• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

12/15/19 : OPEN FOR BUSINESS @ MIDNIGHT!

Gray Mule

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many deals actually occur at this time of the year though? I get the 40 players sogned in the offense can now be traded, but it's caused a lot of unwarranted speculation regarding trades. Just my 2 cents.

Anywhere from 0-3 on this day alone 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Anywhere from 0-3 on this day alone 

Found this from last year:

There have only been eight trades in NBA history in the month of Decmeber, but many have been recent.

One of them was on Dec. 18, 2014, when the Celtics traded Rajon Rondo and rookie Dwight Powell to the Mavericks for Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, a pair of picks, and a $12.9 million trade exception. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

We need to get Dedmon back.  

I'm just not understanding this.  He's a 30 year old journeyman center that's absolutely sucking this year.  We want to move forward not sideways or backwards.   We need to set our sights higher.  

Edited by macdaddy

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just not understanding this.  He's a 30 year old journeyman center that's absolutely sucking this year.  We want to move forward not sideways or backwards.   We need to set our sights higher.  

Ok.  I have no problem with your assessment but do you want to spend draft picks and about 25 million a year for a young big talent?  

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Ok.  I have no problem with your assessment but do you want to spend draft picks and about 25 million a year for a young big talent?  

I'm not sure who you are referring to but my only issue is the belief that Dedmon in particular would be a difference maker for the Hawks this season.  i just don't see it.  We let him go because we didn't think he was worth the money that Sac gave him (which i'm sure they are regretting).  That evaluation of his worth doesn't change just because the Hawks suck right?

• Like 1

WAITING FOR THE PRICES TO DROP!

Right now, everything is at full price.  Hawks are waiting.  Near the trade deadline, prices will drop.  If we still have no sales, then the clearance rack will open!

That desired center?  One offer was either Hunter or Collins and a draft pick.  Our answer?  No way!  But, there are deals out there.  Just, way out of reach.  

Maybe the prices will drop.  We will simply wait and see.  No drop - - No sale.

:smug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Just don’t get that last puffy orange 🍊 fubu jacket 🧥! It won’t even fit it’s a quadruple X!

😄You sound like someone who would at least check out the clearance rack !!

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

😄You sound like someone who would at least check out the clearance rack !!

😱 Gramps!!!! That’s mean! But true ya I do head straight for that clearance rack. 🤣 Do not pass go do not collect $200 🤣 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You must own one of these, to even know that it existed.

Image result for puffy orange fubu jacket

The Varsity FUBU jacket is much, much better.

Image result for puffy orange fubu jacket

North you got one didn’t you? They have tried since 91, I almost fell for it in 93. I don’t have one in my closet I swear. 😆 

Where do they go though? I mean besides Will Ferrell and Lil Wayne.

Wild idea from SICOM.  The Minnesota Timberwolves are, like the Hawks, in last place in their division.  They have a long losing streak.

They have, apparently, exactly what the Hawks need.  Karl-Anthony Towns, a 24 year old all star type center.  Their thinking?  Hawks might be able to pry him away with a couple of 1st. round picks and extra.  Does anyone believe that this might be possible?

Something to ponder.....

:smug:

• Thanks 1