Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

A team with potentially the worst  record in the league trading their first rounder in february, before the lottery, is a horrible idea.  

Then we get stuck with actually having to make the pick and take a player that will not help the team win in 2021.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am back from my PP/PCP, my stress levels were too high and causing some issues but I am back. Just gotta relax. My professional job is stressful as well as family and my personal life but I am good

Tonight: Hawks draft Okungwu March/April: "we are still waiting on that toe to get all the way healed, we really can't put a timetable on it."

Actual footage of Edward's agent seeing the interview:

Posted Images

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we did really well but outside of us, the Wizards 🧙‍♂️ quietly did really well in grabbing Napier and Robinson. 
 

Two pretty darn good players.

Both solid members of your rotation but I'm not sure either is even a 6th man on a good team.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Then we get stuck with actually having to make the pick and take a player that will not help the team win in 2021.  

But does he have to if we fill the roster with useful vets in free agency in the summer?  They can help us win right away, while we have a young top pick developing who can then step up and help us win later. 

This is not either or we have the option to have both vets and young players. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Both solid members of your rotation but I'm not sure either is even a 6th man on a good team.

Really? I think Napier is probably one of the better backup point guards in the league. I’m also big on Jerome Robinson I don’t think he had a chance with all the talent in LA but now you might see some things from him. He’s really smooth with the ball and he knows exactly what he is good at doing. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But does he have to if we fill the roster with useful vets in free agency in the summer?  They can help us win right away, while we have a young top pick developing who can then step up and help us win later. 

This is not either or we have the option to have both vets and young players. 

They will not sit a top pick no matter how bad he is.  See Cam Reddish.  

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

That would be the worse defensive team in the history of the NBA, but they would be pretty good offensively. 

After watching John against Towns last night. I'm not trading John for many PF's out there.  Don't see many that young with so much upside.  John does the little things that go unnoticed.  He's improved so much on the defensive end.  

I'm not sure if Schlenk should give him the max, but a good 4  to 5 years at $90 - $110 M should do. 

Biggest benefit of Capela coming here. John won't be fouling out again any time soon. Way too much burden was put on him recently.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I think more should have been done to improve the team now than what was done.  We shouldn’t be holding onto our pick in this year’s draft.  That could have gotten us another veteran that would help now.  

You know I agree with you way more than is healthy for my street cred....but if that pick lands us Edwards or Wiseman (or.....eh maybe Ball), it will be worth it. I'm thinking draft day trade is possibly where that pick is spent if one of those 3 aren't going to be available to us and probably only the 2 of them. So holding it to see how the 2nd half of the season shakes out is not a bad idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too early to talk who I want in the draft because I don't know our range. But in our current range, I am looking at the guards and Toppin. That's pretty much it. 

Ball, Anthony, Hayes, Haliburton, Edwards, Jones, etc. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's too early to talk who I want in the draft because I don't know our range. But in our current range, I am looking at the guards and Toppin. That's pretty much it. 

Ball, Anthony, Hayes, Haliburton, Edwards, Jones, etc. 

If it’s not a top 4 pick we gotta flip it. Then go BPA wherever we land 1-4 if it is a top 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's too early to talk who I want in the draft because I don't know our range. But in our current range, I am looking at the guards and Toppin. That's pretty much it. 

Ball, Anthony, Hayes, Haliburton, Edwards, Jones, etc. 

I think if I had to board it right now, My board would be 

1. Edwards

2. Wiseman

3. Ball

4. Sell the pick and take the cap space to get a vet (see KB21 plan but without extremism 🙂 )

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think if I had to board it right now, My board would be 

1. Edwards

2. Wiseman

3. Ball

4. Sell the pick and take the cap space to get a vet (see KB21 plan but without extremism 🙂 )

 

I ain't gonna lie, I don't even have Wiseman on my board. I removed him altogether. I don't think he's a good fit for what we do. For what we do, I'll rather other bigs in this draft and honestly, I think Bruno has as much potential as most bigs in this draft. Maybe Okongwu will be better but Capela is just miles better at this stage and Capela should be very good for us for at least another 6-8 years. I removed all centers altogether even Okongwu. 

For me: 

1. Point Guards, especially high end PG's to backup Trae

2. Edwards

3. Toppin

 

If we fall outside of the top 10: 

Toppin

Deni A

Jaden McDaniels

or one of the PG's. 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

@Supes so back to the Bembry thing. It seems no less than 6 teams called on Bembry but all were trying to get him for nothing of value because they see us going Cam, Kevin, Hunter at the 2/3. They all thought we were looking to dump him.  It seems LP very much likes him and says he's been very good to the rooks and took the step back like a man and a professional. They are valuing him as a pro.

That's what I heard awhile back. LP wanted him. I mean, I see why, he's the 2nd wing off the bench. Even though he screws up our PDS system, he really helps on defense and with Dedmon back, Bembry impact will be even higher. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's what I heard awhile back. LP wanted him. I mean, I see why, he's the 2nd wing off the bench. Even though he screws up our PDS system, he really helps on defense and with Dedmon back, Bembry impact will be even higher. 

I mean I can stomach Bembry as long as his minutes are capped at around 9-12.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.