• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - 2020 All-Star Starter

NBASupes

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I only really watched All Star Saturday night (and about 15-20 minutes of two teams trying to get to 157 points while kind of WTF'ing at Nurse's lineup) but it's nice for me to see that Trae had a good time.

He might not have advanced in the 3 point contest, but that thing actually got pretty intense late in it and the dunk contest was pretty good. That night was really worth getting absorbed into.

I didn't watch a solitary second of the entire thing.  

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

This thread for discussion of Trae's All-Star selection and the game.  This type of post seems likely get someone to respond to you inviting discussion around your being unhappy with how TS has chosen to rebuild the roster.  Please make sure that topic is not on this thread and is on one of the threads where it is topical.  Thanks!

It has nothing to do with that.  I just have no desire to watch the NBA All Star game festivities.  None.  I could care less about the style of play in these games, and I could care less about any of these players using their platform to be a SJW.  

Don't understand a Hawk's fan not wanting to see how Trae performs in such an environment. So many adrenaline plays we have witnessed before and then during the All Star game and Trae just added more cement to his big time passing rep. Fun stuff.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

It has nothing to do with that.  I just have no desire to watch the NBA All Star game festivities.  None.  I could care less about the style of play in these games, and I could care less about any of these players using their platform to be a SJW.  

You do know that "could care less" means you actually care a little bit right? lol

• Haha 2

I’m a huge fan of All-Star Weekend even in years we don’t have any representation. However this year I was especially tuned in just to make sure I caught any extra media attention that came our way (and plenty did). 

Trae was extremely visible over the course of the entire weekend, which I expected as that’s his personality.

He still isn’t the best public speaker on camera, but otherwise he is a great ambassador for this franchise. 

His popularity and charisma is undeniable, people want to talk to him.   Relevant celebs love to grab photo’s with him. This is a far cry from the Joe Johnson and Paul Millsap days of just blending in with the crowd and hiding from the extra attention.

I don’t know how anyone could love the NBA and not want to be a spectator for the All Star Festivities. 

Helps keep you in touch with the happenings and the pulse of these guys when their guard is down. 
I’m totally in to it

• Like 3

@KB21 and I think much alike about the all star game.  I went to sleep at half time and didn't watch any more.  What I did see was a glorified shooting practice with many, many three point shots and many, many dunks.  Wasn't any thing resembling a real NBA game.

I did read that the 4th quarter, in which Trae didn't get to play, was somewhat better.  

:hi:

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

@KB21 and I think much alike about the all star game.  I went to sleep at half time and didn't watch any more.  What I did see was a glorified shooting practice with many, many three point shots and many, many dunks.  Wasn't any thing resembling a real NBA game.

I did read that the 4th quarter, in which Trae didn't get to play, was somewhat better.  

:hi:

The fourth quarter was actually kind of a thing of beauty.  10 of the best players in the world actually playing hard against each other.  It was pretty unprecedented.   There is no other situation where that happens.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2