• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

December 15th trade proposals

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Thanks I had him confused with this guy...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithcr01.html

Craig Smith a bully...Torrey..not as much 😂 

I would still like a Craig Smith, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry bodyguard screen setter for Trae. Just some bully a$$ PF.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Craig Smith a bully...Torrey..not as much 😂 

I would still like a Craig Smith, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry bodyguard screen setter for Trae. Just some bully a$$ PF.

Sadly the modern NBA wasn't a fit for Smith. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bembry

Two other teams that he fits well imo would be the Blazers and the Pistons. They both have a ton of heavy usage players like Lillard, CJ, Drummond and Griffin. They seem to need a sf pest like Bembry just to cause havoc.

Do the Pistons and Blazers have anything we need?

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Two other teams that he fits well imo would be the Blazers and the Pistons. They both have a ton of heavy usage players like Lillard, CJ, Drummond and Griffin. They seem to need a sf pest like Bembry just to cause havoc.

Do the Pistons and Blazers have anything we need?

Sadly, no. The players we can use from Portland aren't available for what we plan to offer and same for Detroit. Reggie Jackson just isn't worth Bembry and Crabbe. Bembry trade value is much too high. Dennis/Noel deal was perfect value for us. Solves two needs. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Realistic December 15th trade ideas I put together today: 

1. OKC/ATL

OKC trades: Dennis Schröder, Nerlens Noel, and Andre Roberson

ATL trades: DeAndre' Bembry, Allen Crabbe, and Damian Jones 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=whz7pe5

Why for Atlanta? 

Noel rates out as a B-/C+ performer this year and is looking like he might be a swing starting center which is the level of Dedmon with us last year and maybe even more like a pure B- like Baynes with PHX this year. That's a tremendous upgrade over newly C- center Jones. 

Dennis has been stuck at B-/C+ tweener for awhile as a pure high end backup PG, while his contract isn't good, another year left at 15 mil, he does give us a backup PG. 

Roberson is just a wash. Nothing valuable about him at all. He won't play this season. This is just to help OKC cap get under the LT. 

Why for OKC? They need another wing and Bembry fits their style of play for depth. 

Jones is a tremendous rim runner, best 2FG% in the NBA and that fits what they do with SGA and CP3 and he will come off the bench as well. 

Crabbe can shoot but they need more depth and this helps to a degree. Honestly this deal gets them an useful player in Bembry, salary relief and helps them tank a bit easier in the west. Bembry is the coup of this deal. Dennis contract, Noel likely to leave OKC and getting under the LT helps OKC. 

4. OKC/ATL

OKC gets their 2021 1st back and Bembry

OKC trades: Danilo Gallinari, Nerlens Noel, Dennis Schröder, and Mike Muscala

Atlanta trades: OKC 1st 2021, DeAndre Bembry, Jabari Parker, Damian Jones, and Chandler Parsons

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s4cgsux

Why for OKC? The ability to get their 1st back gives them more trade flexibility and team building one if they continue to play well. 

I already explained why for Jones and Bembry. For Parsons, he is just for salary proposes like Muscala. Parker gives them a professional scorer off the bench which will help since Dennis is gone. 

Why for Atlanta? Gallinari is the best player in this deal. He is the one player that is actually a legit starting level player which gives Atlanta a tremendous edge. The ability to have him helps our squad beyond measures which is why he is worth Parker and OKC 1st 2021 even as an expiring. OKC 1st wasn't likely to fully convert anyway, fyi. 

I already explained Noel and Schröder. Moose is trash like Parsons. He is just roster spot filler for OKCs end to complete the deal.

@Spud2nique

@kg01

@AHF

@JayBirdHawk

wdyt?

• Like 1

Trae/Dennis/Wallace (This gives us a chance to cut Wallace as well considering Dennis needs all of the #2 mins.)

(Cam/Kevin)/Crabbe

Hunter/(Gallo/Turner)

Collins/Gallo/VC/(Turner/Moose)

Noel/Len/Bruno

Noel is like Dedmon, can't shoot well but is a much better defensive player and Dedmon was a good defensive player for us. 

Gallo is one of the top 50-100 players in the NBA. Instantly our 3rd best player ahead of Hunter, Kevin, and Reddish. He gives a player who can play both forward positions, can play with Collins, can make us better, and can really pass, dribble and shoot. He adds value to our squad and will help Trae, John, DeAndre, Cam and Kevin out a lot. Direct replacement of Parker. 

Dennis is Dennis. His defense has improved but the rest of his game is still Dennis. 

Moose has gotten much worse. He is trash now. Not the same Moose we all knew and loved to a degree. 

Noel gives us a swing level center. Where he is between elite backup center and low end starting center like Dedmon, complete upgrade from Jones who is exclusively a rim runner with athleticism. 

Dennis is a massive upgrade over Turner at backup PG and moves Turner into his natural position which is a point forward. He also goes to being the 10th man which is about what he is right now anyway. Dennis would be slightly overpaid deal if his contract was 4/31 but at 2/31, he is a terrible contract. He is the direct deal of Parsons or Crabbe who is an expiring depending on the deal. 

Parker will be missed as he played a huge role for us. Just that Gallo is an upgrade and helps us even more than Parker does. Parker still is an excellent 6th man and he raised his profile with us. 

The lost of Bembry probably hurts the most. He was our 4th wing who at times was used as our 2nd wing. He will have a lot of interest in free agency and probably will be our most coveted FA this off-season as he adds value to a lot of teams. 

Losing Jones shouldn't hurt as it's an upgrade and a better system fit. Guys like Noel, Baynes and upper tier guys like Adams really are upgrades for us and if available, we should take them. 

As for the off-season, Noel and Gallo are auditioning for a long term contract for all teams so I would like to see them at their best. With 70 million, well 55 million after this deal in cap space, we have ample options. Resigning these guys could be a part of it if they showcase themselves well. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

4. OKC/ATL

OKC gets their 2021 1st back and Bembry

OKC trades: Danilo Gallinari, Nerlens Noel, Dennis Schröder, and Mike Muscala

Atlanta trades: OKC 1st 2021, DeAndre Bembry, Jabari Parker, Damian Jones, and Chandler Parsons

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s4cgsux

Why for OKC? The ability to get their 1st back gives them more trade flexibility and team building one if they continue to play well. 

I already explained why for Jones and Bembry. For Parsons, he is just for salary proposes like Muscala. Parker gives them a professional scorer off the bench which will help since Dennis is gone. 

Why for Atlanta? Gallinari is the best player in this deal. He is the one player that is actually a legit starting level player which gives Atlanta a tremendous edge. The ability to have him helps our squad beyond measures which is why he is worth Parker and OKC 1st 2021 even as an expiring. OKC 1st wasn't likely to fully convert anyway, fyi. 

I already explained Noel and Schröder. Moose is trash like Parsons. He is just roster spot filler for OKCs end to complete the deal.

@Spud2nique

@kg01

@AHF

@JayBirdHawk

wdyt?

I'd pass, these look like quick fixes on the surface. Not long term solutions. If we are trading the OKC pick I'd prefer it to be for a player that's not on an expiring contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I like the idea of getting Nurkic  from  Portland. Alex Len, Allen Crabbe & 2022 pick from OKC for Nurkic.

I'd make this deal.

Not sure PTL would though. I don't think they see Whiteside as their future starting C.

Plus Nurkic is on a very nice contract, they're just waiting for him to return from injury.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like the OKC deal as well. Seems like most of the guy would expire besides Dennis for an additional year. Wow a 4x4 type deal is rare. I don’t mind even just plucking 1 or 2 guys from them.

So if these guys are expiring and not long term solutions, what's the point? ...to get a a few more wins this season?

This seems like bad asset management for a team that has 5 wins. Moving pieces on the checker board, not even chess.

How funny would it be that we have Dennis for that $15 mil next year and giving OKC back their pick. Not very.

I'd limit the deal to acquiring Noel for a 2nd into our capspace. (He'd have to agree to the trade since he's on a 1 year deal).

For backup PG - Teague for Crabbe. (Waive Wallace).

Again, all these are bandaids until JC and Huerter returns to full strength and we see where we actually are.

I don't see us making any deals for Dec. 15th. At the trade deadline Feb 7th I can see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I think I mentioned Nurk in a deal somewhere as well. He would probably be the best screen setter for Trae. The Bosnian bear 🐻

Nurkic would be perfect but as you mentioned above, he is the one player that's in PDX plans for the future with C.J. and Dame that's vets. He is going nowhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd pass, these look like quick fixes on the surface. Not long term solutions. If we are trading the OKC pick I'd prefer it to be for a player that's not on an expiring contract.

I guess I look at these differently. I see all of them as guys we could resign. Unlike most of the guys we got right now.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I guess I look at these differently. I see all of them as guys we could resign. Unlike most of the guys we got right now.

We could resign anyone as long as we meet their price point. The question will always be should we and do they want to be here based on our rebuild.

Like Schlenk said, this season was and still is about the development of our core pieces, not just trying to win a few more games to get the 8th seed by moving assets.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We could resign anyone as long as we meet their price point. The question will always be should we and do they want to be here based on our rebuild.

Like Schlenk said, this season was and still is about the development of our core pieces, not just trying to win a few more games to get the 8th seed by moving assets.

How are we not developing with these guys?

Gallo would be a 6th man in place of Parker

Noel replaces Jones

Dennis gives us a decent PG as a backup to Trae which we didn't have and Moose isn't even going to play much. If anything, it's gives more mins to Cam and Kevin with Bembry gone.

None of these guys get in the way of our young core minutes. If anything, it opens up more. 

I don't understand your doubt in this one. Maybe Dennis contract but that's about it. 

Gallo is an upgrade over Parker and he helps Trae, Cam, Kevin, John and De'Andre. Parker just helps Trae. 

I guess you value the OKC 2021 1st but that's lottery protected and only last for a year before it becomes two 2s and it's not even consistent 2nds. It's like 2023 and 2026 2nds. It likely won't convert unless OKC makes a move for them to compete.