• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

51 minutes ago, terrell said:

Horford makes same as Drummond and avgs 12/6... DRummond at 28 cant be all that bad. Can it?

You can't compare Al to Andre. Al lead literally three teams to the ECF within the last 5 years and does so much very well modern NBA wise for his position. Andre doesn't really play the 5 like you want a modern NBA center to play. Al is quite valuable to most teams. Andre isn't. 

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dwight played very well as a Hawk. He easily could have scored over 20 ppg if they had given him the ball when he got great post position and would never get the ball to take advantage of it. 

No he didn't, he was trash. I was so happy we traded him, even through we had to take back negative assets and trade our pick to CHA. 

Edited by NBASupes

Drummond is a top 10 Center on the league, way better than Adams that is a similar player, same flaws, worst on the strong points. I don't understand the hate. Drummond would solve most of our problems at C, no doubt about it. He fits Trae and he fits Atlanta as a globe, we have the shooting and the PG that he lacks in Det, we would be inmediately a playoff team with him. What I don't understand is why we would give a first for him if he can walk after 3 months, make no sense if we cannot link him. Makes more sense to wait and sign him as a FA next year, I think he should be our top 1 target on Free Agency.

Detroit is absolutely garbage without him.

• Like 3

Just now, gurpilo said:

Drummond is a top 10 Center on the league, way better than Adams that is a similar player, same flaws, worst on the strong points. I don't understand the hate. Drummond would solve most of our problems at C, no doubt about it. He fits Trae and he fits Atlanta as a globe, we have the shooting and the PG that he lacks in Det, we would be inmediately a playoff team with him. What I don't understand is why we would give a first for him if he can walk after 3 months, make no sense if we cannot link him. Makes more sense to wait and sign him as a FA next year, I think he should be our top 1 target on Free Agency.

Detroit is absolutely garbage without him.

I 100% disagree. Adams>>>Drummond

• Thanks 1

It wouldn't be just giving up the Nets pick, but also losing a potential top 3 pick for a potential late lottery pick due to having a better record. If Drummond opts out to enter a weak 2020 free agent class then we push the rebuild back another season. I'd rather stay with what we have, get the high pick, and check in on Drummond in the offseason or trade the Nets pick on draft day for a position of need after we see what we get with our top pick.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I am not gonna lie, I am not feeling this. Drummond is an upgrade, yes. But he doesn't space the floor, doesn't communicate well on D, doesn't always give effort, doesn't shoot the ball well, and his passing is up and down. 

I get that he is a decent scorer, elite rebounder, solid rim protector and a great rim runner but he has too many flaws for the modern NBA at the center position. He ain't a difference-maker in all honesty. 

I honestly don't even want to get him. Especially

This man is one of the best rebounders ever

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Drummond is a top 10 Center on the league ...

In stats only, not impact.

Adams >>>>Drummmnd

3 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

This man is one of the best rebounders ever

And not much else.  That's the problem.

• Like 1

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dwight played very well as a Hawk. He easily could have scored over 20 ppg if they had given him the ball when he got great post position and would never get the ball to take advantage of it. 

Dwight was bad ... he gave little effort ... was lost on O and D.  We were better when he was off the floor.  Losing a chemistry guy like Al and replacing him with Howard was a really bad thing.  Getting stats is not the same as contributing to teams success.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

In stats only, not impact.

Adams >>>>Drummmnd

And not much else.  That's the problem.

Excatly, he gets boards but he won't help us where we need it.  He is a slow center and one that doesn't give all his effort.  I want a guy who is going to defend ... if he can shoot that is a bonus but defense is a HUGE need for us to get better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An aside ... I'm getting sick and fkng tired of fighting people calling Reddish a horrible player.  Do these idiots not comprehend that he's a developmental player and the only reason he plays as much as he does is to hasten his development?

Sure, we could play him situationally, but that would defeat the purpose right?  Friggin dummies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party but let me see if I can find a deal that works.

Detroit is currently about $500,000 into the LT.  Any deal with Detroit would eat up all or most of our $4 million cap room meaning we'd go over the cap and so any deal would need to be within about $5,000,000 salary wise.  So Drummond makes $27,000,000 so an optimal deal from both team's standpoint would be Drummond for $22,000,000 in salary. Evan Turner + Alex Len is about 22.7 million.  They will either want one of our young players + our second 1st round pick this year and they would include similar salary to the young player. So they add Markieff Morris, we add Heurter and it would work.  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uybwe4z

Detroit Out - Drummond and Morris  ($30,293,019)

Atlanta Out - Len, Turner, Huerter + Nets 1st round 2020 draft pick. ($25,402,836).

Not married to this combination but it would be something like this to make it work.....discuss.

Just now, thecampster said:

Sorry I'm late to the party but let me see if I can find a deal that works.

Detroit is currently about $500,000 into the LT.  Any deal with Detroit would eat up all or most of our $4 million cap room meaning we'd go over the cap and so any deal would need to be within about $5,000,000 salary wise.  So Drummond makes $27,000,000 so an optimal deal from both team's standpoint would be Drummond for $22,000,000 in salary. Evan Turner + Alex Len is about 22.7 million.  They will either want one of our young players + our second 1st round pick this year and they would include similar salary to the young player. So they add Markieff Morris, we add Heurter and it would work.  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uybwe4z

Detroit Out - Drummond and Morris  ($30,293,019)

Atlanta Out - Len, Turner, Huerter + Nets 1st round 2020 draft pick. ($25,402,836).

Not married to this combination but it would be something like this to make it work.....discuss.

I’m glad I wasn’t eating when I read that.

• Haha 2

I've been  turning this idea over and over.  Yes, it's enticing, but I think a move like this is shortcutting the process, something Schlenk was adamant he would not do.  

At this point this season is shot.  If you take Drummond on now, you probably lose 5 spots on your own draft pick and you probably have to give up the Nets mid-round pick.  That is too much.  If we want him, then go to free agency and compete for him there.  Drummond is not a big enough prize given the risk.

I think there are some game changing centers in the draft and we need to stay high in the draft, as much as that sucks right now.  Trae needs to understand that.  We must take one more big swing in the draft.  After that, screw the draft, that part of the rebuild is over.  Future draft picks are now put in play trying to do a big deal.  Cap space is used to swing hard in free agency.  Young assets who may end up being excess to requirements become trade bait.

STAY THE COURSE

• Like 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Got some new information: 

1. Detroit is NOT selling. They want value for all of their players and assets from what I was told. 

2. Drummond is NOT getting traded for a fact but he is currently back on the market. 

3. The marketplace hasn't changed any. His value is still two 2nds. What is appealing about Atlanta for DET is the willingness to take on 2020-21 salary without asking for an asset in return. He said, right now, Atlanta is the only team with an offer on the table for Drummond. Dallas is interested as are several others like Boston but all of them simply lack of all of what DET needs. He said, Atlanta cap flexibility is appealing to DET. 

4. He said Gores wants to keep Rose and most his current vets but will trade for value as they perceive. 

5. Said he thinks Drummond will be traded to Atlanta. Doesn't know what DET will get but thinks Morris and Snell will be added to the deal as well. He says DET wants more cap flexibility but they aren't rebuilding. Just retooling. They are still building around Griffin, Rose, Sekou, and Kennard. 

6. He said Atlanta hasn't been open to trading what they consider key assets. Their 1sts this year or young recently drafted players. While he said he doesn't know if Atlanta would move them, he said those pieces have been off-limit so far. 

7. He said DET price tag of Drummond has turned some teams off. 

In addition I've heard S. Adam's asking price is what high and they want young assets.  Sac would love to move Dedmon back to the ATL but not sure the Hawks want to take him back.  I personally think it would be good to bring Dedmon back.