Shooting at Cumberland Mall, Atlanta!!!

JayBirdHawk

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I always knew you were a gangster. Did you hit them marks ? 🤣🤣

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glad you are okay. This is why I've started doing most of my shopping online.  Not the shooting part, but just crazy crowds.  They were rightful to be running in this situation.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I read in the news report that people hid in storage of the Gap store is that because its near the food court? I haven't been to Cumberland Mall in a minute, Most importantly I'm glad you are safe Jaybird!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I read in the news report that people hid in storage of the Gap store is that because its near the food court? I haven't been to Cumberland Mall in a minute, Most importantly I'm glad you are safe Jaybird!

I don't think there's a GAP at this mall.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I saw this on social media. Glad you are okay @JayBirdHawk

I think the worst part is you don’t know what’s going on at the time. You read the story and see it isn’t an open shooter, but you don’t know that when you hear the shots. 

• Like 2

I'm happy that you're ok JBH.  I've been in a few nightclubs where someone has let off a few shots at somebody.  The worst thing about it, is that you may not know where the shots are coming from.  You hear the shot(s), then you see a wall of people running at you, which puts you in panic mode too.

Definitely not a good feeling.

• Like 1

I havent been inside a Mall in 20 years. .And I live a few miles from Town Center Cobb. lol. I do know It's some Crazy MF's in Vinings/Smyna area. THose young folks arent fighting fair anymore like we used to settle our differences....Be safe..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

I havent been inside a Mall in 20 years. .And I live a few miles from Town Center Cobb. lol. I do know It's some Crazy MF's in Vinings/Smyna area. THose young folks arent fighting fair anymore like we used to settle our differences....Be safe..

I don't know how old you are, but the kids today are less likely to fight, let alone shoot, than 20 years ago.

The 90s were way worse from a crime standpoint, than it is now.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't know how old you are, but the kids today are less likely to fight, let alone shoot, than 20 years ago.

The 90s were way worse from a crime standpoint, than it is now.  

Not talking about crime...THey arent fist fighting anymore is all im saying.. Theyre punks..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I am glad you are alright Jaybird, I actually worked there and in several other restaurants in that area back in the early eighties.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ha! I've been to Mr. Fix-It! Probably the only time I was over there in the past year, discounting the outside restaurants.

So glad you and many others came away Okay! Hope the victim recovers and they ID and apprehend the suspect soon if they haven't already.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was just asking somebody the other day whether this was a 30th anniversary of one of the early instances of a mass shooting in ATL, Perimeter Mall food court back when the place was pretty new. I was off by a few months (April, 1990).

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1990/04/24/Man-opens-fire-on-lunchtime-crowd-at-mall/8410640929600/

No shootings in public spaces are good ones, but I was definitely relieved to find out today's was of the "isolated incident" variety, and not "active shooter" like Perimeter's was. Stuck in the moment, though, either scenario has to be horrifying.

~lw3

• Like 1