• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Love anyone?

Wurider05

Nah I say just wait it out and sign Andre Drummond in free agency .

i understand the lack of scoring gets to folks when it’s just trae only on some nights or just trae and Parker on most nights.

But trae makes Jones look good cause of the lobs Just think what he’d do for Drummond who’s in Detroit not playing with real playmaker like trae but still dropping close to 20 pts per game! ....and other than that I really do believe in the long run we are going to be more than fine offensively going forward with the other young core players  as a unit with Trae, Collins, Huerter, Reddish (yes Reddish), Hunter, and Parker (if we resign him)...add the draft pick we will get probably at least a top 7 pick In the lottery  likely ....OFFENSIVELY we are going to be just fine!

but paint defense, rebounds, just good old fashion contest at the goal... I’m not so certain about. To me I say sign Drummond at all cost shall he opt out this summer .

drummond with Trae is even better then the Drummond in Detroit. Age fits Too...we won’t be paying these rookies real money for some time and quite honestly Drummond is also one of the only bigger names in the upcoming free agencies I believe the hawks have a legit chance at getting.

oh and if we are going to make a trade for a big .....Adams from okc should be the target . He’s actually the perfect target outside of Drummond for me.

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Nah I say just wait it out and sign Andre Drummond in free agency .

i understand the lack of scoring gets to folks when it’s just trae only on some nights or just trae and Parker on most nights.

But trae makes Jones look good cause of the lobs Just think what he’d do for Drummond who’s in Detroit not playing with real playmaker like trae but still dropping close to 20 pts per game! ....and other than that I really do believe in the long run we are going to be more than fine offensively going forward with the other young core players  as a unit with Trae, Collins, Huerter, Reddish (yes Reddish), Hunter, and Parker (if we resign him)...add the draft pick we will get probably at least a top 7 pick In the lottery  likely ....OFFENSIVELY we are going to be just fine!

but paint defense, rebounds, just good old fashion contest at the goal... I’m not so certain about. To me I say sign Drummond at all cost shall he opt out this summer .

drummond with Trae is even better then the Drummond in Detroit. Age fits Too...we won’t be paying these rookies real money for some time and quite honestly Drummond is also one of the only bigger names in the upcoming free agencies I believe the hawks have a legit chance at getting.

oh and if we are going to make a trade for a big .....Adams from okc should be the target . He’s actually the perfect target outside of Drummond for me.

I much rather Love's contract than maxing out Drummond for the next 5-6 years. Love can shoot and is a solid fit offensively with Collins. Drummond will push Collins to the perimeter eliminating a lot of his elite ability.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

That's usually what kills most fans interest in Love. His contract 

Yet Hawks fans want to max out Drummond for 5 years.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

He is on the block. 

And  his Cavs are down 40 at the half. lol. IT sure is ALOT of blowouts this year..Its not just the Hawks. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I much rather Love's contract than maxing out Drummond for the next 5-6 years. Love can shoot and is a solid fit offensively with Collins. Drummond will push Collins to the perimeter eliminating a lot of his elite ability.

For clarity, the most the Hawks can offer in FAcy is a 4 year deal, just saying. 1 more year than Love.

His max would be starting at $34 mil. Love is at $30 mil

Love will be 32 next season, Drummond will be 27 - 5 year difference.

Not that I'm a fan of either but if the choice was Love or Drummond, I'd take Drummond - Younger and not injury prone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Most Hawk fans don't want Drummond like that. Just several posters and some twitter guys. A lot of them don't realize that Drummond rebounding impact isn't close to Steven Adams. They just see the raw stat and like, wow! We have rebounding issues and he can really rebound but his team rebounds better when he is out of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Most Hawk fans don't want Drummond like that. Just several posters and some twitter guys. A lot of them don't realize that Drummond rebounding impact isn't close to Steven Adams. They just see the raw stat and like, wow! We have rebounding issues and he can really rebound but his team rebounds better when he is out of the game. 

Where’s the proof on this ? 

im not saying I don’t believe you but is this by eye test when you watch them or the analytics show this ?....it’s just hard to believe if true cause I’ve watched a few pistons games this year myself and it doesn’t seem like they rebound better without him.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For clarity, the most the Hawks can offer in FAcy is a 4 year deal, just saying. 1 more year than Love.

His max would be starting at $34 mil. Love is at $30 mil

Love will be 32 next season, Drummond will be 27 - 5 year difference.

Not that I'm a fan of either but if the choice was Love or Drummond, I'd take Drummond - Younger and not injury prone.

I like Drummond clearly lol but I’m no fool I see his flaws but the other reason I’m on the Drummond bandwagon is because I believe he is legitimately the only all star big man the hawks  have a legit shot at in the next few free agencies coming up and thats just a gut feeling of course there’s no truth to that...But I think when he’s a free agent and he’s out there looking at teams he may want to play for I believe he’d welcome the pairing with Trae over others due to trae having the ability to take him to another level so because of  trae  Atlanta is a top destination for him  in my opinion when he sits down and start looking at the teams who has the cap to pay him .

with that said i don’t believe he will only go to teams willing to max him out on his contract cause there won’t be any.

drummond won’t get 34 mil per season in this era. Too many teams care too much about spacing....I think Drummond caps out on a new contract at 23-25 mil per season but we’ll see.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JTB said:

Where’s the proof on this ? 

im not saying I don’t believe you but is this by eye test when you watch them or the analytics show this ?....it’s just hard to believe if true cause I’ve watched a few pistons games this year myself and it doesn’t seem like they rebound better without him.

Basketball Thinking literally just put it in ome of their videos. When I heard it, it justify what my eyes is telling me. His rebounding isn't impactful as the numbers indicate. 

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Basketball Thinking literally just put it in ome of their videos. When I heard it, it justify what my eyes is telling me. His rebounding isn't impactful as the numbers indicate. 

I would love to see the stats on it too. I'm not a big Drummond fan. If there were some statistical backing to that statement, I would assume it would be similar to everyone's scoring averages when a great shooter is on the court...most will defer to the shooter and therefore the scoring average will drop for the other players.

On rebounds, when a team has a vacuum cleaner in the paint, most of the other players will be focused on something other than grabbing boards. I'd love to see the difference on the transition defense for Detroit with Drummond on/off court. That might be a helpful stat to see some dynamics. Just thinking out loud here.

• Like 1