• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Premium Member

Did a little googling and if you get a upper echelon center you are going to pay at least 25 million a year.  Average center will cost you 15-20 million a year.   Top tier players cost big $$$ and if your gonna play then you pay or you stay mediocre.  IF RESSLER IS SERIOUS as some suggest then these salaries shouldnt be a issue.  

Also been doing a lot of reading and talking and OKC not gonna move Adam's unless the get first round pick and one of our young players of Huerter, Reddish, or Hunter.   

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Did a little googling and if you get a upper echelon center you are going to pay at least 25 million a year.  Average center will cost you 15-20 million a year.   Top tier players cost big $$$ and if your gonna play then you pay or you stay mediocre.  IF RESSLER IS SERIOUS as some suggest then these salaries shouldnt be a issue.  

Also been doing a lot of reading and talking and OKC not gonna move Adam's unless the get first round pick and one of our young players of Huerter, Reddish, or Hunter.   

Capella/Sabonis/Vucevic money is right where I have Drummond slotted.

Since trading Russell Westbrook...OKC's ask for Adams was salary relief, a young player with potential and a 1st round pick. They won't get all 3.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capella/Sabonis/Vucevic money is right where I have Drummond slotted.

Since trading Russell Westbrook...OKC's ask for Adams was salary relief, a young player with potential and a 1st round pick. They won't get all 3.

I want Adam's preferably but since they are winning he wont be moved at the deadline imo.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Drummond has like 10 boards with 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter. He might get 30 tonight. 

Watching the Pistons is just horrible. 😔 

Im starting to worry about that Nets pick...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I don’t know....seems to me that Schlenk kinda makes sense too when he says there’s no need to pay luxury tax unless you have actual contending team.

with the young core guys still in development they may not believe it’s time to go into the luxury tax bracket or even get too close to it.

i do agree though that really no matter the center we go after that guy is going to get paid the big bucks as long as he’s slightly above average. 

the thing about the hawks is I’m not sure where we will be strong at just yet . If we end up being strong around the perimeter like the warriors or more realistically like the Boston Celtics than Schlenk probably won’t feel the need get a big name center but if our stars end up being trae and JC and the other young core only end up being avg (which I don’t believe will happen but anything is possible) ...than in that scenario I definitely think we need to pay big money for a top center like Drummond. .....but none of these questions will be answered by the end of this season cause guys are still developing.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Just to keep pounding on that poor horse, Jarrett Allen was plus 21 tonight playing the same forty minutes amount as Drummond did. Pretty much one on one matchup there. Allen was 20 and 15 with four blocks. The possibly thirty million per idea looks worse and worse whether Drummond gets his rebounds or not.

But does Allen do that on a consistent basis game after game?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

No, think Allen is a 12 and 10 guy at less than three million per this season. It is who he got the 20 and 15 against with the same minutes was my point. The other player is expecting thirty million.

I'm not saying Allen is bad and btw he will get paid when his contract is up.  He had a good game but he is not Drumnond level.   In the right situation with him as the guy Drummond would be a force.  I dont think Drummond fits with the Hawks though who had rather their 5 shooting threes.   

• Like 1