• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Neil Peart, Legend

Eddielives

5 hours ago, Eddielives said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/neil-peart-rush-obituary-936221/

Heavy heart today.  What an incredible person and talented musician/lyricist.

Peart was an incredible drummer and when Rush was into the mythological style songs his lyrics were perfect. Have seen Peart, Portnoy and Palmer performing at different times and they are all great memories of great drummers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

Peart was an incredible drummer and when Rush was into the mythological style songs his lyrics were perfect. Have seen Peart, Portnoy and Palmer performing at different times and they are all great memories of great drummers.

The Necromancer and Fountain of Lamneth.  2 of Rush's songs that are likely not known by the casual fan but might be, imo, their 2 greatest.

• Like 2

For anyone who doesn't know the brilliance of the late seventies combination of Neil Peart and Geddy Lee along with Alex Lifeson of Rush please take a listen to Cygnus x-1. Just one example of their golden age in my mind. If this does not pump you up than you are truly an android. Just to be sure it is an accurate test....crank it up. If you are impatient then skip to about the eight minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MlYgt-QdMI

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't pretend to be a drummer aficionado, but I swear, it was as-if Peart could keep two different time signatures simultaneously on the same song. Off the charts incredible.

My favorite Rush cut has varied depending on what year you happen to ask me.

Red Sector A has been playing in my head all day today.

Probably the one that has been most enduring and endearing is the title track from the Hold Your Fire album.

• Like 2

Liked the mythological stretch the most but have really enjoyed other albums as well. Feel the Caress of Steel album through the Moving Pictures album has consistently been my favorite era of their music. Really great stuff. 

• Like 2