• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Myles turner

skimaskway23

1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

What would it take to get him? I would give a future 1st for him. I dont think theres a better fit at center for us.

Better watch what you say about trading draft picks around here ! You’ll awaken a ton of crybabies who’s completely against that

• Premium Member

I like Turner. I really like Nurkic from Portland. When he's healthy with Portland having so many guys in luxury tax land or close to it I would love to trade for him. He's a more complete player than Turner who can completely disappear for stretches in games. Nurkic plays with an edge and would thrive with Trae like he has with Dame.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I like Turner. I really like Nurkic from Portland. When he's healthy with Portland having so many guys in luxury tax land or close to it I would love to trade for him. He's a more complete player than Turner who can completely disappear for stretches in games. Nurkic plays with an edge and would thrive with Trae like he has with Dame.

I completely forgot about this guy. I’d love to have him but why would Portland give him up? ....I’m betting they’re willing to go deeper into the luxury tax to retain their own player whenever his contract is up.

whiteside doesn’t make nurkic expendable in my book  but ya never know what may happen 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

As someone who follows every team pretty heavy, you are talking about a player who many PDX fans think is their 2nd best player, literally the only Blazer on an excellent contract and one that fits them perfectly available for trade? There is a reason most centers are never mentioned by me, most of their teams don't want to trade them unless they get a haul and an rebuilding team just ain't in the business of trading hauls for veterans. Minnesota did it and it set them back 3 years. 

When I say we have to avoid skipping steps, I mean it. We can't skip steps. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who follows every team pretty heavy, you are talking about a player who many PDX fans think is their 2nd best player, literally the only Blazer on an excellent contract and one that fits them perfectly available for trade? There is a reason most centers are never mentioned by me, most of their teams don't want to trade them unless they get a haul and an rebuilding team just ain't in the business of trading hauls for veterans. Minnesota did it and it set them back 3 years. 

When I say we have to avoid skipping steps, I mean it. We can't skip steps. 

For the right guy you make trades to complete a roster. Nurkic would be the ideal center for this team. Portland can't keep everyone and we have chips to push in to try and get him.

I'm not saying we have to get him or we fail but I definitely think it is worth considering.