• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iman Shumpert waived - Available

Gray Mule

S I reports that the Nets have waived SG Iman Shumpert.  Would the Hawks have any interest?  Reportedly, he is a good defensive SG and runs hot and cold from downtown.  Can take over the scoring when he's hot.

:smug:

He's a 29 year old veteran.

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

We have enough has-been wings for the bench and him being waived by the Nets should be a red flag. We need a backup PG and a starting center. Bring back Jannero Pargo! lol

False.  Could be Kyme didn't like his hairdo.  And, of course, the Nets are bending over for whatever Kyme wants.

Give me Shumpert all day, every day, over Bembry.  Shump is an actual defender who has Finals experience.

Isn't a true backup point guard but is a guy who'd help our defense at the very least.

#ByeBembry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Shump is an actual defender who has Finals experience.

Also has tech experience, right? I'm sure that has nothing to do with your favor though.  Hehe

All seriousness, I'm not opposed to bringing him in but I wouldn't expect much at this point. I just think there's zero chance he's any WORSE than bembry, crabbe, turner, et al...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Also has tech experience, right? I'm sure that has nothing to do with your favor though.  Hehe

All seriousness, I'm not opposed to bringing him in but I wouldn't expect much at this point. I just think there's zero chance he's any WORSE than bembry, crabbe, turner, et al...

He's been significantly worse then Bembry and Crabbe though.... Maybe not worse than Turner but why do we want a player who is as bad as Turner? If anything we should be looking to get rid of Turner ourselves. 

Shumpert has a TS of 40% and has cracked 50% TS just ONCE in the last 5 years. Miracle he is still in the league to be honest.

• Like 4