• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

What will it take?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BudBall said:

I only truly only like Trae and Collins. Everyone else is expendable unless proved otherwise. Some people fall in love with young talent and feel like they are off limits for trades, but if a worthy players becomes available you go get him. Ala Lakers getting Anthony Davis.

...a worthy player that becomes available and is on a long term contract (at least 2 years) and WANTS to resign with the Hawks or has the Hawks on their wish list.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Even with Collins and Huerter, this team wasn't going anywhere fast. I said at the beginning of the season we are 3-4 seasons from playoffs and 5+ seasons away from being great. Trae, Collins, and Hunter are the only players on this team that are apart of the future. Huerter and Cam are toss ups. The rest is on Schlenk making draft picks, trades, and FA signings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Even with Collins and Huerter, this team wasn't going anywhere fast. I said at the beginning of the season we are 3-4 seasons from playoffs and 5+ seasons away from being great. Trae, Collins, and Hunter are the only players on this team that are apart of the future. Huerter and Cam are toss ups. The rest is on Schlenk making draft picks, trades, and FA signings.

Curious...What makes you so sure on Hunter? He is giving me some Josh Jackson vibes, I think its too early to be sold on him.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ew.

Josh Jackson busted because he's a nutcase.  Hunter's on track to be what I figured he was most likely to be .. Shane Battier-esque.  I'm hoping for more but ...

I understand Hunter is a rookie but I’m gonna need him to toughen up a bit. If he continues to get knocked of the block and bullied around its not going to matter how much experience he gets guarding Lebron and Harden and others. 

It’s fine to be quiet off the court but ur off court rep is following you my man. I’m not saying pull an Artest in Detroit 15 years ago but put a couple players on their butts. F this respect the veterans BS, we all tie our shoes the same way, GO GET IT! 

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, High5 said:

3-4 seasons from playoffs? Is that you, KB? Welcome back. 

There are WAY too many missing pieces for me to say any sooner. We need a bench, backup PG, sixth man, starting center, and a starting SG. We may even need a head coach. Huerter or Cam maybe our starting SG, but they are toss ups.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

There are WAY too many missing pieces for me to say any sooner. We need a bench, backup PG, sixth man, starting center, and a starting SG. We may even need a head coach. Huerter or Cam maybe our starting SG, but they are toss ups.

I’m not going to say it’s guaranteed. As we’ve seen this season, there are no guarantees when injury or random suspensions can hit at any moment. But we’re making the playoffs next season. We had a chance to sneak in this season with a full lineup.

• Like 2

The main reason we wouldn't make the playoffs is Schlenk deciding to sacrifice another season with bad contracts. I just don't think he'll do that again. He needs to put a competitive team out there if he wants to persuade a big FA in 2021. And it will be time to transition anyway. 3 trips to the lottery is enough. Especially since we're getting better odds than expected this season. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, High5 said:

The main reason we wouldn't make the playoffs is Schlenk deciding to sacrifice another season with bad contracts. I just don't think he'll do that again. He needs to put a competitive team out there if he wants to persuade a big FA in 2021. And it will be time to transition anyway. 3 trips to the lottery is enough. Especially since we're getting better odds than expected this season. 

Aaaaaameeeeennnnn!

great post!

• Like 1

Players that will be around next year

Trae

Huerter

Hunter/ Reddish

John Collins

Fernando

Picks we should be doing assuming we are a top 5 pick and 17-20. Edwards, Wiseman, Stewart, Carney Jr.... should be target with own pick, we could even trade down. BKN pick for Hampton, Maxey, Halliburton, Kilian Hayes or Maledon

FAs to target, we can go cheap with some FA like Tyler Johnson, Korkmaz,  Crowder, Baynes, Wood, Henson, Giles, Bertans, Noel or try to go big with Drummond, Joe Harris or even Ibaka.

some likely scenarios

Young/Tyler Johnson/Hampton

Huerter/Reddish/Korkmaz?/Hampton

Hunter/Bembry/?

Collins/Wood/Fernando 

Drummond/Stewart/Fernando

Cheaper scenario I like more

Young/Tyler Johnson/Hampton

Huerter/Joe Harris/Hampton

Hunter/Reddish/Bembry/

Collins/Wood/Bertans

Ibaka/Stewart/Fernando

there are some big FAs apart from Drummond or Harrell that would be really serviceable here and we can promise minutes and roles they cannot have out of here like Bertans, Giles, Vonleh, Baynes, Ibaka, Noel, all of them would be huge upgrades. Even Whiteside or Tristan Thompson could be really valuable here.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Nah, this team probably would be just a couple of games out of the 8th seed after playing the toughest schedule in the NBA with John and a healthy Huerter. We looked great early before the Trae injury and Collin's suspension and that was without Heurter. 

Yes.  I mean it is a very small sample but i think we were like 4-1 with Trae/Heurter/Collins all available and even that was with <100% Heurt.    

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AtLaS said:

This is already a playoff team.  Don't let a JC suspension, multiple injuries and perhaps the toughest schedule in the league so far fool you.  

If we add a C and a backup PG we are better than .500.  Make additional moves in the offseason to add another star (Beal/Adams, etc) to pair with Trae/Collins and we are a contender in the East.  

We will go on a big 2nd half run this season.  I still think we have a shot at the playoffs this year, even considering all of our setbacks.

How is a C and a backup PG going to remedy the fact that we're DEAD LAST in 3 point shooting, which is a major part of our offense?

It may take a complete change in offensive philosophy to maximize the talent on this roster.

As bad as Taurean Prince was defensively, he is LIGHT YEARS ahead of any wing we have on the team offensively.

• Like 1