• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Player Grades Through the 1st 41 Games per The Athletic (Edited)

JayBirdHawk

On 12/13/2019 at 4:23 PM, AHF said:

Too harsh?  I'd say some of those grades are super generous if you consider a C to be average.

I agree, the only average I see here is Parker, possibly Huerter,

Trae has to be a A to a A+. I don't know what more you could ask. He has certainly exceeded my expectations this season. I think I had him pegged at 24 PTS, 9 AST, 4.5 Boards, .440 FG% for this season.

Average C for a rookie might be Hunter. I would say Cam for a rookie is a D-, but for January he is getting close to average ( C ) with a TS% of .527. For the season he is still way off with a TS% of .443. That season long TS% is a epic fail ( like a 40 - 50 if this was a test grade ) and I added in his defense to get him the D-.

I am sure Collins will be a solid B by the end of the season; but right now he gets a D+ for getting suspended. I think that is being kind.

Everybody else is a D including LP and Carter, as his three ball shooting percentage has dropped significantly this year.

I did not give anyone a F, but Parsons should get a incomplete and still have to pay tuition. Unfortunately we have to pay him.

Edited by Buzzard

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I agree, the only average I see here is Parker, possibly Huerter,

Trae has to be a A to a A+. I don't know what more you could ask. He has certainly exceeded my expectations this season. I think I had him pegged at 24 PTS, 9 AST, 4.5 Boards, .440 FG% for this season.

Average C for a rookie might be Hunter. I would say Cam for a rookie is a D-, but for January he is getting close to average ( C ) with a TS% of .527. For the season he is still way off with a TS% of .443. That season long TS% is a epic fail ( like a 40 - 50 if this was a test grade ) and I added in his defense to get him the D-.

I am sure Collins will be a solid B by the end of the season; but right now he gets a D+ for getting suspended. I think that is being kind.

Everybody else is a D including LP and Carter, as his three ball shooting percentage has dropped significantly this year.

I did not give anyone a F, but Parsons should get a incomplete and still have to pay tuition. Unfortunately we have to pay him.

Are you judging defense at all? 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Are you judging defense at all? 

Yes and we are one of the worse if not the worse in basketball. I get Len, Cam, Bembry have their moments. Collins has improved but there is that 25 game no show for him. .

All four of those players get decent minutes. But so far their impact is negligible on the defensive end unless you think having one of the worse defenses in Hawks history is something to hang your hat on. Consistency makes a great defense; absolutely no one on our team is consistent; and moments are obviously not having much of a impact.

Edited by Buzzard

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You can not give Trae an A or A+ due to how bad his d is.

A on offense and F on defense does not balance out to an A

Oh I can. D is a team game. Put it to you like this, if we had Gobert would you give him a A? I would.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

You can not give Trae an A or A+ due to how bad his d is.

A on offense and F on defense does not balance out to an A

I agree that you can't give Trae an A or A+ overall.  I don't think his defense is a F, due to the fact that he does get a steal a game and he's one of the better defensive rebounding PGs in the league.  I don't think his bad defense cancels out his great offense.

If he's an A offensively . . . and a D defensively, I say his offense is worth 2x as much as his defense.

I would give Trae an overall grade of B+.  A grades should be reserved for top 10 players who are excellent offensive players and good defensive players.

Plus, we're 10 - 33, so it would be unrealistic to give any of these guys extremely high grades

Trae:   B+

Collins:  B-

Parker:  C+

Len:  C

Huerter:  C

Hunter:  C

Reddish:  C-

Goodwin:  C-

Bembry:  D+

Crabbe:  D+

Bruno:  D+

Jones:  D+

Vince:  D-

Turner:  D-

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree that you can't give Trae an A or A+ overall.  I don't think his defense is a F, due to the fact that he does get a steal a game and he's one of the better defensive rebounding PGs in the league.  I don't think his bad defense cancels out his great offense.

If he's an A offensively . . . and a D defensively, I say his offense is worth 2x as much as his defense.

I would give Trae an overall grade of B+.  A grades should be reserved for top 10 players who are excellent offensive players and good defensive players.

Plus, we're 10 - 33, so it would be unrealistic to give any of these guys extremely high grades

Trae:   B+

Collins:  B-

Parker:  C+

Len:  C

Huerter:  C

Hunter:  C

Reddish:  C-

Goodwin:  C-

Bembry:  D+

Crabbe:  D+

Bruno:  D+

Jones:  D+

Vince:  D-

Turner:  D-

I think you are being kind to our role p[layers, Len, Goodwin, and kind to Reddish. To me something around a C, which is average, should be a player a 8th seed or better could start or is not starting because there is a all star blocking their way. A possible 6th man which I don't see either.

I just don't think a average score should be given to any player that is really not good enough to start. Just because we found Goodwin and he is ok as a backup. does not make him close to being a average NBA Player. None of those three are right now in my opinion.