• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest CBS mock

Spud2nique

• Moderators

The Hawks may consider trading down if this is where they land, but two names would likely be on their radar if Edwards isn't on the board: Cole Anthony and James Wiseman. Wiseman may be the better fit, but I can see the Hawks betting on Anthony's talent. Even with he and Trae Young's ball-dominant game, this is a boom-or-bust pick that could pay massive dividends if it hit.

As they should if we end up this high. We need a backup PG; not a starter that is too good for the role and will fight Trae for minutes... I don't want to see a Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis type backcourt here in Atlanta either. There are other interesting prospects in the top 10, but if the intent is to draft backup PG, then this is too high to be selecting one. Trade down, pick up another future pick w/ protections that us Squawkers can make a "so-and-so watch" thread over, and get us a guy meant for the role.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

As they should if we end up this high. We need a backup PG; not a starter that is too good for the role and will fight Trae for minutes... I don't want to see a Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis type backcourt here in Atlanta either. There are other interesting prospects in the top 10, but if the intent is to draft backup PG, then this is too high to be selecting one. Trade down, pick up another future pick w/ protections that us Squawkers can make a "so-and-so watch" thread over, and get us a guy meant for the role.

Good Lord I didn’t think it would ever happen but we finally agree on something. I like Greg’s rugrat but we have an MVP candidate at that position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the lottery balls end up landing outside of the top 2, maybe 3, they're likely going to have to trade down. Depending on how the rest of the season goes, it might be trade down and attempt to acquire a good young player that's more established. Not sure who right off though.

I'm not sure it won't be trade down regardless either as the best plan. I'm going to need to look into Wiseman more and I'd like to see how Edwards' season goes in what will not be an easy situation given the team he's on. I'd like to see how our players look as well as the season progresses. 

On 12/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, Spud2nique said:

Has us taking Cole Anthony at #2.

Dude is 6’3...him and Trae would be the tiniest and most productive backcourt ever though.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2020-nba-mock-draft-james-wiseman-falls-to-warriors-knicks-get-a-game-changing-guard/

I believe he's 6'4" because some have him listed at 6'3 and others have him listed at 6'5" his wingspan is about +5 or +6 so that'll help him guarding other ones, twos, and threes.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I believe he's 6'4" because some have him listed at 6'3 and others have him listed at 6'5" his winspan is about +5 or +6 so that'll help him guarding other ones, twos, and threes.

Wow 😳 Ok...that’s actually quite a difference maker imo. Still might not work in the mini backcourt. 🧢 is sick just thinking about that mini bs backcourt. 😆 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu

I’m gonna go peep 👀 him at USC this year. Couple games actually. Looking forward to seeing this kid live. 

Still hoping for Edwards or Wiseman but if we drop I’m not mad. 

ps After I watch him live watch I love him 😆..it happens..or I guess I could hate him. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Another dumb mock ...

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/01/07/nba-mock-draft-anthony-edwards-lamelo-ball-james-wiseman

Has us taking Edwards at 1.  Then this abomination ...

Hmmm, lemme read what's so great about this guy ..

... what TF?

😳 I play at the gym with this fool ... slow footed defender on the perimeter what the 😂 woooooowww. Ohhhkay.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😳 I play at the gym with this fool ... slow footed defender on the perimeter what the 😂 woooooowww. Ohhhkay.

They want us to draft a slow-footed dude named Zeke?

What, did Cletus not declare for the draft?

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3