• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

I've read all this BS we don't need a center..We can put Parker at the 4 and Collins at the 5 to form a similar tandem like Smith and Horford..If they are outsized we can bring in Len/Jones/Bruno to match up size wise..All 3 guys have been playing well..

What we need is an All-star level Shooting Guard who can create and score a consistent 20 a night to take pressure off Trae..He is getting full court pressed and trapped nightly..Cam and Huerter are not All Star caliber players at this point and  are too inconsistent and can't take the pressure of Trae like we need..Both would be better served as 17-20 minutes a night guys off the bench..We are wasting valuable years of Trae Young prime waiting on guys to develop..

#Get Trae Some Help Immediately

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, LastDon said:

I've read all this BS we don't need a center..We can put Parker at the 4 and Collins at the 5 to form a similar tandem like Smith and Horford..If they are outsized we can bring in Len/Jones/Bruno to match up size wise..All 3 guys have been playing well..

I don't think I've seen anyone say 'We don't need a Center'

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, LastDon said:

I'm saying we don't need a center! We need an established Sg

I see. Parker is too brutal on defense to be the starter. JC will struggle as a full time C and he hasn't shown he can defend but few a few games this season. We'd get pummelled on the boards .

Trae, DeRozan, Parker, Collins - the no defense lineup. No thanks.

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I see. Parker is too brutal on defense to be the starter. JC will struggle as a full time C and he hasn't shown he can defend but few a few games this season. We'd get pummelled on the boards .

Kevin Huerter is brutal on defense and inconsistent scoring. .

3 hours ago, LastDon said:

I'm saying we don't need a center! We need an established Sg

Center is by far our biggest position of need. We are totally soft defensively without a rim protector.  We DO need another creator on the perimeter though, but not nearly as bad as a center.

The biggest problem with this team right now is clearly defense and DeRozan doesn’t solve or even improve that.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How about

Trae,Bogdonavic,(RFA)Hunter,Collins,Noel(UFA)

Augustine(UFA),Huerter,Cam,Obi Toppin(Nets pick)/Wiseman(our pick)

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Actually I was considering Joe Harris and Andre Drummond bit Noel and Bogdanovic would work too

Bog has way better handles. TRae needs secondary ball handler. Might as well sign both. lol..And Noel ALOT cheaper then Drummond. Just get Trae some NBA ready players in here...Let the  young players develop behind them.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, Sothron said:

If we keep losing like this we'll get a top#3 pick and can hopefully get him some help. The more the season goes on the more Hunter and Cam will grow. 

I sincerely don't know why some of you guys thought this team this year was a playoff team or close to it. We're not. Losing Collins for 25 games for his stupidity was a kiss of death for the 2019-20 season. We need to continue to develop the kids and see what we got in the offseason. If Hunter and Cam develop to at least starting level talents then we have two solid pieces to go with Young and Collins. 

We desperately need an upgrade at center and a true ball handler/scorer at the two guard. Edwards might be that guy in the draft.

Unfortunately/fortunately, we’re not going to finish with top 3 odds. Once Collins comes back, combined with the softer schedule and the rookies (hopefully) progressing, we’ll probably play .500+ basketball.

But we can still hope for some sweet lottery luck.

• Like 3

If we keep losing like this we'll get a top#3 pick and can hopefully get him some help. The more the season goes on the more Hunter and Cam will grow. 

I sincerely don't know why some of you guys thought this team this year was a playoff team or close to it. We're not. Losing Collins for 25 games for his stupidity was a kiss of death for the 2019-20 season. We need to continue to develop the kids and see what we got in the offseason. If Hunter and Cam develop to at least starting level talents then we have two solid pieces to go with Young and Collins. 

We desperately need an upgrade at center and a true ball handler/scorer at the two guard. Edwards might be that guy in the draft.

How do you know we will get a top three pick? Are you not familiar with the new lottery system? Right we could go as low as #7.

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To me, the young kids aren't the biggest issue. The vets are.  The kids are being forced to play like 4th year players because the vets are so bad.

That's a great point.  When you're number one vet off the bench is 42 year old Vince Carter then there's a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

How do you know we will get a top three pick? Are you not familiar with the new lottery system? Right we could go as low as #7.

And thats as low as we need to go...Hopefully WE can snatch up Okongwu there. 😉

• Moderators

I said before the season that this was a sub-30 win team, that we were 3 seasons away from playoffs, and got berated for it. This is a young team that has a ton of growing to do. They have to learn how to win and that starts with protecting the basketball and stop giving up cheap fouls. Every possession needs to be treated as if it's the last.

Posters need to take off the homer glasses around here and start watching basketball.

• Like 1