• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

December 15th trade proposals

NBASupes

December 15th trade proposals is the first day you can trade for previous free agents. Here are my trades ideas: 

1. Nerlens Noel for Damian Jones and a 2nd round pick. Why? Noel has been performing offensively at an slightly below average center level while being elite defensively this year. While Jones has been at the same level offensively while being awful defensively. This is a cheap acquisition that should help us instantly. 

2. Aron Baynes for Damian Jones and two 2nd rounders. This one is less likely as Baynes is so vital to what they do but if the wheels fall off, I would like to get into this one. Baynes is a killer on every metrics. He's been a player that looks good on metrics but he seem to made a massive leap. 

3. Steven Adams for Chandler Parsons and two 2nds. This is the least likely. They want a good 1st, a young player and cap relief for a key franchise key and his cost will clearly surpass his cost. 

Right now, it's a dry center market for potential starters

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

December 15th trade proposals is the first day you can trade for previous free agents. Here are my trades ideas: 

1. Nerlens Noel for Damian Jones and a 2nd round pick. Why? Noel has been performing offensively at an slightly below average center level while being elite defensively this year. While Jones has been at the same level offensively while being awful defensively. This is a cheap acquisition that should help us instantly. 

2. Aron Baynes for Damian Jones and two 2nd rounders. This one is less likely as Baynes is so vital to what they do but if the wheels fall off, I would like to get into this one. Baynes is a killer on every metrics. He's been a player that looks good on metrics but he seem to made a massive leap. 

3. Steven Adams for Chandler Parsons and two 2nds. This is the least likely. They want a good 1st, a young player and cap relief for a key franchise key and his cost will clearly surpass his cost. 

Right now, it's a dry center market for potential starters

I'd sign up for #1 all day.  The rest. I don't believe those are likely at all.

• Like 1

Two trade ideas I had. If Orlando does the Murray/DeRozan for Evan F./Gordon. I would like to add two more teams. Us and Charlotte. 

Hawks trade: Len and Crabbe

Hawks land: Augustin and Biyombo 

Charlotte lands Crabbe

Orlando gets Len on top of the Spurs pieces and otherwise. 

Why? Because we need another backup center and Crabbe sucks outside of shooting. We cover our weakness of shooting and a backup PG with D.J. 

I don't have expectations for Bismack other than just play defense and rim run. We still need a starting center but that's not available right now. 

This would help us a lot as we can move Turner to the 3/4 position. 

Trae/D.J.

Cam/Kev when he is back/Bembry

Hunter/Turner/Bembry

Collins/Parker

Jones/Bismack/Bruno

Unless it's a young player that will help us for the next few seasons, I say stay put.  We can get some more draft capital by trading these guys later in the year and get young veterans in free agency next season.  Let the chips fall were they may this season.

Now I'm all for Nerlens Noel or Steven Adams.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

How bout this one! Both of these guys are in their last seasons under contract making about 60k diff in salary so it’s a perfect match.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vxszslo

Hawks get: Tristan Thompson 

Cavs get : Evan Turner + 2020 (2nd round pick; our own pick) +2025 (Hawks 2nd round pick via Nets).

It leaves the Cavs with Zizic, Henson and Nance jr. as their bigs though. 

For us I think it gives us some interior D and rebounding on both ends. Low risk for both sides and we throw in the incentive of a second rounder. 

pg- Trae

sg- Cam

sf- Hunter

pf- Collins

c-Thompson 

Trae can make Tristan the highest fg% player in the league and get him like 12 dunks a game. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You know I like Tristian, especially for us. He would be a huge defensive presence and he sets elite screens and runs the PnR extremely well not to mention, tough!

Only thing is I wouldn’t sign him to a contract past this year. I’d just use him like he would use us for a new contract.

I like what he’s bringing this year but it’s screaming out contract year and he’s gonna get lazy or injured once he gets that deal. 

But in the 4 months rental with us, he can show bigs around the league that they can be mediocre and that Trae’s play could elevate them to another level, possibly even an all star. Then at least we have some dudes waiting to play with Trae. 

I realize all this stuff about tampering but I am surprised not to hear more noise about players around the league wanted to team up with Trae. I guess that’ll come too with time.

A few more names that might fit but would have to check salary and how much they would be worth to us but we need a little short term help.

1. Kevon Looney- Warriors have Draymond, Paschall, WCS, Spellman. Looney a bit bigger and plays center but how much does clipboard 📋 killer Kerr really like him? Kevon has all that experience with the warriors and came into the league from UCLA at 19 if I’m not mistaken so he’s only 23 years old. Offensive rebounder and active long guy around the rim. He’s an A- fit for Trae imo.

2. Jusuf Nurkic- How much do the Blazers want and need Nurk when he returns now that they have their shiny lean n mean look 👀 goin with Hassan? Nurk is a freakin bear 🐻 and and when he runs full steam ahead he could probably kill a few people not to mention the imax screens 📺 he would set for Trae. 😂 Look you get around that Bosnian pick and it’s Thursday... 😐 

3. The Knicks bigs - Lets face it the Knicks are kinda dumb. 😏 We should give them a future consideration for one of their 3 headed _________.  MitchRob/Gibby/Ju 

3A-Mitch- Offensive rebounder extraordinaire I’m guessing costs too much and they wanna let him grown and shag down RJ’s 17 misses a night. Thought he might receive some easy buckets from Trae and he O boards.

3B-Gibby- Saavy vet who bully balls around the rim with his big butt. He sticks that thing out and makes you move around it. Good screen setter for Trae. Might come cheap.

3C-Ju- Prolly too expensive but would fit if we shipped Collins out for other pieces. Would even work with Collins as Ju backs in and faces up. All of a sudden he’s become a player in this league. Price is too high and contract too long, rather have a rental like Tristan.

Just checked all on friendly contracts except for Randle who is making 19 mill a year for the next 3 roughly.

The rest are suuuuper friendly deals.

Wouldn't be surprised if we landed one ☝️ of these guys by the trade deadline.

Go Hawks!!!

Edited by Spud2nique

Realistic December 15th trade ideas I put together today: 

1. OKC/ATL

OKC trades: Dennis Schröder, Nerlens Noel, and Andre Roberson

ATL trades: DeAndre' Bembry, Allen Crabbe, and Damian Jones 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=whz7pe5

Why for Atlanta? 

Noel rates out as a B-/C+ performer this year and is looking like he might be a swing starting center which is the level of Dedmon with us last year and maybe even more like a pure B- like Baynes with PHX this year. That's a tremendous upgrade over newly C- center Jones. 

Dennis has been stuck at B-/C+ tweener for awhile as a pure high end backup PG, while his contract isn't good, another year left at 15 mil, he does give us a backup PG. 

Roberson is just a wash. Nothing valuable about him at all. He won't play this season. This is just to help OKC cap get under the LT. 

Why for OKC? They need another wing and Bembry fits their style of play for depth. 

Jones is a tremendous rim runner, best 2FG% in the NBA and that fits what they do with SGA and CP3 and he will come off the bench as well. 

Crabbe can shoot but they need more depth and this helps to a degree. Honestly this deal gets them an useful player in Bembry, salary relief and helps them tank a bit easier in the west. Bembry is the coup of this deal. Dennis contract, Noel likely to leave OKC and getting under the LT helps OKC. 

2. PHX trades Aron Baynes

Atlanta trades two 2nd rounders and Damian Jones

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vdo8abl

Why for Atlanta? It's obvious. Just look at the analytics. 

Why for PHX? They will lose Baynes in the off-season and they get value and a rotational center in return for cheap to replace him. 

3. DEN/ATL

Denver trades Torrey Craig

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=twtwtkb

Atlanta trades Tyrone Wallace and a future 2nd round pick and the rights to Marcus Erikson of Alba Berlin. 

Why for Denver? Craig is out of the rotation, he likely wants a trade anyway and they will get a 2nd rounder, a decent stash guy and Wallace contract is not guaranteed. 

Why for Atlanta? He would be an ideal fit in our system as he is a 3 and D player and we lack them to an extreme degree. He would help us and give us a legit rotational depth. 

Edited by NBASupes

While 1 or 2 is similar. This is how we would look with 1 and 3. 

Trae/Schröder/(Turner/Cam)

(Cam/Kevin)/Turner

Hunter/Craig/(Roberson)

Collins/Parker

Noel/Len/Bruno

I think we tremendously upgraded our squad with these two deals. 

• Thanks 1

ATL/CAVS

Cavs get : Allen Crabbe + 2020 2nd round pick

Why for us: Tristan gives us almost exactly what we need. A veteran big who can protect the paint on D and pick up loose garbage baskets on offense and from great feeds from Trae.

Why for Cavs: Tristan will most likely be gone after this season anyways. This at least gives them something to show for it in the form of a second round pick. Crabbe expires as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ucanbxx

Edited by Spud2nique

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

ATL/CAVS

Cavs get : Allen Crabbe + 2020 2nd round pick

Why for us: Tristan gives us almost exactly what we need. A veteran big who can protect the paint on D and pick up loose garbage baskets on offense and from great feeds from Trae.

Why for Cavs: Tristan will most likely be gone after this season anyways. This at least gives them something to show for it in the form of a second round pick. Crabbe expires as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ucanbxx

I think it would take A LOT more for Cleveland to do the deal and like I expected, CLE wants to bring him back. It's too hard to find starting centers on this market. I could only find two that's available at a reasonable cost who could actually start. Noel and Baynes. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256323/Cavs-Interested-In-Re-Signing-Tristan-Thompson

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256113/NBA-PER-Giannis-Antetokounmpo-Climbs-To-No-1

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

I would jump at you Baynes to the Hawks deal and like the OKC one as well, both upgrade us in talent and production.

To be honest, I know Craig but don’t know his game that well. Isn’t he like a stout 6’9” pf bully type like a Carl Landry or Chuck Hayes a bit? 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Schröder

If this is happening, I might buy a jersey that is currently going for $25. It’s an authentic Dennis! 😃 

He would be an ideal and excellent backup to Trae. Just a guy that would keep pressur on the D and continue to wear them out while Trae gets a blow. Ya sign me up!

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I would jump at you Baynes to the Hawks deal and like the OKC one as well, both upgrade us in talent and production.

To be honest, I know Craig but don’t know his game that well. Isn’t he like a stout 6’9” pf bully type like a Carl Landry or Chuck Hayes a bit? 

Nope! Craig is a SF who is a 3/D guy but right now, his mins are inconsistent, he is struggling with his 3P% and his offense revolves around 3s and cutting/athletic plays but without the 3s, he is just bad because he can't put the ball on the deck. Craig last year was a 32% 3P shooter and now he is a 20% which is awful. But his defense is still pretty damn good. I think his shooting will come around. Just not getting any mins. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If this is happening, I might buy a jersey that is currently going for $25. It’s an authentic Dennis! 😃 

He would be an ideal and excellent backup to Trae. Just a guy that would keep pressur on the D and continue to wear them out while Trae gets a blow. Ya sign me up!

It's a great deal for both teams. Bembry for them is like Noel for us. Solves a big need and someone they want to keep for years to come. Roberson is useless for them but that means nothing to us as we are rebuilding. Dennis contract will be gone but I would imagine this gives SGA more time to split at the PG position which is hard to do with all three (SGA/Dennis/CP3) on the roster. 

• Like 1