• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Round 1: Trae and Cam combined for 64 pts, 9 rebs, 10 asts, 4 stls, a blk and -1. Luka had 22, 7, 6, 0, 0, and -16

NBASupes

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Will this is a pro Trae and Cam thread more than another Luka thread although I know it may appear like that at the end of the day. Cam and Trae are directly linked to that trade and without that trade, it's likely Cam would be elsewhere 

I understand lol I’m just tired of luka. They are all special talents though at the end of the day 

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So there's a point (I think it was the 2nd quarter), where he caught a pass at the three point line kind of awkward. He started to shoot, then caught himself, squared his feet, pulled in the elbows, measured it and went straight balanced. Before the release, I muttered F@$k Ya!!! And my wife was like, what? Big, huge smile on my face I said, "someone is working with him and he's putting in the work"

Every other good thing Cam did last night was gravy. He's working on the mechanics and I couldnt stop smiling, even in a loss. Mark this night Hawks fans. I think he's about 20 more games before consistent but this is why we drafted him. Getting a rookie to acceopt and work on his flaws ismaybe the hardest thing to do in the NBA. Be patient, he isn't perfect, but that was it. More work, more patience getting his and he'll be an amazing get for next year when we start to push.

I hate to bring up Trae, but there was a reason I saw him as a boom or bust coming into his rookie year. The improvements he made during the 1st half of the season led to the player we got after Dec 15th. That was a stone cold killer who couldn't be stopped. Not saying Cam will have that type of offensive success, I think anyone counting Reddish out will end up with egg on their face sooner than later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I hate to bring up Trae, but there was a reason I saw him as a boom or bust coming into his rookie year. The improvements he made during the 1st half of the season led to the player we got after Dec 15th. That was a stone cold killer who couldn't be stopped. Not saying Cam will have that type of offensive success, I think anyone counting Reddish out will end up with egg on their face sooner than later.

He made scoring those 25 points look easy. That's why I said he's a natural scorer and that Turner, Bembry, and the other offensively challenged Hawks should defer more to him when Trae's not in the game. He has all the skills to do what he did last night consistently. I noticed his on court swag was at 100% when he went on that tear last night. Like he remembered who he was before the injuries and before Duke. He was doing what he did in high school against NBA competition. If this is him moving forward, there's no reason he shouldn't be the offensive focal point when Trae's not in the game. Heck, let him be the secondary ballhandler when Trae's in the game. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

He made scoring those 25 points look easy. That's why I said he's a natural scorer and that Turner, Bembry, and the other offensively challenged Hawks should defer more to him when Trae's not in the game. He has all the skills to do what he did last night consistently. I noticed his on court swag was at 100% when he went on that tear last night. Like he remembered who he was before the injuries and before Duke. He was doing what he did in high school against NBA competition. If this is him moving forward, there's no reason he shouldn't be the offensive focal point when Trae's not in the game. Heck, let him be the secondary ballhandler when Trae's in the game. 

Here's the thing, CLP was asked about that during the preseason - said it was an option, but it was too soon to say because he didn't know what kind of NBA player Cam was since he was rehabbing up until preseason or something like that.

The Huerter injured which forced Cam to start probably put a pause on that early in the season.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was just a glimpse. People don't realize, Cam will be averaging 24+, 7 boards, 4-6 apg, 3 spg, and being a DPOY candidate while Trae kills it on offense. Even if Luka wins an MVP, Trae at that level with Cam makes it a win-win for us. I been saying this, Cam should have went in the top 5. Teams messed up, he had the most potential after the top 3. I get Hunter going ahead of him for obvious reasons but teams will regret not taking Reddish. 

God I hope Youre right.......He was great last night for sure.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yesterday, was just amazing.  The way he was getting to the basket and shooting, the pull up midrange shot, the catch and shoot threes, and the DEFENSE.  I enjoyed every bit of it. I won't expect that every night from him, just want to see those flashes. 

Also, have you been keeping up with Anthony Edwards?  That kid is SPECIAL!

Imagine Trae/Edwards/Cam/Hunter/Collins in a few years...........Good lord..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1