• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Statistical Breakdown of the Hawks

Wurider05

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's amazing that Trae has been pretty much consistently on even when the whole team plays like garbage.  That ain't easy.

I can't remember a team where the drop off from the best player to the next best player was so huge.  

He's improved exponentially since last season. He's way ahead of this rebuild and I hope Schlenk does something about that because the vets on the roster right now aren't cutting it. Schlenk needs to at least make a few trades to field a semi-competitive team so Trae and the Rookies can play in a more structured environment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

What's confusing is our defense is terrible, yet 5th in steals and 15th in blocks... I agree it's rebounding and turnovers.

This is a lot of it.

1. You turn the ball over you don't give your defense any chance.

2.You play good defense for 24 seconds then give up an offensive rebound

3. We give up a lot of 3s too...I don't remember the stat for wide open 3s. 

4. These guys aren't communicating and playing as a unit on defense though. Take care of your guy and provide help as needed. When a player is always looking for defensive help it's already failed.

In the words of Supes - YPJ - the trio makes for a really bad combination defensively 1v1 and team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

What's confusing is our defense is terrible, yet 5th in steals and 15th in blocks... I agree it's rebounding and turnovers.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is a lot of it.

1. You turn the ball over you don't give your defense any chance.

2.You play good defense for 24 seconds then give up an offensive rebound

3. We give up a lot of 3s too...I don't remember the stat for wide open 3s. 

4. These guys aren't communicating and playing as a unit on defense though. Take care of your guy and provide help as needed. When a player is always looking for defensive help it's already failed.

In the words of Supes - YPJ - the trio makes for a really bad combination defensively 1v1 and team.

👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾
👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

folks have to watch the games to know this. Yes it’s just stats but the eye test has shown this when as well on most nights. Not to say we are good defensively but if the turnovers can cut down and if we can actually rebound the damn ball that would shed off atleast a avg of 15pts per game if not possibly more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Also, steals and blocks don't translate directly to good defense.  Guys who are out of position or gamble for steals, etc. may have good steal or block numbers but give up too many easy baskets to their man or cause the defense to lose shape leading to an easy basket for another opponent.  Can't really use those two numbers as a proxy for good D - just one piece of the pie.

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Getting steals and blocks does not necessarily mean good d.  Stopping guys, staying in front of your man, not playing matador is good d

• Like 3

• Moderators

I was peeking at my favorite page (ESPN's magical DRPM page, of course!) and even AFTER yesterday's derp-bacle, Our Hero, no longer dead-last, remains above several "Wizars" at the bottom of the barrel.

Hey, JJ Redick, are those footsteps you hear? Watch out!

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/11/sort/DRPM

~lw3

• Haha 3

On 12/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, capstone21 said:

.  Stopping guys, staying in front of your man, not playing matador is good d

Staying in front of his man is what Bembry could be on D but just won't.