• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Brandon Goodwin Stan Group

NBASupes

• Premium Member

So, in the space of just a couple or three weeks, we go from zero PG depth to arguably having one of the best PG depth charts in the league. Do I got that right?

Man, I can't wait until October 2021.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Goodwin is the reason I wasn't that excited about the Teague trade. I mean, if we had done the Teague trade during early December I would have been hyped af, but making the deal now, when our chances at the playoffs are pretty much completely shot and the emergence of Goodwin.. It just didn't make that much sense to me. Would have preferred a move for a shooting wing, or no move at all and getting Goodwin as many minutes as possible to see what he's got. 

• Like 1

THE CLOSER

Baseball begins spring training next month.  Almost every team has their closer.  A pitcher who comes in, late in the game, and under the pressure of the end of the game, closes the door.

They are not always successful but the great ones usually are and that's why they earn those big $$$ bucks.

In the Hawks last game, Brandon Goodwin came in to start the 4th quarter and stayed to close out the game.  He was a success.  Hawks won!  Is he capable of being our closer?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But, the evidence indicates that he might be.  He was hot, really, really hot in our game against the L A Clippers.  He wowed us!

If he could do this every game, there is no question.  He would be on the floor at the end of every game.  Trae and Jeff could play into the 4th quarter, then turn it over to B G to close it out.  He can't do this.  Not really.  Impossible to think about it.  Still, he did it in our last game.  But, but - - Trae is the all star starter and Jeff is a former all star.  Brandon is a two way player.  Get real.  It ain't happening.  

In the NBA, they just don't do things that way.  Why?  Because, no one does it this way.  That's why.  Really?  What if someone did it this way and it worked, then what?  Ages ago, baseball would have never done it this way..  NBA ain't going to do this.  But, but - - - - -

:yahoo:

• Like 3

• Moderators

I think basketball doesn't have the same limitations in use of players or innings limitations.  If Goodwin can consistently perform, he’ll get the minutes in every quarter (or should) not just the 4th.

• Like 2