Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

You know what was going on.  It's starts with "c" and rhymes with conspiracy, bro.

In other words, a c-o-n-spiracy, mayne!

To what end, though?  The NBA hasn't been shy about promoting Trae and he and Luka look like potential generational foils.  Seems like they would stand to make more money with Trae getting more attention than someone like Kyrie Irving.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

You were locked in closet as a child weren't you?   Its a freaking scrimmage.  Game doesn't matter.   But, you won't vote for supposed teams best player?

:no: :deke: (deleted gif... is if pronounced GIFF or JIFF? ~lw3)

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

:dance3:

My daily votes have been for Trae and Atlanta's Own, Malcolm Brogdon!

Much like Hots, I'm usually in the "Coffee Is For Closers!" category myself, much of the reason I used to get mad at Hawksnubs like Sap and Al when youngsters like Embiid was on the come-up.

But few so-called backcourt players in the East have been healthy enough to impact their team's W-L record and bump Trae off the top line. Exceptions are Kemba and ATL's Own Jaylen Brown, Celtics who are likely stealing votes from each other, unfortunately for them.

Don't be surprised if some of the more high-minded Lukastans are voting for one of the Super Slovenian's social media pals and draft-year rivals, too.

I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts!

~lw3

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Fans, man....some fans, lol....Tacko Fall, 3 NBA games played currently 6th amongst front court players. 🤣

I understand voting for Tacko, seeing that he's a fan favorite everywhere he goes.  Voting for Kyrie is what is bugging me.  Dinwiddie has had an outstanding year in Kyrie's absence.  So why are fans simply voting for the name that they know?

Trae leading all guards in votes at least shows that his name has star power.  If the Hawks were winning more games, we'd get some of these games flexed into the national TV schedule, giving him and the Hawks even more exposure.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait ... you took that seriously?  Of all the times to take me seriously, you pick then?

I'm at a loss.  I'm like the dog chasing a car who finally caught it.  Got no idea what to do with it now.

Seriously though ... I was joking, bro.  (Oxymoron .. or regular moron.)

Read too many posts about the conspiracies of the NBA front office to keep us down that were delivered seriously.  :approved:

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Heads up. I was able to vote 3 times today by voting on the NBA app, NBA.com on IE, and then again on Google. All perfectly legal and apparently encouraged by the NBA. 

Did the same.  Thanks for the heads up!

56 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

On the "Never" thing. Any old-head Squawkers around from the 1970s when Pistol Pete started (1973 and 1974 while with the Hawks)? Did fans get to pencil their votes in or whatever back then?

~lw3

I sketched mine in stone. 

ps I missed the old days so much I did a rendition of buff man in a little coat (Hawks starter jacket) for a little Xmas fun!

• Haha 3