• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will it take?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

To get this team in the playoff hunt in the future?   I think its gonna be a longer road.   Players I like that will contribute besides Trae:

1.  Hunter

2.  Collins

3.  Reddish

4.  Huerter

Not gonna list Parker unless he accepts a bench position.  

Rest of the team is expendable imo.  

Gotta have some veteran talent that includes a big.  Collins plays little defense.  Need a real BU PG.  Another good shooting guard.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

To get this team in the playoff hunt in the future?   I think its gonna be a longer road.   Players I like that will contribute besides Trae:

1.  Hunter

2.  Collins

3.  Reddish

4.  Huerter

Not gonna list Parker unless he accepts a bench position.  

Rest of the team is expendable imo.  

Gotta have some veteran talent that includes a big.  Collins plays little defense.  Need a real BU PG.  Another good shooting guard.  

I’m tired of this comment . Let’s not judge Collins on years 1 & 2 alone .collins was a much improved defender before the suspension...I’d like to believe he can keep it up rather than saying he can’t play much defense 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m tired of this comment . Let’s not judge Collins on years 1 & 2 alone .collins was a much improved defender before the suspension...I’d like to believe he can keep it up rather than saying he can’t play much defense 

This is true. Collins communication at the beginning of the season was miles better than the last couple of seasons. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I hope your right.  

Spend some money in 2020 but not all, save most of it for 2021 draft class. Nerlens Noel would be a great get for this team. I think he can be had for a flexible price that won't hurt us moving forward. As for backup PG, I like Augustin, Teague. Clarkson is worth a gamble if he could be had for cheap. Every team needs a guy who can score in bunches off the bench.

Edited by Marvin24Williams
  • Like 2

We have two glaring needs that I do not think can be filled by any player currently on the roster.

We need another perimeter scorer with playmaking ability who can play off of Trae primarily and step up as the  primary ball handler in certain lineups.

The other glaring weakness is a guy who can protect the rim, defend the PnR, catch the basketball (!) and finish strong around the basket. If we get lucky, he can hit the corner 3 and/or midrange reliably.

I do think Hunter, Reddish, and Huerter will all improve from the 3 around January barring injuries. If we had Collins, I think we’d be floating around .500.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

How many wins better would we be now instead of 4-16 with John.  

With JC they are probably 8-12 or 9-11 imo. May not seem like a big difference but it's basically in the 7-9 range in the East. JC just takes a ton of pressure off of Trae plus keeps Jabari feasting off the bench rather than being exposed as a starter. Plus, JC reduces the minutes for Vince, Jones, Bruno, and Len which is never a bad thing. His bonehead decision really cost the Hawks early on. 

• Like 2

I only truly like Trae and Collins. Everyone else is expendable unless proven otherwise. Some people fall in love with young talent and feel like they are off limits for trades, but if a worthy player becomes available you go get him. Ala Lakers getting Anthony Davis.

Edited by BudBall