• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Last Update

Slightly large but not really

Hawks first: 

He said Bembry is not on the trading block from all he has right now. He said the Hawks are interested in bringing him back in the off-season. 

Hawks have just enough cap space to add a rookie min but no other mins. 

Any move for the 15th man will be a G-League based move. Right now the Hawks are in talks with the Lakers for Talen Horton-Tucker. There are some other rookie min guys Atlanta is looking at. If they can't agree to a deal, they will likely leave the spot open for 10 day guys. 

Goodwin will be signed shortly to a three to four year small deal. 

I asked about others who are hot seat guys: 

Graham - Hawks like him and think he can help the practices and G-League team, he will stay. 13th man

Bruno - He's not going to be moved. Hawks want him at the end of the rotation but playing for both clubs. 12th man

That's it for the keepers. 

Right now, Atlanta is shopping Damian Jones for young SG depth. They have reached out to:

LAC (Shamet/Robinson) NYK - Bullock CHI - D. Valentine CHA - M. Monk

They are being very aggressive on this front and open to trading a small future asset as well. Atlanta has been declined on several of this players for now. 

The plan is still to have Jeff/Cam/Bembry as the main backups for now but they want to upgrade the back court with a player with a more offensive punch as the 11th man. They are looking for players with multiple years left on their deal. 

Outside of Atlanta: 

LAL and LAC are in a dead heat for Marcus Morris. LAC has been reluctant to trade Shamet. Woj spoke on this and it's confirmed. 

So much of what the national media has is accurate at this point. 

There are a lot of small time players being talked about like D. Valentine but there is nothing like good out there right now. All of the big deals, you can get the latest from twitter. They are locked in to most of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Last Update

Slightly large but not really

Hawks first: 

He said Bembry is not on the trading block from all he has right now. He said the Hawks are interested in bringing him back in the off-season. 

Hawks have just enough cap space to add a rookie min but no other mins. 

Any move for the 15th man will be a G-League based move. Right now the Hawks are in talks with the Lakers for Talen Horton-Tucker. There are some other rookie min guys Atlanta is looking at. If they can't agree to a deal, they will likely leave the spot open for 10 day guys. 

Goodwin will be signed shortly to a three to four year small deal. 

I asked about others who are hot seat guys: 

Graham - Hawks like him and think he can help the practices and G-League team, he will stay. 13th man

Bruno - He's not going to be moved. Hawks want him at the end of the rotation but playing for both clubs. 12th man

That's it for the keepers. 

Right now, Atlanta is shopping Damian Jones for young SG depth. They have reached out to:

LAC (Shamet/Robinson) NYK - Bullock CHI - D. Valentine CHA - M. Monk

They are being very aggressive on this front and open to trading a small future asset as well. Atlanta has been declined on several of this players for now. 

The plan is still to have Jeff/Cam/Bembry as the main backups for now but they want to upgrade the back court with a player with a more offensive punch as the 11th man. They are looking for players with multiple years left on their deal. 

Outside of Atlanta: 

LAL and LAC are in a dead heat for Marcus Morris. LAC has been reluctant to trade Shamet. Woj spoke on this and it's confirmed. 

So much of what the national media has is accurate at this point. 

There are a lot of small time players being talked about like D. Valentine but there is nothing like good out there right now. All of the big deals, you can get the latest from twitter. They are locked in to most of them. 

Is the OKC 1st in play for any deals?

Before you ask, any trades we make, are likely late in the deadline deals today for obvious reasons. Teams will have completed their deals, they will know who is or isn't getting brought out, so they will start cutting down their roster. Many would rather trade and remove than pay you to go. Player agents are also talking to teams today so, yeah, don't expect us to do anything till closer to the end of the deadline. 

• Thanks 4

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I almost forgot to add this. This is exactly what Atlanta wants to do. Go BPA. 

Change Goodwin to 13th man and Graham to 14th man once Goodwin is signed. 

Goodwin staying 13th man will be interesting.  I'm trying to figure out what his weakness is other than being short.  Most g league guys have a glaring hole in their game but i'm not seeing it yet with him.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

One thing I didn't mention because I was thinking about trades is there are a number of vets trying to get buyouts who are expiring on bad teams. Because the market is looking dry for the summer, it's only expanded. That's why Atlanta is looking to snatch of rookie prospect they like who's got a long deal for free. Cleveland is getting bombarded as well as Charlotte with request from player agents. LMAO! Guys realizing that the FA market is weak and would rather help a winner as a 10th man than be a 10th man on a trash team. It's really bad in Cleveland, you got starters wanting buyouts. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Goodwin staying 13th man will be interesting.  I'm trying to figure out what his weakness is other than being short.  Most g league guys have a glaring hole in their game but i'm not seeing it yet with him.  

He's a young Shelvin Mack to a degree. Bruno is ahead of him due to what the Hawks see in him long term. Jones or his spot is as well as they will just be in the rotation. They won't split time in the G-League. Next year, he will be up in the rotation more. No matter what, 3rd PG is his ceiling. That's why it's valuable to get and take a long term deal as the NBA is a numbers game, if you get one, TAKE IT! There are a lot of guys like you playing in the G-League, Asia, and Europe. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I read a comment where a poster said Dedmon was headed to Houston.  I think this was on Bleacher.  Read it early this morning.  

Dedmon is on the Hawks. TT is the one that Houston is targeting and his folks is targeting as well. Houston telling his reps their willing to go into the LT next year to win but not this year due to China, LOL! I think Houston want to give a contract in the off-season as well. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's a young Shelvin Mack to a degree. Bruno is ahead of him due to what the Hawks see in him long term. Jones or his spot is as well as they will just be in the rotation. They won't split time in the G-League. Next year, he will be up in the rotation more. No matter what, 3rd PG is his ceiling. That's why it's valuable to get and take a long term deal as the NBA is a numbers game, if you get one, TAKE IT! There are a lot of guys like you playing in the G-League, Asia, and Europe. 

Yes.  I get that.  Just so far, small sample, goodwin seems a little bit better at almost everything than Mack.   We'll see.  Nice to see Teague bring the hustle last night too.   It's great to have legit PGs on the bench finally.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  I get that.  Just so far, small sample, goodwin seems a little bit better at almost everything than Mack.   We'll see.  Nice to see Teague bring the hustle last night too.   It's great to have legit PGs on the bench finally.

idk about that

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3rd PG is his ceiling . . . until he continues to outplay Jeff Teague and flat out takes his backup PG spot back.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

3rd PG is his ceiling . . . until he continues to outplay Jeff Teague and flat out takes his backup PG spot back.

Yep, I can see that happening.

I wonder what kind of contract Teague is expecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jeff is kinda washed though. Of all of the players who can be replaced in the off-season, he's on the list. Goodwin isn't a backup PG. He can't run the show. He's more of an undersized SG who makes excellent decisions and has high BBIQ like Mack. Teams PnR heavy like Atlanta can't use Goodwin as a backup. Most teams can't. Backup PG is a spot where running the offense is critical or you don't have one. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3