[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

Just now, kg01 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28416633/pistons-hawks-talked-andre-drummond-trade-sources-say

BNK pick and Parsons fits that.  "Other assets" smells like Bembry.

Honestly, I hope we're smoke-screenin' on an Adams dealio.

Adams>Dre

all day. 

Tristan Thompson>Dre (not as a player but as a player for us not giving good assets).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

DET clearly leaking this like PHI leaked the Fultz teams which was us, Orlando and a couple of others. They want to get bigger offers if possible. The thing is, most teams don't value Drummond future FA asking price and most don't want to trade an asset for a rental. I am not sure why Atlanta would do it but my guess is the price is right at their current offer. Even if he opts in, it's still a bad contract.

Horford makes same as Drummond and avgs 12/6... DRummond at 28 cant be all that bad. Can it?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d pass. I hate to be the unsexy one here..something I’m never used to anyways at party’s but let the bs media rumors start. 

@kg01 I’m surprised you broke this. Why you. You don’t like Drummond? Hell you don’t like anyone. Lol. 🧐 

I don’t really want Drummond. 

Then again if Trae has a bad shooting night Drummond could break Wilt’s single game rebounding record of 55 boards. Damn think about that. 55 boards in one game. Ok, Drummond would get like 34 😆 

It’s @kg01 fault. Let throw 🍅 at him ..

Usually I only drop kg-bombs in the downstairs bathroom.  Figured I'd drop this nugget on y'all fooo's.

Anyways, I actually do hate Drummmmmnd but figured I'd pass the news along.

I'm cycling between being excited that something/anything is happening and being pissed that it's this clown and not Adams or better.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28416633/pistons-hawks-talked-andre-drummond-trade-sources-say

BNK pick and Parsons fits that.  "Other assets" smells like Bembry.

Honestly, I hope we're smoke-screenin' on an Adams dealio.

I think that's probably the lightest we'd get off. But I don't see any value in doing that if he's just going to decline his player option next season. 

Just now, kg01 said:

Usually I only drop kg-bombs in the downstairs bathroom.  Figured I'd drop this nugget on y'all fooo's.

Anyways, I actually do hate Drummmmmnd but figured I'd pass the news along.

I'm cycling between being excited that something/anything is happening and being pissed that it's this clown and not Adams or better.

For the next month, I expect 💯 rumors having the Hawks doing trades. This was the first domino.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not gonna lie, I am not feeling this. Drummond is an upgrade, yes. But he doesn't space the floor, doesn't communicate well on D, doesn't always give effort, doesn't shoot the ball well, and his passing is up and down. 

I get that he is a decent scorer, elite rebounder, solid rim protector and a great rim runner but he has too many flaws for the modern NBA at the center position. He ain't a different maker in all honesty. 

I honestly don't even want to get him. Especially if it costs us the OKC 1st or Bruno. 

Drummond is still young man...I think it’s fair to give him a shot with a young team around his age.
i think the plan may be to just see how he looks with the hawks over the rest of this year and once he opts in next season too. All the hype has been about 2021 free agency well trading and getting Drummond doesn’t mess up any of those plans ...plus 2020 free agency is weak.

if we have the right team and coaches around Drummond the effort and defense will show right away. As far as shooting ...well can’t have everything! 🤷🏾‍♂️

this is why I said the center position in LPs scheme is too hard to find therefore in my opinion there was never going to be a perfect fit at center which is also why I made a thread a few days ago “when should LP consider a scheme change ??”...cause every thing you mentioned is exactly what LP and this team needs at center for this scheme and that is like finding a unicorn!...it ain’t gonna happen

• Like 1

Just now, Eddielives said:

I hope this isn't Schlenk giving in to Trae's frustration with the team not winning.  But maybe it makes  Trae feel better to see that discussions are happening at least.  

If anyone is pressuring Schlenk I think it would be Ressler. We really don't need another Dwight Howard situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, High5 said:

If anyone is pressuring Schlenk I think it would be Ressler. We really don't need another Dwight Howard situation. 

Oh come now ! I think Drummond will be a lot better then Howard was here.

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Adams>Dre

all day. 

Tristan Thompson>Dre (not as a player but as a player for us not giving good assets).

I will take Adams too! 

• Thanks 1

this is a good and fair write up on Drummond.....if he’s in the right situation and has a clear role to his strengths he will flourish big time!

detroit rosters over the years have either not fitted the type of player he is or they’ve been heavily injured around him.

funny how Toronto, Celtics, Dallas are also rumored to be interested but some of us hawk fans can’t stand this smh ....

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Just now, JTB said:

Oh come now ! I think Drummond will be a lot better then Howard was here.

Maybe, probably. What I mean is we don't need ownership pressuring our GM to make a suboptimal move in an attempt to sell tickets. Trading for Drummond with no assurance that he'll be around next season is bad (unless he really can be had for peanuts), but committing to Drummond beyond next season also seems bad to me. Unless we traded Collins we'd have a ton of money tied up into two guys who struggle to create their own offense. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

Maybe, probably. What I mean is we don't need ownership pressuring our GM to make a suboptimal move in an attempt to sell tickets. Trading for Drummond with no assurance that he'll be around next season is bad (unless he really can be had for peanuts), but committing to Drummond beyond next season also seems bad to me. Unless we traded Collins we'd have a ton of money tied up into two guys who struggle to create their own offense. 

Maybe but what are we giving up to see what happens? The Brooklyn pick and a expiring contract?....why not 

it’s a good risk to see in my opinion. This is why you get all those assets...and who knows maybe the hawks are planning to keep Drummond or feel they can get him on a better long term contract that’s more reasonable 

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dwight played very well as a Hawk. He easily could have scored over 20 ppg if they had given him the ball when he got great post position and would never get the ball to take advantage of it. 

That was a issue no one on this board will admit since most hate Howard.

But no doubt the entry passes were not good to Howard whatsoever! But I will also admit Howard did not commit to setting screens either offensively as much as he should have .

with trae and Drummond I don’t think we will have an issue with Either entry passes from trae or committed screens from Drummond. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BudBall said:

We would give up the nets pick.

Fine with me...how many more “young players “ do they want to develop???!!!

im all good with keeping our pick but at some point we need to add vets to this team to show the young guys how to play...real vets not these bums with knee and achilles injuries 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

That was a issue no one on this board will admit since most hate Howard.

But no doubt the entry passes were not good to Howard whatsoever! But I will also admit Howard did not commit to setting screens either offensively as much as he should have .

with trae and Drummond I don’t think we will have an issue with Either entry passes from trae or committed screens from Drummond. 

Trust me, I defended him. I absolutely hate how they went down with him finally playing for us and then we shipped him out like he had the plague. At least now he's healthy and playing well for the Lakers.

As for us, yes, Drummond should get all the lob passes he wants coming off screens. 

• Like 2