• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

20 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

They’re hoping to build up their record versus Eastern Conference teams with this 3-game swing through the Southeast, after recent losses at Milwaukee, Toronto, Philadelphia and Indiana.

Oh boy! Probably not the best time to see them as they might be looking for an east coast W. Nice 👍🏾 work lw3 as usual. Like you mentioned we gotta drive to the hole 🕳 and get their bigs in trouble and that starts with your summer dynasty fav Monsieur Gobert! What a flyin Frenchman huh 🤔 I mean... wow just a tower. I marvel at that crazy wingspan, Giannis like. Imagine a team of Giannis and Gobert on D! 😬 

Jazz fav by 7 over/under 225

Go Hawks!

ps I initially didn’t like Conley for rumors that he didn’t want the Hawks to draft him in 07. He’s been a pros pro though and probably the best backcourt player to not make an all star ⭐️ team in forever.

• Like 3

Just now, AHF said:

Tough to finally give Bruno a start and make it against the DPOY who is 4 inches taller.  I hope this isn't one of those "here is your token start in a really rough matchup, screw it up and back to the bench with you" situations.

I don’t think so... 🤔 

I think Bruno has something waiting for him. 🥊 

🇦🇴 > 🇫🇷 

#freebrunonight 

• Like 3

Just now, AHF said:

I'll be cheering for it.  We could use a skrong game tonight.  

Bruno:

Image result for gif uppercut street fighter

Ahhhh that brings back memories! Not good ones for me personally. But I watched a lot of friends dominate in that game. 😉 I was the double dribble guy.

Ps I’ve never looked forward to body language between Hawk teammates as I am tonight in quite a long time. Hoping it’s positive. We just need a win. 18/21 L’s feels bad 😔 

Go good guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's about damn time!

But once again, LP is going with a super small lineup.   And you're forcing De'Andre Hunter to play the 4.  

He could've very easily have started Len and Bruno.  But if we're going to be bad, I'd rather be bad watching the kids, than watching old vets who can't get it done.

This lineup is still going to have problems rebounding the basketball if De'Andre and Cam don't help Bruno, who will be battling the rebounding beast in Rudy Gobert.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tough to finally give Bruno a start and make it against the DPOY who is 4 inches taller.  I hope this isn't one of those "here is your token start in a really rough matchup, screw it up and back to the bench with you" situations.

Second this and hope its not a token 5 minute start then to the bench. I like DeAndre getting a shot at the four with Reddish at the three. DeAndre is not as big girth wise as Parker, but wing span and effort count on D as well. We will be pretty tall and long at SG and SF tonight.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with this.

Show us what you got Bruno.

• Like 2

Three things to watch with Bruno starting.

1) If his solid screens can free up Trae to get off open 3s as he's running the pick and roll

2) If he can find open shooters and cutters, when he does touch the ball in a "threat" position ( i.e. - facing the basket )

3) Can he stay out of foul trouble, seeing that he's battling a guy 4" taller than him.

The Hawks are still putting out a very undersized lineup on the floor.  But it's probably the fastest lineup they can go with.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this an 'ef-fu' to the gru6nbling Vets, that it's about the 5 'yutes'

Steve Koonin on radio earlier pretty much said these current vets aren't part of our future.

Had the same thought.  If there was a rift developing between the youngsters and the vets, LP just sent a very clear message whose corner he is in.

• Like 3