• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm 2 games off my 50 win prediction

sillent

I didn't expect Collins to be out especially in the fashion he went out as well as some of our veterans like Evan Turner to be playing "or not" like they're playing but I still have confidence that we're still on track. At this point it might be closer to 40 than 50 wins but as long as we do what we have to to make they playoffs I feel like we'll go alot faster than most expect. Either way for me this season has been no real surprise although alot of unexpected things have happened. I have alot of hope for our team this year and I see daily improvements as well as mistakes from our best player "Trae Young" which I think will only propel us in the future as he gets even better!!  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see that happening.

Our 1st 20 games last year we were 4-16.

We have 3 games left of our 1st 20 games this year, all on the road vs playoff teams - Bucks, Pacers, Rockets. If we don't win a game, we end our 1st 20 games with an identical 4-16 record like last season, granted with a tougher SOS.

We have 10 games before JC and Huerter gets back.

We were 3-7 in our next 10 games last season. So we ended our 1st 30 games at 7-23.

Can we keep pace or be better than that over our next 10 games vs Warriors, Nets, HorCats, Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, Knicks, Jazz, Nets?

Did you see his original thread when he made his 50 win prediction?  He has the Hawks going on 2 LONG winning streaks after we get out of this November horror movie.  Like 2015 level type win streaks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I put a "thanks' on this thread for the unbridled optimism of the OP. I don't see anywhere near 50 wins, but I can see a nice run after this rough part of the schedule runs its course and Huerter and Collins come back. I think +30 wins is still doable which may be enough to flirt with the 8th seed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

TS on Win Projections:

Q: Where did you project this team before the injuries piled up and before John’s suspension? 

I think our analytics staff projected us to be around 30 to 31 wins. It was somewhere around there.

🤔 So, not in the playoffs - but lottery bound...just saying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TS on Win Projections:

Q: Where did you project this team before the injuries piled up and before John’s suspension? 

I think our analytics staff projected us to be around 30 to 31 wins. It was somewhere around there.

Yeah.  That's a weird thing to say publicly.  "We were projecting 30 wins and fine with that?"   Geez, that's fun to hear as a fan...or player.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TS on Win Projections:

What? No. I’m sorry his analytical team underestimated a healthy hawks team. Now they may luck out but that’s mainly on Collins otherwise bad prediction imo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What? No. I’m sorry his analytical team underestimated a healthy hawks team. Now they may luck out but that’s mainly on Collins otherwise bad prediction imo.

I seriously don't think they saw the strides Trae has made. Projections were made on a much more modest  stats from Trae like 18 or 19 PPG, etc It is a shame Collins made that mistake and Heurter got injured because this team would probably be at least in the 8 seed right now if they were both with the team and healthy during what was the 10 game losing streak.

• Like 2