• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A team with potentially the worst  record in the league trading their first rounder in february, before the lottery, is a horrible idea.  

Then we get stuck with actually having to make the pick and take a player that will not help the team win in 2021.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we did really well but outside of us, the Wizards 🧙‍♂️ quietly did really well in grabbing Napier and Robinson. 

Two pretty darn good players.

Both solid members of your rotation but I'm not sure either is even a 6th man on a good team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Then we get stuck with actually having to make the pick and take a player that will not help the team win in 2021.  

But does he have to if we fill the roster with useful vets in free agency in the summer?  They can help us win right away, while we have a young top pick developing who can then step up and help us win later. 

This is not either or we have the option to have both vets and young players. 

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Both solid members of your rotation but I'm not sure either is even a 6th man on a good team.

Really? I think Napier is probably one of the better backup point guards in the league. I’m also big on Jerome Robinson I don’t think he had a chance with all the talent in LA but now you might see some things from him. He’s really smooth with the ball and he knows exactly what he is good at doing. 

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But does he have to if we fill the roster with useful vets in free agency in the summer?  They can help us win right away, while we have a young top pick developing who can then step up and help us win later. 

This is not either or we have the option to have both vets and young players. 

They will not sit a top pick no matter how bad he is.  See Cam Reddish.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

That would be the worse defensive team in the history of the NBA, but they would be pretty good offensively. 

After watching John against Towns last night. I'm not trading John for many PF's out there.  Don't see many that young with so much upside.  John does the little things that go unnoticed.  He's improved so much on the defensive end.  

I'm not sure if Schlenk should give him the max, but a good 4  to 5 years at $90 - $110 M should do. 

Biggest benefit of Capela coming here. John won't be fouling out again any time soon. Way too much burden was put on him recently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I think more should have been done to improve the team now than what was done.  We shouldn’t be holding onto our pick in this year’s draft.  That could have gotten us another veteran that would help now.  

You know I agree with you way more than is healthy for my street cred....but if that pick lands us Edwards or Wiseman (or.....eh maybe Ball), it will be worth it. I'm thinking draft day trade is possibly where that pick is spent if one of those 3 aren't going to be available to us and probably only the 2 of them. So holding it to see how the 2nd half of the season shakes out is not a bad idea.

It's too early to talk who I want in the draft because I don't know our range. But in our current range, I am looking at the guards and Toppin. That's pretty much it. 

Ball, Anthony, Hayes, Haliburton, Edwards, Jones, etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's too early to talk who I want in the draft because I don't know our range. But in our current range, I am looking at the guards and Toppin. That's pretty much it. 

If it’s not a top 4 pick we gotta flip it. Then go BPA wherever we land 1-4 if it is a top 4.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I think if I had to board it right now, My board would be 

1. Edwards

2. Wiseman

3. Ball

4. Sell the pick and take the cap space to get a vet (see KB21 plan but without extremism 🙂 )

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think if I had to board it right now, My board would be 

1. Edwards

2. Wiseman

3. Ball

4. Sell the pick and take the cap space to get a vet (see KB21 plan but without extremism 🙂 )

I ain't gonna lie, I don't even have Wiseman on my board. I removed him altogether. I don't think he's a good fit for what we do. For what we do, I'll rather other bigs in this draft and honestly, I think Bruno has as much potential as most bigs in this draft. Maybe Okongwu will be better but Capela is just miles better at this stage and Capela should be very good for us for at least another 6-8 years. I removed all centers altogether even Okongwu. 

For me: 

1. Point Guards, especially high end PG's to backup Trae

2. Edwards

3. Toppin

If we fall outside of the top 10: 

Toppin

Deni A

Jaden McDaniels

or one of the PG's. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

@Supes so back to the Bembry thing. It seems no less than 6 teams called on Bembry but all were trying to get him for nothing of value because they see us going Cam, Kevin, Hunter at the 2/3. They all thought we were looking to dump him.  It seems LP very much likes him and says he's been very good to the rooks and took the step back like a man and a professional. They are valuing him as a pro.

That's what I heard awhile back. LP wanted him. I mean, I see why, he's the 2nd wing off the bench. Even though he screws up our PDS system, he really helps on defense and with Dedmon back, Bembry impact will be even higher. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's what I heard awhile back. LP wanted him. I mean, I see why, he's the 2nd wing off the bench. Even though he screws up our PDS system, he really helps on defense and with Dedmon back, Bembry impact will be even higher. 

I mean I can stomach Bembry as long as his minutes are capped at around 9-12.