• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

53 minutes ago, txsting said:

I've been  turning this idea over and over.  Yes, it's enticing, but I think a move like this is shortcutting the process, something Schlenk was adamant he would not do.  

At this point this season is shot.  If you take Drummond on now, you probably lose 5 spots on your own draft pick and you probably have to give up the Nets mid-round pick.  That is too much.  If we want him, then go to free agency and compete for him there.  Drummond is not a big enough prize given the risk.

I think there are some game changing centers in the draft and we need to stay high in the draft, as much as that sucks right now.  Trae needs to understand that.  We must take one more big swing in the draft.  After that, screw the draft, that part of the rebuild is over.  Future draft picks are now put in play trying to do a big deal.  Cap space is used to swing hard in free agency.  Young assets who may end up being excess to requirements become trade bait.

STAY THE COURSE

To the contrary a move like this one IS the course. They have to acquire players. There aren't any in FA. They can trade their exporing contracts (assets) for a veteran player or players.  Doing it now allows them to assess fit and decide of these vets should be a part of the future. 

Bonus: none of these players impact the 2021 cap when all the elite players will be available. This TYPE of deal is exactly what the Hawks need to do. It IS staying the course.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

To the contrary a move like this one IS the course. They have to acquire players. There aren't any in FA. They can trade their exporing contracts (assets) for a veteran player or players.  Doing it now allows them to assess fit and decide of these vets should be a part of the future. 

Bonus: none of these players impact the 2021 cap when all the elite players will be available. This TYPE of deal is exactly what the Hawks need to do. It IS staying the course.

I think we're far enough down the road that we are ready to take on another championship caliber piece, and ready and willing to pay the price.  But I don't think Drummond is exactly that type of player or piece.  I don't picking up good players from perennial losers is the way forward.  We need winners.  I'm not sure he's worthy of mortgaging the draft for.  I guess if you can get him for expirings and second rounders it could help.

I rather be swinging for a player like KAT rather than a half-measure like Drummond.  

4 minutes ago, txsting said:

I think we're far enough down the road that we are ready to take on another championship caliber piece, and ready and willing to pay the price.  But I don't think Drummond is exactly that type of player or piece.  I don't picking up good players from perennial losers is the way forward.  We need winners.  I'm not sure he's worthy of mortgaging the draft for.  I guess if you can get him for expirings and second rounders it could help.

I rather be swinging for a player like KAT rather than a half-measure like Drummond.  

I'm not married to Drummond. But his type of player. That is...a vet, on a short term deal that can contribute. It's baby steps forward. Get better with every deal. 

This type of deal isnt going to mortgage the future. We are talking about expiring contracts, 2nds, and MAYBE the Bkn pick. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

5. Said he thinks Drummond will be traded to Atlanta. Doesn't know what DET will get but thinks Morris and Snell will be added to the deal as well. He says DET wants more cap flexibility but they aren't rebuilding. Just retooling. They are still building around Griffin, Rose, Sekou, and Kennard. 

Along with Drummond ($29) Hawks getting Snell ($12 mil) and  Morris ($3 mil) too? Is this assuming that Drummond is opting into his contract for next season?

That's $44 million of our capspace for next year.

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Along with Drummond ($29) Hawks getting Snell ($12 mil) and  Morris ($3 mil) too? Is this assuming that Drummond is opting into his contract for next season?

and would mean a trade of Parsons and Turner this year + Nets 1st....Not a bad deal at all

Snell and morris are tradable and usable both

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Adams>Dre

all day. 

Tristan Thompson>Dre (not as a player but as a player for us not giving good assets).

I don't understand the fascination with Adams.  He is an overpaid mediocre center.  He couldn't win a championship with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, etc.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How long is the Morris and snell contracts ?

19 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I don't understand the fascination with Adams.  He is an overpaid mediocre center.  He couldn't win a championship with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, etc.  

Sometimes people can have very irrational likes and dislikes around here. Just the way the Squawk is...

Dude would be a HUGE upgrade. He’s still in his prime and be on a team that is well built for the kind of player he is (in theory). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Yup. We will still have plenty of cap for 2021 to get a Giannis.

Collins-Drummond is easily the best PF-C combo in the East. They will feast on the PnR and dominate the boards.