• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hollinger hates our rookies

bleachkit

ESPN'S RPM is my favorite impact stat. How they impact the game in their role on their team. It doesn't mean Dennis is a top 20 defense but with OKC scheme and with Noel and Adams protecting him, he is.

The newly created RAPTOR by 538 is my favorite player performance indicator stat. The best by far I've seen.

I like synergy for their high end data and extended clips.

I love nba.com for data. They are the best by far.

I like Basketball reference for quick comparisons and lookups. 

I always liked the RPM and never had an issue with it. 

I think the PER is f***ing stupid 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AHF said:

Clarke has been great so far although I think some of his numbers are unsustainable and am also waiting for him to do a little creating of his own on offense.  He is playing a limited role and doing a great job of it.  He’ll need to expand beyond what he is now to be more than a role player which was always the biggest question for him.  He was expected to be ready and has been for sure.

I love Clarke but saying you would take him over Cam when we took Cam because of his talent, potential and being a PDS which is critical to Travis really makes no sense to take Clarke over Cam if that's your basis. 

If you wanted the best rookie, you take Clarke. If you wanted the best overall defender, you take Clarke. If you wanted the most efficient player, you take Clarke. 

But for what most modern teams want, they would likely take Cam and Atlanta is the extreme of that and Cam was the clear choice. 

7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

2018 draft you keep Graham and draft Robinson instead of Spellman as most wanted. This year we do not make a trade for 4th

Young/Graham

Huerter/NAW

Reddish/FA/Crabbe

Collins/Parker

Robinson/ Hayes/ Len

that is a much better and balanced team in my opinion

Spellman fits the Hawks style and Travis Schlenk method, Robinson never has or will. I see what you are saying, Robinson is the best player of the two but he was passed on by a lot of teams and Atlanta at least 3 times for a reason

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

2018 draft you keep Graham and draft Robinson instead of Spellman as most wanted. This year we do not make a trade for 4th

Young/Graham

Huerter/NAW

Reddish/FA/Crabbe

Collins/Parker

Robinson/ Hayes/ Len

If we can go back in time and redo old drafts like taking Robinson over Spellman then let me prepare my full Hawks 20/20 hindsight redo.  It is going to be a looooooooooooooong list.

And for this year's draft, I'm not sold on Hayes / NAW over Hunter.  NAW is shooting 33% from the floor and has fallen off a cliff after his hot start.  I'm not a believer he will be good.  On Hayes, I'd rather have a good wing than a limited big man.  If you'll notice, Hayes has been like Damian Jones' twin as far as the numbers this season.  Neither can rebound.  Both rim run very effectively.

http://bkref.com/tiny/hHubf

Per 36 Minutes

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Jaxson Hayes 2019-20 19 22 10 466 5.9 9.5 .618 0.0 0.2 .000 5.9 9.3 .633 3.9 5.8 .667 3.2 4.6 7.8 1.2 1.5 1.9 1.5 5.3 15.6
2 Damian Jones 2019-20 24 24 16 446 6.0 8.5 .705 0.2 0.4 .400 5.8 8.1 .720 2.4 3.6 .667 3.1 4.7 7.7 1.4 0.9 1.8 1.3 6.9 14.5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Young/Graham

Huerter/NAW

Reddish/FA/Crabbe

Collins/Parker

Robinson/ Hayes/ Len

You are assuming our 2018 W-L record remains the same with Graham and Robinson and we end up with same #8 and #10 picks.

That's why the hind sight musings are flawed.

• Like 1

hace 6 horas, AHF dijo:

If we can go back in time and redo old drafts like taking Robinson over Spellman then let me prepare my full Hawks 20/20 hindsight redo.  It is going to be a looooooooooooooong list.

And for this year's draft, I'm not sold on Hayes / NAW over Hunter.  NAW is shooting 33% from the floor and has fallen off a cliff after his hot start.  I'm not a believer he will be good.  On Hayes, I'd rather have a good wing than a limited big man.  If you'll notice, Hayes has been like Damian Jones' twin as far as the numbers this season.  Neither can rebound.  Both rim run very effectively.

http://bkref.com/tiny/hHubf

Per 36 Minutes

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Jaxson Hayes 2019-20 19 22 10 466 5.9 9.5 .618 0.0 0.2 .000 5.9 9.3 .633 3.9 5.8 .667 3.2 4.6 7.8 1.2 1.5 1.9 1.5 5.3 15.6
2 Damian Jones 2019-20 24 24 16 446 6.0 8.5 .705 0.2 0.4 .400 5.8 8.1 .720 2.4 3.6 .667 3.1 4.7 7.7 1.4 0.9 1.8 1.3 6.9 14.5

Is not a re do list, we had Graham and traded him and Robinson was too obvious, we needed a Center and he was the best one available. I am not going to go back and see which was the best player, Robinson was too obvious.

I feel like Hunter will be fine. He didn't have that high upside to me coming out, the reason he was going to go fairly high was because 2019 wasn't that great of a draft (as Cleveland was going to draft him). 

I do think he's flashed some potential for more but I think your likely end point is he's about a 15 PPG scorer on good efficiency numbers. He's shown to me that he mostly takes very good shots.

I honestly don't know with Reddish though. He's flashed all star caliber upside while having bad numbers, if you can put it that way. Gonna need to follow here to see if he makes steady improvement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Is not a re do list, we had Graham and traded him and Robinson was too obvious, we needed a Center and he was the best one available. I am not going to go back and see which was the best player, Robinson was too obvious.

We didn’t nail every piece of the 2018 draft but I’ll definitely take our hit rate.  Trae and Huert is a great draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think we selected Graham for us. Just like the LAL didn't select Hunter for them. Agreed upon trades where the other team tells the team who to select for them.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 8:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

You are assuming our 2018 W-L record remains the same with Graham and Robinson and we end up with same #8 and #10 picks.

That's why the hind sight musings are flawed.

#10 is the Dallas pick, so for the sake of discussion I would just leave it at #10. But honestly for me, if we are going to do re drafts I would just take Luka and go from there.

• Like 2