only got one asset. That is OKC's 2021 1st. We don't have Prince, Baze, CLE 2020 1st, or nothing good anymore for trades. 

Right now, we need the Brooklyn pick, we need our own picks, we clearly need our young key players, etc. 

• Thanks 2

Folks...

Turner, Len, Jones...works for Drummond straight up. 

if Detroit accepts that or not that’s another topic ...but ain’t nobody trying to give away young “core” players 

id be ok with Drummond and Bruno as my only two centers then we can grab another young big

@NBASupes Detroit ain’t getting nothing worthy back in Drummonds final season when he can and probably will opt out his contract and become a free agent in weak 2020 free agency.

what they probably want to avoid in return is any long term contracts for Drummond but rather getting a young talent that may turn into something like a big like jones and Len will perhaps give them a decent stop gap at center.

len if he can ever hit 3s again may actually fit better with Blake.

.....as you know we have several expiring contracts and maybe pistons would rather just have a guaranteed cap space amount to play with rather than hoping Drummond opts out (though it seems to be a sure thing)...by no means should we trade young core players however but we can get Drummond without doing that if the pistons participate with us 

Just now, NBASupes said:

DET is just dying to trade Drummond for Evan Turner, Alex Len and Damian Jones. Can't wait! 

You  never know!  Strange things have happened in the NBA.  Might have to throw in a second round future pick.

:applause:

• Haha 3

• Moderators

Those Drummond articles are just the "hey i think the Hawks could use Drummond" clickbait.  It's not real.  We aren't offering anything and Detroit isn't trading him for nothing.   At the very least they will want a 1st. 

Plus there are better uses of our money.  

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Those Drummond articles are just the "hey i think the Hawks could use Drummond" clickbait.  It's not real.  We aren't offering anything and Detroit isn't trading him for nothing.   At the very least they will want a 1st. 

Plus there are better uses of our money.  

Better uses of the cap huh?...when we strike out again in free agency I wonder what you’ll say then cause this team can’t even get decent pickups in most off seasons. Every once in a while we get lucky like with Sap and DMC but yeah that’s every blue moon for the hawks.

i doubt with all the massive cap space and so called “flexibility” anything happens 

It will be hard to convince DET that OKC 1st 2021 and Parsons is a good deal or OKC 1st 2021 Crabbe and Len for Drummond is a good deal. It's also going to be hard to convince our brass that Drummond is worth paying big money to when we got Collins due for a pay day as well. 

I think Drummond is a FA we should look into but he is really out of our price range. 2021 FA is really the one you want to be in. 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Better uses of the cap huh?...when we strike out again in free agency I wonder what you’ll say then cause this team can’t even get decent pickups in most off seasons. Every once in a while we get lucky like with Sap and DMC but yeah that’s every blue moon for the hawks.

i doubt with all the massive cap space and so called “flexibility” anything happens 

Drummond would feel like Dwight Howard signing. Highly priced and lacking winning impact. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DET is just dying to trade Drummond for Evan Turner, Alex Len and Damian Jones. Can't wait! 

One star post.

don’t act like we see fair trades in the nba happen majority of the time for good players.

most of the time the return is never as good as what’s going out in this league.

The good just never happens for this team when it comes to trades.

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

One star post.

don’t act like we see fair trades in the nba happen majority of the time for good players.

most of the time the return is never as good as what’s going out in this league.

The good just never happens for this team when it comes to trades.

I can see a team like Charlotte doing it. Not us: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2863849-nba-trade-rumors-pistons-andre-drummond-a-priority-for-hornets

It's not about a fair trade. We don't have any trade assets outside of our 2021 OKC 1st. Everything else we got is garbage. Expirings who suck aren't going to land an expiring who don't suck. 

Charlotte has expirings but they also might be willing to throw in a protected 1st. That's not an option for us. Especially with the money we have available this summer. 

You aren't going to find anyone who agrees with you on this. No one thinks DET will giveaway Drummond. No one thinks we should give an real asset for him. This is just mindless chatter. 

Edited by NBASupes

It will be hard to convince DET that OKC 1st 2021 and Parsons is a good deal or OKC 1st 2021 Crabbe and Len for Drummond is a good deal. It's also going to be hard to convince our brass that Drummond is worth paying big money to when we got Collins due for a pay day as well. 

I think Drummond is a FA we should look into but he is really out of our price range. 2021 FA is really the one you want to be in. 

Drummond would feel like Dwight Howard signing. Highly priced and lacking winning impact. 

Sure if you can actually lure elite talent to your squad. I’m not really for watching us fail in free agency again trying to compete with the bigger markets that attract star players.

i like schlenk but I don’t think he can attract star players here better than any other gm that’s been here before him.

i say go all out for Drummond while you can. We are not the lakers or Celtics...we don’t have that kind of prestige as a franchise 

I can see a team like Charlotte doing it. Not us: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2863849-nba-trade-rumors-pistons-andre-drummond-a-priority-for-hornets

It's not about a fair trade. We don't have any trade assets outside of our 2021 OKC 1st. Everything else we got is garbage. Expirings who suck aren't going to land an expiring who don't suck. 

Charlotte has expirings but they also might be willing to throw in a protected 1st. That's not an option for us. Especially with the money we have available this summer. 

You aren't going to find anyone who agrees with you on this. No one thinks DET will giveaway Drummond. No one thinks we should give an real asset for him. This is just mindless chatter. 

Hawks having cap space is a joke. I don’t think you understand that ....shockingly

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, JTB said:

Folks...

Turner, Len, Jones...works for Drummond straight up. 

if Detroit accepts that or not that’s another topic ...but ain’t nobody trying to give away young “core” players 

id be ok with Drummond and Bruno as my only two centers then we can grab another young big

The money works, sure.

I just don't see Detroit making that deal without a 1st. For all his flaws, Drummond still has trade value. Turner, Len and Jones do not.

• Like 1

I don't see Drummond as an impact player. I think Baynes is more impactful. Hell, if you want to trade for a center, I would go get Adams as long as it's just sending OKC their pick back. 

We cannot beat this offer: 

Biyombo/MKG and 2019 lottery protected 1st for Drummond. 

Drummond just isn't worth more than late 1st due to his contract status and his actual on the court value. Anything else is an major overpay.