• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We could've used Bembry this game

sillent

For all those hating on Bembry we sure could've used him against in this game against the Bulls. It's funny how you don't miss someone till their gone but he would've helped slow down LaVine as well as given us some momentum/energy on defense that could have changed the scenario or atleast help us keep it close during this game. Hopefully he's not part of a trade because he is critical especially in the 1st 3 quarters of the game. He definitely needs to work on his end of the game decisions as well as 3 pt shot but he gives our team an invisible swag that you might not be able to see until it's missing.     

I hate to say it but he would've gave alot more than Hunter and Huerter this game and helped keep it alot closer. Hunter still seems to struggle with energy on back to backs and Huerter played more but missed alot and honestly wasn't too helpful in this game on offense or defense. 

1 minute ago, sillent said:

I hate to say it but he would've gave alot more than Hunter and Huerter this game and helped keep it alot closer. Hunter still seems to struggle with energy on back to backs and Huerter played more but missed alot and honestly wasn't too helpful in this game on offense or defense. 

We are a team that extremely low on quality depth and experience. We just don't have much margin for error and that's with Collins here as well. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We are a team that extremely low on quality depth and experience. We just don't have much margin for error and that's with Collins here as well. 

It's chemistry with the depth we have. Damian and Len are starting to step it up but our players not 26 and under (which isn't many) I figured would be alot better. Turner, Parsons, Crabbe and even Vince are not playing up to par at all. I didn't realize those were all of our "vets" over 26. Our other vets like Len, Bembry, Jones are starting to play better overall and our rooks are getting better but still have a ways to go. Parker has been pretty solid so far but we  expected Trae, Collins and Huerter to carry us this season. We've mostly been playing with 1/3 of our stars. Huerter has been on and of, on and off the floor so it's almost like what can we expect? 

I do/did expect more from our vets like E.T. and even Carter. Crabbe is showing flashes with more pt but honestly even from him I expected more than flashes especially from beyond the arc. Atleast with him he has shown that he can do more than just shoot the three. All of our players have their faults but even coach Lloyd Pierce has been slipping lately but for the most part we are all still young and this rough patch could either make or break us. Hopefully we are made stronger from it and ultimately the schedule is working towards giving us a light at the end of the tunnel that could help us change our season around. One thing about this season though is their are no easy wins and once we do get out of our funk we will be alot stronger mentally and physically. 

These are the type of seasons that create a championship team like the Warriors or contenders like the 76ers or destroy a fragile team that didn't know how close they were to the finish line (their goals). Believe it or not Bembry does bring some heart and soul to this team and the difference is felt in how we win or lose, Every team needs that gritty player but what we are really missing is our other star in Collins and everyone seems to be getting some backlash because they are struggling to step up and replace what's missing but you don't gain by taking out/away other key pieces.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sillent said:

Hunter played 40 minutes the previous night vs Heat.  The grind for rookies is a real thing.

Huerter is still on a  minutes restriction which means his conditioning is still not where it should be, so I could see dead legs affecting his shooting touch.

Bembry 'might' have been effective - but he is either hit or miss, but his defensive 'energy' might have been helpful of it was 'on' night.  I just don't get the complete benching though., especially when Turner got minutes.

• Like 4

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hunter played 40 minutes the previous night vs Heat.  The grind for rookies is a real thing.

Huerter is still on a  minutes restriction which means his conditioning is still not where it should be, so I could see dead legs affecting his shooting touch.

Bembry 'might' have been effective - but he is either hit or miss, but his defensive 'energy' might have been helpful of it was 'on' night.  I just don't get the complete benching though., especially when Turner got minutes.

Me either.  You liked him so much you put him in for the most pivotal plays of regulation and then can't find a minute for him the next game?  Making the mistake of overplaying him one game doesn't translate into a compete benching for me especially when so many of our wings were struggling.

• Like 4

I guess we're trading Bembry. Another game he's not playing & looks like it might be another blowout. If we do trade him hopefully it's for a significant upgrade or young untapped talent because I can see that coming to bite us as he continues to find his way in this league.

• Thanks 1

I can see Bembry gambling and grabbing a steal from us in the future for someone else but blowing the layup or the finishing pass no doubt and we all go....oh yeah. I have been a fan of him since he shut down Harden when he was a kid but he has been a teaser in that his defense is based on gambling too much even though I personally do not think he needs to. Then of course is the fact there is no finishing on offense with him so this year is it am pretty sure for his roster spot with us. Certainly don't see him in the ten man unless Huerter just can't stay healthy....Huerter's issues are another can of worms that I hope does not screw us up moving forward. Please oh please some good health here.

• Like 2