• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh pretty please basketball gods!

JTB

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

NY sees Robinson the way we see Kevin Huerter. As far of their core and we need our 1sts. 

We just got to accept we our vets outside of Bembry and Parker are trash. C- and worse vets shouldn't be getting real minutes on any NBA club. 

We do need better veteran players around to help set better examples on the court and not JUST be mentors. A good vet backup PG and a journeyman but swing starter level big to replace what we had with Dedmon.

1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

We do need better veteran players around to help set better examples on the court and not JUST be mentors. A good vet backup PG and a journeyman but swing starter level big to replace what we had with Dedmon.

Some said it but I didn't listen to them but we got worse as a team compared to last year. We lost a C+ wing who while his defense was ass, his offense was a B and his shooting was an A-. We lost a wing who began the year our best player and a C+ then injuries came and he regressed. We lost a C+ center who like you stated was a swing starter. 

While Cam will take time, so far this year D+, that's not a problem as Kevin was a C- this time last year and a D in the preseason. Cam can improve but he has a ways to go and overall is significantly worse than Baze this time last year. Now at the end of season, he could be much better but I am talking about right now. Hunter is starting to get to C+ range. A couple more games like the last three and he will be there but even then, he's been a C. We replaced a C+ center with a D+ one. That's a significant drop off. That's like going from Trae Young to Reggie Jackson. You can't justify that. 

We just lack way too much. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JTB said:

It’s clear the hawks fan base don’t like Drummond but hey most didn’t like Howard either.

i don’t know what’s so terrible about a 18 pt and 16 reb center either and though he’s not a good FT shooter I actually think he’s up to 69% which is pretty good for him 

He’s not a perfect fit but he’s a huge upgrade on both sides of the floor.

Hes not a centerpiece type player and would thrive here in a complimentary role next to Trae and with JC showing stretch 4 ability. He definitely rounds out our starting unit and put us in a position to still draft the most talented player available in the next draft.

Again, I wouldn’t trade anything without a commitment, but at the same time I also don’t want to pay what I think Detroit would want for him.

He will be a free agent soon so..we could just wait for him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Hes not a centerpiece type player and would thrive here in a complimentary role next to Trae and with JC showing stretch 4 ability. He definitely rounds out our starting unit and put us in a position to still draft the most talented player available in the next draft.

Again, I wouldn’t trade anything without a commitment, but at the same time I also don’t want to pay what I think Detroit would want for him.

I understand and get it...I’m just anxious for us to win but I’m back to being patient (not that I have choice)

but one last thing I will say about this topic. I’m not a fan of lottery centers only because it normally takes them a 3 years or so to really get it together. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

We need to win more to be able to attract free agents.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2019 at 1:41 PM, Watchman said:

We need to win more to be able to attract free agents.

This! If we can put together a strong showing when Huerter and Collins get back we have a small case.

No one is giving up a ton of assets to get Drummond.

Depending on how we end up and the lottery balls bouncing we could daft so many different combinations with our pick and Brooklyn's it is confusing as hell. Something I do not like thinking about is there are five point guards in the top ten right now at draft net.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This! If we can put together a strong showing when Huerter and Collins get back we have a small case.

No one is giving up a ton of assets to get Drummond.

Depending on how we end up and the lottery balls bouncing we could daft so many different combinations with our pick and Brooklyn's it is confusing as hell. Something I do not like thinking about is there are five point guards in the top ten right now at draft net.

This is the strongest PG class since 2009. That class fed the NBA for the last 10 years from the PG position 

• Premium Member
On 11/22/2019 at 11:38 AM, NBASupes said:

Last year, we had an abundance of trade assets. 

This year, we only got one asset. That is OKC's 2021 1st. We don't have Prince, Baze, CLE 2020 1st, or nothing good anymore for trades. 

Right now, we need the Brooklyn pick, we need our own picks, we clearly need our young key players, etc. 

What we actually have in our draft assets bank.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/team

• Like 2

Maybe it’s just me and I’m ok if I’m wrong On this  but seems like some other fellow squawkers may be thinking the same as me

but...

I think this young core could be ahead of “the rebuild plans” if we were fully healthy and had a quality starting center. It doesn’t have to be Drummond but him or Adams with the return of collins and huerter ...and I still think this team could make a push for the playoffs depending on how the east plays out at the bottom (still a very long season to go)....even with Collins out if had a quality starting center I believe we would get some Ws

another thing that’s kinda scary about the center position is the time it takes to develop young centers if we happen to draft another one. Even if we somehow actually got wiseman or whatever his name is (haven’t kept up with much college ball yet) ...I don’t believe he’s going to be ready to contribute day 1.

I’d rather get an established center that’s somewhat close to ages of this current young core. I understand being young but I don’t think being completely young core is a great thing. We need to add vets at some point and I definitely believe a vet center is the best move for this team over a young one.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe it’s just me and I’m ok if I’m wrong On this  but seems like some other fellow squawkers may be thinking the same as me

but...

I think this young core could be ahead of “the rebuild plans” if we were fully healthy and had a quality starting center. It doesn’t have to be Drummond but him or Adams with the return of collins and huerter ...and I still think this team could make a push for the playoffs depending on how the east plays out at the bottom (still a very long season to go)....even with Collins out if had a quality starting center I believe we would get some Ws

another thing that’s kinda scary about the center position is the time it takes to develop young centers if we happen to draft another one. Even if we somehow actually got wiseman or whatever his name is (haven’t kept up with much college ball yet) ...I don’t believe he’s going to be ready to contribute day 1.

I’d rather get an established center that’s somewhat close to ages of this current young core. I understand being young but I don’t think being completely young core is a great thing. We need to add vets at some point and I definitely believe a vet center is the best move for this team over a young one.

It doesn't have to be "either / or" as well.  If we got Wiseman, we could easily have Drummond or Adams, etc. for a few years as well.  We will have the money to pick of a vet who is ready to play now and a lottery pick to use on whatever BPA is out there when we draft.

• Like 4