• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Round 1: Trae and Cam combined for 64 pts, 9 rebs, 10 asts, 4 stls, a blk and -1. Luka had 22, 7, 6, 0, 0, and -16

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d make the trade all over again. Said it before and never wavered on that. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

This was just a glimpse. People don't realize, Cam will be averaging 24+, 7 boards, 4-6 apg, 3 spg, and being a DPOY candidate while Trae kills it on offense. Even if Luka wins an MVP, Trae at that level with Cam makes it a win-win for us. I been saying this, Cam should have went in the top 5. Teams messed up, he had the most potential after the top 3. I get Hunter going ahead of him for obvious reasons but teams will regret not taking Reddish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Teams

Knicks- I think the media would have killed them had they taken Cam over RJ at 3. Having said that, they are the Knicks and seemed cursed.

Suns- They’ve screwed up a ton over the years, I mean they had the 6th pick, should have kept it and drafted Cam. Although I will say they weren’t in need of Cam because of Booker but Cam can compliment any type of player.

Bulls- Coby White looks like a nice player but reminds me of a poor man’s Ben Gordon from UConn. Cam is a lot better prospect.

Cavs- Heres where it’s a toss up. I think both Garland and Cam have good shot at being really good. A ton of mocks had them taking Cam. 

Wiz- I liked both Gonzaga guys, preferring Clarke but Hachimura is as solid as they come. Perhaps pick 9 should have been Cam to the nations capital.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Knicks- I think the media would have killed them had they taken Cam over RJ at 3. Having said that, they are the Knicks and seemed cursed.

Suns- They’ve screwed up a ton over the years, I mean they had the 6th pick, should have kept it and drafted Cam. Although I will say they weren’t in need of Cam because of Booker but Cam can compliment any type of player.

Bulls- Coby White looks like a nice player but reminds me of a poor man’s Ben Gordon from UConn. Cam is a lot better prospect.

Cavs- Heres where it’s a toss up. I think both Garland and Cam have good shot at being really good. A ton of mocks had them taking Cam. 

Wiz- I liked both Gonzaga guys, preferring Clarke but Hachimura is as solid as they come. Perhaps pick 9 should have been Cam to the nations capital.

While I like R.J. and don't like his fit in NY, I wouldn't take Reddish over him in the draft. No way. Even if I think Cam could be better. 

The others, it's all about potential. Rui is the only other one outside of Hayes that can be special that we passed on

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

While I like R.J. and don't like his fit in NY, I wouldn't take Reddish over him in the draft. No way. Even if I think Cam could be better. 

The others, it's all about potential. Rui is the only other one outside of Hayes that can be special that we passed on

The one team that is the most glaring is the Bulls at 7. I don’t understand the Coby White pick very much. The Bulls are rebuilding we’ll imo. They have 2 real pieces in Markk and Wendell. They should have taken Cam. 

Agreed on Rui. He works hard I can see him being a Pascal type that just wants to improve and get better each offseason.

What about the Cavs taking Garland? A bit confused with their strategy as well. They drafted Sexton the year before...then they go after Garland. Seems redundant even though Sexton is more of a smaller 2 guard. I would say Garland also has combo guard skills but more of a primary 1. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was just a glimpse. People don't realize, Cam will be averaging 24+, 7 boards, 4-6 apg, 3 spg, and being a DPOY candidate while Trae kills it on offense. Even if Luka wins an MVP, Trae at that level with Cam makes it a win-win for us. I been saying this, Cam should have went in the top 5. Teams messed up, he had the most potential after the top 3. I get Hunter going ahead of him for obvious reasons but teams will regret not taking Reddish. 

🤣🤣🤣 I bet you could wait for Cam to go off. 

Im happy he’s starting to flash the potential he has

• Haha 4

Just now, NBASupes said:

He been showing improvement a lot. It's just hasn't came together till yesterday 

Yesterday, was just amazing.  The way he was getting to the basket and shooting, the pull up midrange shot, the catch and shoot threes, and the DEFENSE.  I enjoyed every bit of it. I won't expect that every night from him, just want to see those flashes. 

Also, have you been keeping up with Anthony Edwards?  That kid is SPECIAL!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yesterday, was just amazing.  The way he was getting to the basket and shooting, the pull up midrange shot, the catch and shoot threes, and the DEFENSE.  I enjoyed every bit of it. I won't expect that every night from him, just want to see those flashes. 

Also, have you been keeping up with Anthony Edwards?  That kid is SPECIAL!

Edwards is my #1 prospect for 2020. 

Cam been showcasing having the skill to get anywhere on the court and showcasing skill for attacking the paint. The issue was he simply couldn't make his shots. The term beautiful miss was becoming too common. 

It took a lot to get here. Compared to the preseason where this looked like it would be 2021 more than December but work ethic, development and coaching works. Just stay healthy and work hard. Most 6'9 guys can't move like this

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This!  He was coming down the court like a 6'2 guard! When he turns on the burners his fulidity is amazing! Some questioned his work ethic, but I know recently, he and the coaches are talking about the extra work he's putting in.  He's starting to see results from that and I'm glad he is so dedicated to getting better.  Over his last 7 games he's shooting 40% from the field and 31% from three totaling 11.1 points per game.  Those aren't amazing numbers, but considering how rough he started, it's an astronomical improvement.  

He's also not getting stripped going into the lane and he's tightened up his dribble in a short time.  If he starts doing what Trae did last season, the Hawks will start winning a ton of games when Collins comes back and Huerter is 100%.

100%

The player he kinda reminds me of is DeAaron Fox as a rookie on both ends. I took Fox awhile to come around but when he did, he was extremely hard to stop

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I never lost faith in cams offense! I know he can have many more performances like this .

hes going to Continue get it down.

One other thing ...I know this is a trae and cam thread (f**k luka)...but I wanted to acknowledge the defense of the rookies hunter and cam...we are (atleast by the eye test) waaaayyy better defensively when these two are on the court in the starting lineup! Watching last night with out hunter and the games cam missed but hunter played and you can see both are very very much needed for perimeter defense!

some here still think huerter is the starter Sg once he becomes fully healthy but even on cams horrible offense games huerter cannot do what cam can on a defensive standpoint. Cam and hunter really have elite defensive potential in the near future and I don’t think I’ve ever seen two guys this young on the hawks that have “elite” perimeter defensive potential ever

Will this is a pro Trae and Cam thread more than another Luka thread although I know it may appear like that at the end of the day. Cam and Trae are directly linked to that trade and without that trade, it's likely Cam would be elsewhere 

• Like 1