• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Moderators
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

If is value is so low then who's going to give him more than the huge amount in his player option?   Or is he opting out to get out of motown? and taking less.

I doubt he will exercise his player option.  Is that being discussed?  Would be a dumb move for him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Last I heard of his market value is it was very low. So low that Detroit pulled him from the marketplace and wanted to see about resigning him in FA. Interesting to see what Atlanta will offer. 

My guess is this will be like the Markelle Fultz deal where maybe a fake 1st is moved or young player with potential but not in the future plans like Bruno is available which I doubt.

I didn't have any scoop, but that's my sentiment as well. Can't think of a single team that would be in a rush to acquire Drummond and Detroit has absolutely nothing to gain by keeping him on the team next year so it would be stupid for them not to take the best offer this year, which I can't fathom being for anything other than cap relief + token picks. 

The Fultz deal was like this. He's not on the market. He's been pulled. Then all of a sudden he gets two 1st rounder offers of the OKC picks. One from ORL and one from us. One 2020, one 2022. They chose Orlando offer over ours. When a team wants to make a deal, they get close to the value they want to a degree. 

• Premium Member
Just now, capstone21 said:

I’m not a Drummond fan as he doesn’t defend either and he is slow but he will help our rebounding.  

Yea. I don't love Drummond but I'll take a one year rental for the Parsons expiring no doubt about it. One thing we can say about Drummond is he is a lot better than any center on the team currently. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea. I don't love Drummond but I'll take a one year rental for the Parsons expiring no doubt about it. One thing we can say about Drummond is he is a lot better than any center on the team currently. 

You're better than any center on the team currently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I’m not a Drummond fan as he doesn’t defend either and he is slow but he will help our rebounding.  

Yes, he's not close to what he was in his first years in terms of effort on defense. I would rather try to get Nurkic.

That being said...you can only trade what's available. If Drummond is available and it doesn't cost much then go for it. His deal comes up the year we want to have cap space in 2021. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Yes, he's not close to what he was in his first years in terms of effort on defense. I would rather try to get Nurkic.

That being said...you can only trade what's available. If Drummond is available and it doesn't cost much then go for it. His deal comes up the year we want to have cap space in 2021. 

Exactly. 

We were all discussing KAT, but let's face it. Drummond is the type of move this franchise can make at this point in time. Beggars can't be choosers. 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can see this being centered around multiple 2nd rounders and maybe even Alex Len. Brooklyn pick should be untouchable 

I feel like you never look at these trades from the other team's perspective. Detroit is absolutely going to demand at least one promising asset in the return. The Brooklyn first or Bruno at least.

• Thanks 1

Just now, terrell said:

I really cant see Travis trading anything of significance for Drummond. IM coming to my senses. .lol. He could jUst wait until FA if he wants him..PR move? lol

Well there's no use for Drummond once he hits FA. No one wants him then. His value is in the next 16 months while his contract is still in effect. Think of it this way.....it's trading Chandler who largely sits on the bench or Turner who bitches and causes problems for 1.5 seasons of legit Center play.  It's a no brainer as long as they don't have to include any young players or prime picks. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, High5 said:

I feel like you never look at these trades from the other team's perspective. Detroit is absolutely going to demand at least one promising asset in the return. The Brooklyn first or Bruno at least.

They can demand whatever they want, but why would anyone give up a promising asset for Drummond?. Question is who has the leverage? Is keeping Drummond next year at 28 million with no shot at a playoff spot where Detroit wants to be next year? All it does is eat up their cap room and add a few extra meaningless wins that will hurt their draft lottery odds next year. Detroit will take the best offer they can get for Drummond and it won't be a good one. 

What team is in a rush for a non shooting big man that plays sub-par defense? The list is not long. 

Drummond on the Hawks eh?  Fine.....as long as (other than the obvious)Hunter, Reddish, and NO FIRST ROUND PICKS!!! are part of the deal.  They can, however, have Bruno.  Now if they have an agreement that he would sign here, reasonably, then maybe we sweeten the pot a little.

• Like 1