The big question is with bigs:

Clint

Dedmon

Jones

Bruno

Skal .

what do we do with two of them?  

Is Jones a waiver possibility now?  

Any chance a shooter that gets released will want to sign here (being one of the last place teams)?

Clint and Skal both have some injury issues on deck.  I would definitely rather see any of them play over Jones, though.  I'm convinced he has no future with us.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think more should have been done to improve the team now than what was done.  We shouldn’t be holding onto our pick in this year’s draft.  That could have gotten us another veteran that would help now.  

Please give us more detail about who we could have gotten that we can't just wait until free agency to get while adding an asset we can trade in the future for an even better player. 

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Clint and Skal both have some injury issues on deck.  I would definitely rather see any of them play over Jones, though.  I'm convinced he has no future with us.

I must say Jones has shown some improvement lately. He's not fouling out of games in five minutes and he's getting better at grabbing rebounds.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think more should have been done to improve the team now than what was done.  We shouldn’t be holding onto our pick in this year’s draft.  That could have gotten us another veteran that would help now.  

OH COME NOW! Give Schlenk his credit he did great!

10 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

The big question is with bigs:

Clint

Dedmon

Jones

Bruno

Skal .

what do we do with two of them?  

Is Jones a waiver possibility now?  

Any chance a shooter that gets released will want to sign here (being one of the last place teams)?

Marvin Williams?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I cannot say that I disagree with you in terms of the pick. Unless Edwards is available, I fully expect for them to move that pick for an established veteran player...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We don't even know what the pick is. If it's the number 1 pick we will be able to get A LOT more for it after the lottery than what we would get right now.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I cannot say that I disagree with you in terms of the pick. Unless Edwards is available, I fully expect for them to move that pick for an established veteran player...

We will be shopping the pick for sure

17 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Please give us more detail about who we could have gotten that we can't just wait until free agency to get while adding an asset we can trade in the future for an even better player. 

I must say Jones has shown some improvement lately. He's not fouling out of games in five minutes and he's getting better at grabbing rebounds.  

I agree. I don't mind keeping Jones as our last big man. 

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He also had a key blocked shot down the stretch when wolves were trying to make a comeback.

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He has shown improvement lately but I'm still convinced he has no future with us.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s shortsighted.

Nobody we could have acquired via trade would have done enough to get us past the top 6 East teams let alone Milwaukee. 

The only players that could have improved us to that extent (Which barely exist) were not available for trade because those teams are trying to add to their chances to win this year. 

That pick holds far more value in the offseason whether we keep it or not. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That would be the worse defensive team in the history of the NBA, but they would be pretty good offensively. 

After watching John against Towns last night. I'm not trading John for many PF's out there.  Don't see many that young with so much upside.  John does the little things that go unnoticed.  He's improved so much on the defensive end.  

I'm not sure if Schlenk should give him the max, but a good 4  to 5 years at $90 - $110 M should do. 

He develops a couple of post moves and he'll be an all star many times over. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A team with potentially the worst  record in the league trading their first rounder in february, before the lottery, is a horrible idea.  

The fan base would bring out the pitchforks.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A team with potentially the worst  record in the league trading their first rounder in february, before the lottery, is a horrible idea.  

Depends on the return.  I didn't see anything being shopped that I thought was worth it but if it was someone like Anthony Davis who was being shopped last year then you put that pick on the table without hesitating.

• Like 2