• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague

PSSSHHHRRR87

The Wolves are making Jeff Teague available in trade talks.  He is on his last year at $19 mil the same as Crabbe.  However, I don't know at this stage of his career whether Teague would want to come back. 

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256460/Timberwolves-Remain-Open-To-Trading-Jeff-Teague

Edited by Blunt91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's not coming here. That's what happens when you suck.

Does he have a no trade clause ? Otherwise, he doesn’t have a choice and being that he’s on an expiring deal he will have all the motivation in the world to produce.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Does he have a no trade clause ? Otherwise, he doesn’t have a choice and being that he’s on an expiring deal he will have all the motivation in the world to produce.

These days, usually with respected vets the team gets the green light from the player first. It's a players league.

1) I'm not sure why Minnesota would make the deal. Teague is clearly better than the players we have to offer. 

2) What are we even trying to get better for this season? We'd have to play at a 50-win pace the rest of the way just to finish .500. And it's not like Teague is some gracious mentor that will embrace his 15-minute backup role on a lottery team. 

I say (and I think Schlenk agrees) we let the season play out with what we have. Maybe trade Parker if there's some value to be gained. Otherwise let the rookies take their lumps, let Trae/Huerter/Collins continue their progression, pray for some lottery luck, and we can fight for the playoffs next season. 

• Like 1

• Admin

I would love to have JT back here and backing up Trae and providing vet experience ... I know Minny is looking to deal but I don't think that trade provides any incentive for them.  Teague is already expiring and he is a solid backup ... if they are looking to deal it is for a player that is going help them.  Otherwise just let Teague walk at the end of the season

• Like 1

Eating crow time for me because I thought Dennis was the playoff guy for us at point because Jeff just seemed to take so many plays off. Yeah, I was off on the replacement and am now very onboard with Jeff coming back as a mentor, backup point, backup off guard and allowing Trae not to be doubled 24/7. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I would love to have JT back here and backing up Trae and providing vet experience ... I know Minny is looking to deal but I don't think that trade provides any incentive for them.  Teague is already expiring and he is a solid backup ... if they are looking to deal it is for a player that is going help them.  Otherwise just let Teague walk at the end of the season

Agree with you and High on this.

Crabbe for Teague is like "can we give you our expiring contract garbage for your useful expiring contract?"

I currently live in MN and I hear a bunch of negative things about Teague. He didn't want to start and offered himself to play on the bench, doesn't care to play at all, only shows up to play when he wants, etc. 

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

I currently live in MN and I hear a bunch of negative things about Teague. He didn't want to start and offered himself to play on the bench, doesn't care to play at all, only shows up to play when he wants, etc. 

Sounds like Jeff