• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 might be wrong on this one too big guy. I think Trez can play center rather easily on a regular basis no less. He showed what he can do tonight against us with their key guys missing.

He gets winded too easy if forced to bang. He's a super energy guy who can score at will and defend in spurts. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 might be wrong on this one too big guy. I think Trez can play center rather easily on a regular basis no less. He showed what he can do tonight against us with their key guys missing.

Not a full time starting C.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We dominated the offensive glass... like for the first time ever. lol.

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He gets winded too easy if forced to bang. He's a super energy guy who can score at will and defend in spurts. 

Hed be a perfect backup PF for us next year though.

Trae/Huerter/Marcus Morris or Crowder/Collins/Adams(I want 2 vets with toughness in the starting lineup)

Teague/Cam/Hunter/Trez/Len

Goodwin/Bruno/draft picks

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Trae/Huerter/Marcus Morris or Crowder/Collins/Adams(I want 2 vets with toughness in the starting lineup)

Sorry man. I don't want nonna them Morris twins on the Hawks.

No reason to go backwards and not start Hunter. He would have a year under his NBA belt.

We need an upgraded bench and a starting C.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

We dominated the offensive glass... like for the first time ever. lol.

Ya, so, what’s ur point? What does that have anything to do with Harrell individually being able to handle the center position? 🤨 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

He'd be a very expensive backup PF and really seems pretty redundant considering we have Collins who I think is going to be a slightly better version of Harrel... Unlikely we could keep both in the long run, unless we want to completely forgo 2021 free agency.

I mean for the right price we for sure should consider it, but Harrell is going to be getting Al Horford type of money next year, and I would pass on being the team that pays him that. 

20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He'd be a very expensive backup PF and really seems pretty redundant considering we have Collins who I think is going to be a slightly better version of Harrel... Unlikely we could keep both in the long run, unless we want to completely forgo 2021 free agency.

I mean for the right price we for sure should consider it, but Harrell is going to be getting Al Horford type of money next year, and I would pass on being the team that pays him that. 

Pretty sure We can sign Harrell and still have enough for a Max FA in 2021.. And He wont get 30 mill like Horford did imo

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Pretty sure We can sign Harrell and still have enough for a Max FA in 2021.. And He wont get 30 mill like Horford did imo

We can sign Harrell, but not Harrell AND Adams, without handicapping our ability to resign our players currently in a rookie contract. 

Harrell will get around 25 million a year per. (so will Collins)

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We can sign Harrell, but not Harrell AND Adams, without handicapping our ability to resign our players currently in a rookie contract. 

Harrell will get around 25 million a year per. (so will Collins)

$25 million for Harrell???😯......a backup? :blanky:. Adams is considered overpayed at $25 mil as a starter.  Harrell should get get Capela/Sabonis money.

But yes, we can have both - if we release all our FA capholds we can have +/- $70 including 2 rookie deals and empty roster charges..subtract $50 mill for Harrell and Adams, that leaves $28 mill. JC is ELIGIBLE to sign his extention and if we do we would need capspace to do it, or we wait until the next season when he's a RFA which keeps his smaller caphold and capspace for 2021.

I'm not worried about paying our own players - we can keep their smaller capholds then exceed the cap to resign them once we've signed our FAs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

$25 million for Harrell???😯......a backup? :blanky:. Adams is considered overpayed at $25 mil as a starter.  Harrell should get get Capela/Sabonis money.

But yes, we can have both - if we release all our FA capholds we can have +/- $70 including 2 rookie deals and empty roster charges..subtract $50 mill for Harrell and Adams, that leaves $28 mill. JC is ELIGIBLE to sign his extention and if we do we would need capspace to do it, or we wait until the next season when he's a RFA which keeps his smaller caphold and capspace for 2021.

I'm not worried about paying our own players - we can keep their smaller capholds then exceed the cap to resign them once we've signed our FAs.

Someone will pay Harrel to be a starter... there aren't a shortage of teams that need a PF/C.

But thanks for the info on the cap situation. Honestly I didn't do any of the numbers, but I had forgotten that you can go over the cap to keep your guys. Question is, will ownership be willing to do this? Hopefully. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Someone will pay Harrel to be a starter... there aren't a shortage of teams that need a PF/C.

But thanks for the info on the cap situation. Honestly I didn't do any of the numbers, but I had forgotten that you can go over the cap to keep your guys. Question is, will ownership be willing to do this? Hopefully. 

Oh yeah don’t worry about that! Resseler is serious about winning if we are contenders he will go over the cap, pay luxury tax the whole thing!

hes said this in two different interviews I recall since he’s become owner but honestly I can tell he will do it just based on how passionate he is about this hawks team.  

for once I don’t believe we have a owner that’s just all talk. I believe resseler can be a top owner in the league and he’s doing the right thing staying patient as much as he possibly can 

• Like 1